• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hello Warhammer fans!
Im sry about my inactivity these past few weeks...but I ve been with some problems with my pc...hope everything is fine with all of u! ;)
anyway...
Im a little outdated in Warhammer 40k stuff...and about DoWII too...so don t expect to read some very inteligent stuff about warhammer...
Do u know if the word(race) "Tyranid", has anything to do with Tyrannosaurus???
cause the tyranids defenitly look like T-Rexes and Raptors, right? or is it just me?? :|

Level 13
I'm fairly sure that the Tyranid is just coincidental with Tyrannosaurus. Both derive from Tyrant/tyranny which is pretty much a single person ruling with absolute power.

Level 13
Nope Warhunter. 1st edition of Warhammer didn't have Tyranids (if I remember correct) but atleast 2nd edition had. 2nd edition came BEFORE Starcraft.

Level 4
hey guys what does the beta version of DoWII includes??? (campaign, skirmishes, multiplayer, etc...)
cause Im downloading it right now! :p

Level 4
oh ok thx!
only 4 races in the game right?
do u think that more will be included in future expansions...like the previews game?
as u know most of the races in DoWI were introduced via expansions(5 races) while the original started with only 4...
lets hope Relic does the same with DoWII! ;)
this is one of the things I loved about DoWI...Its wide variety of races...(though some look the same...lol) xD

Level 15
You have russian and german armies from the ww2.
Iraqy army nowdays. Spetznaz, every Solider needs to beilive in something.
A man, nation or anything else worth of fighting for it.
Eldar beilive in avatar?
Tau in greater good.
IG, SM, BS in Emperor and the Imperium of Man.
Chaos, their gods.
And so on...

Level 11
Ok disciplene and beliving in something is ok. But most soldiers that belive in something wouldent give theyr lives, unlike space marines. They are cool, but they are all like "we will die so Imperioum, and it will ahve 0,0000000000000001% of living 5 more minutes!!!!!".

Level 15
Ok, Hailfireer give me an example of an army that belivies in nothing and that is good at fighting. Just one nation or a race.

Level 15
Here are some quotes:
"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered
automatic weapons."
"Diplomats are just as essential in starting a war as soldiers are for
finishing it."
"It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it."
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV
will be fought with sticks and stones."
And my favourites:
"If you can't remember, the claymore is pointed toward you."
"Tracers work both ways."
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
"Friendly fire - isn't."

orks and tyranids
orks are driven by the desire to ShoOot at fIngs, ChoP at fingS, burn FIngs and BOOM!!! fings all for da WAAAAARGH!!!!!
orks are too stupid to believe anything except the fact that their skin is green, big gunz are good and that red bullitz go fasta!!!

tyranids are driven by the hive mind to a singular goal so they have no desire nor discipline at all. i dont think they care if they get killed cos its impossible to wipe them out. they cant be called an "army" in a sense because they are controlled by one queen.
they dont believe anything.

two army that believe in barely nothing and yet are the biggest threat to humanity

Level 13
I wouldn't exactly call the Hive Mind a Queen since it's nothing more than the collected consciousness of the whole Tyranid race. And yeah, Tyranids cannot be killed, but they can be defeated with massive plot armour and shitty plot devices.

previews ALWAYS looks awesome.
take starcraft 2 for example.
the demo looks awesome.
the concept art looks awesome(except for soem which are total rip of wh40k).
the screenies look awesome
but you know what. the models themselves look like shit and what bloody good is a concept art or a trailer if the game probably uses one gazillionth the number of poly used. or worse yet, the game doesnt seem to ever come out.
i stopped judging games from trailers

@ tyranid: yep. sometimes they just piss you off cos they make everything so impossible. like how SM are so imba. no offence Warhunter but GW makes SM so hard to kill.
but you know what. impossible things can happen. in tabletop anyway. i just got into it like a 2 weeks ago and me and my bro bought Assault on black Reach set. i played ork and him SM.
i was losing bad then one my ork boy managed to kill the space marine captain, kill a termy, dodge 3 melta shots from a dread and got into close combat with the dread then managed to survive for 3 turns.
LOLZ i tell ya. i LOLed hard. i gave the ork a medal, a piece of shiny plastic.
i painted one model so far. takes an hr to paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.