• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warden #42

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Hosted Project Forum

warden-glow-2-gif.277539
warden-title-png.169522
Warden is a single player campaign with unique boss fights, puzzles and gameplay, inspired by Zelda.
ruler-2-png.249639

-Main Features-
267_1.png
Arrowkey Movement
A very polished system for arrowkey movement has been created for this project. The player can also use
the cursor for movement, if that is preferred.
101_1.png
Intriguing Story
Canon to the warcraft lore, the story-telling in the campaign overmaps covers holes in warcrafts own lore,
such as how Felwood was before its corruption, or how Maievs prison where she held Illidan came to be.
98_1.png
Puzzles, Obstacles and Boss Fights
You will encounter a great deal of puzzles that requires some brains to solve, and obstacles where speed and
timing is key. Boss fights, which are fairly common, often requires you to those previous qualities together!
293_1.png
Cool Combat
Most enemies have a trick or two up their sleeves, so you have to dodge, dance around and pick your
moments to strike in a fight rather than just right-click them and hope for the best.

-Screenshots-

Leave a comment and rating if you like it! :)

counterwardenthread-png.269474
Contents

-Warden- 42 (Campaign)

Reviews
StoPCampinGn00b
After over a year of updates, Warden has risen to be one of the most unique and high quality campaign out there. Hack n' slash + puzzles + a new story is a recipe for success. Moderator rating bumped from 4/5 to 5/5.
Level 1
1.12. Elevator worked. I wasn't trapped in zombie's room cause rocks didn't fall in first place (99% sure). South way, vezutari room, I'm stuck, just rocks in my path and no idea what to do.

Level 1
I mean, there are rocks that get you into the labyrinth I'd guess, but how do I get rid of those? The style of the map is secret rune words and levers, and in the sun temple there was a catapult.

Attachments

• betweenarockanda....png
    betweenarockanda....png
    1.2 MB · Views: 159
Level 1
Hi
I played 2 games 1.13

Issue: screenshot g1 banshees aren't moving

Rocks are gone and maze works fine.

Zombie boss (after kill): in the first game there were rocks on the door behind me, but I managed to slip through. In the second game however they didn't appear in first place, just as I thought had happenned yesterday.

And one thing preventing me from finishing the map, the path of bursting frost going north...
I must have played the map about 6 times or 8 or whatever. It was cool except for one set of traps in the begginning of the map which I found had an awkward timing, but in last games I didn't manage to pass through without taking damage in the barrier of frost leading to the 'bonus' room with items and 2 runes of healing. Returning to the point, the big path of bursting frost, in these last 2 games I took damage 100% of the time just by stepping on that blight, making it impossible to pass through without at least taking one instance of damage. Still, it's so hard I just can't manage to pass through without dying at all. If I step when they are bursting, I am literally one shotted. I can use Warcraft 3 wood cheat and spend some time until I do it but I simply gave up after I'd spent ~10 lives. Concluding, I can't activate the obelisks.
Quick question: do the obelisks timing reset when you die? If they don't, I don't believe I have time to activate them 3, even taking the right order and dashing as much as possible.
Cy :thumbs_up:

Attachments

• almost.png
    almost.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
Level 26
That is the biggest issue with this map: Fix something, and something else breaks... For no reason at all.

-Added another soul stone in the banshee path
-Fixed the rock barrier pathing trapping you in the zombie room
-Fixed frost traps animation and faulty damage dealing
-Increased obelisk active time significantly

The frost going to the bonus room though, can't be entered without taking damage. You just need to pass it quickly, grab the bonus and health runes to get full health, and then get out of there before the ghost deal too much damage.

I was unable to reproduce the stopping banshees, unfortunately, but I changed a trigger that might have stopped them before, although it shouldn't have.
The unappearing stones in the zombie pit is caused by other units being in the way of The ressurected rock chunks. This is fixed by not having any enemy units nearby.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Man, was I pleased to try this out! Now.. I very rarely play maps made by other users nowadays simply because I am so busy with the development of my own. I saw it several days ago popping in the map section and after I looked through the description I noticed that it contains difficult puzzles linked to the actual environment. Instantly got me interested.

This is a true breath of fresh air in Warcraft. The movement system is intuitive and feels right. The puzzles are truly challenging and require the player to pay attention to the environment. Everything and anything can matter. The terrain in my opinion has everything that it could possibly need. Sure - some additions and improvements could be made, but it's certainly not necessary.

This reminded me of another map that I really love and that has inspired me many times before - Treasure Cave where the core gameplay revolves around puzzles and observation and less around combat. If you haven't played this old jewel, I certainly advise you to try it out.

Overall, I am really pleased with what you created here. A job really well done.
I rate this 4/5.

Level 26
Wow, thanks!
I don't mean to scratch backs here, but I have to say that your map is outstanding!
I have played it at least 15 times already, and I return to it every now and then when I feel like playing warcraft.
Therefore it feels amazing getting such a good grade from you.
Thanks a lot! :)

I plan to add a lot more content (over even more time, though) to this project, so that it feels like a full-adventure game. I already have three maps and a tutorial out, and currently two maps that is wip.

Level 8
Off the reviews Episode 3: -Warden-

Read This
For first i wanted to say i not make classically review style if say this basic then that means i just say what i think about maps. Let's begin.

What is -Warden-?
Well, Simple Words - Gameplay, music, puzzles, story and idea awesome for me gameplay gives me a nostalgic feels about Zelda times story too are good about puzzles good and my favourite music beautiful.

For a final.
Campaign unfinished ,but it's good so approval will come as fast as it will be able. (Note i can't approve i just vote for it)

Rate.
- Total points 69.8 = 9
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Awesome 70/70 = 10
Good ,but could be better 50/70 = 9
Not bad 40.9/70 = 8
Nicely 35/70 = 7
Too hard to you? 28.5/70 = 6
You tried ,but only half 20/70 = 5
Nice ,but with this you never be good mapmaker 15.5 =4
Try harder 10/70 = 3
Thanks seat down two 5/70 = 2
This sucks 0/70 = 1

Last edited:
Level 26
Thanks, you should check the description on my main project, Warden, though. It is even better. :)

Yeah, the terrain on this one is hardd to handle. In the latest update I experimented a little with the main-room, and it became pretty good, but there is still a long way to go.

Level 26
Thanks! Checked it out, but this doesn't really cover my problem. I'm already pretty content with the out door areas as they are now, but I need to make an indoor kind of forest / ruins / temple.

Here is a slight upgrade:

Forest Tmeple.png

I added a lot more content to the floors, also containg some pathing blockers. The boss rooms will get a few pathing blockers to make the fights more interesting, but will be kept pretty clear. Some more statues, altars might be added aswell.

I also plan on adding more decoration to the walls such as broken walls with trees hanging out, plants hanging, lanterns etc.

Level 5
Gameplay:

The controls works perfectly. It works smoothly and easy to control. But sometimes, it gets weird. For example, the enemy is in front of me, then I attack, but it does not give any damage. Does this happen usually? Or is there a limit of attacking?

I like the way you made the hero. You can't control it by the mouse, but you control in the way of keyboard, like a game using a joystick. The hero was at its best to become balance, and one its reason is the attack damage. While the hit points is based on what difficulty you choose. The dash works fine, nothing much to say about it. The stun was useful. It gives more time to defeat the enemy, and it also avoid losing life.

You choose the right variety of monsters, and the abilities too. I'm really impress with the boss fight. It has a lot of things or events to make the boss fight even more fun and challenging.

The spinning blade room is great, and a bit easy. Its easy to dodge, but if get caught, your result is death. The spiky poison is somewhat hard, but it makes the map challenging. There's no clue or hint to know what will happen. I tried dashing foward, but the results is death. I manage to know how to get pass that room, by walking around. Until then I saw a green shell, if I get close to the owl. It took me 10 minutes to figure it out.

The rune was so helpful. I always keep that, in case I have low life.​

Terrain

Each room has a beautiful terrain, but some room are too plain. Anyways, the placement of doodads is decent, aswell the tile variation you choose.​

Verdict

That's all I can say. I got stucked at the room full of lever. Anyways, I will rate it 4/5, and voting for approval.​

Level 8
Bonus

Read This
For first i wanted to say i not make classically review style if say this basic then that means i just say what i think about maps. Let's begin.

What is -Warden-?
Well, Simple Words - Gameplay, music, puzzles, story and idea awesome for me gameplay gives me a nostalgic feels about Zelda times story too are good about puzzles good and my favourite music beautiful.

For a final.
Campaign unfinished ,but it's good so approval will come as fast as it will be able. (Note i can't approve i just vote for it)

Rate.
- Total points 69.8 = 9
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Awesome 70/70 = 10
Good ,but could be better 50/70 = 9
Not bad 40.9/70 = 8
Nicely 35/70 = 7
Too hard to you? 28.5/70 = 6
You tried ,but only half 20/70 = 5
Nice ,but with this you never be good mapmaker 15.5 =4
Try harder 10/70 = 3
Thanks seat down two 5/70 = 2
This sucks 0/70 = 1

Bonus:
With new update's coming up my review will not change until full and ready campaign come out since it's are beta you still will have 9 until full release
see you then.

Level 8
Honestly, i think i would have enjoyed the current maps way more if it wasn't for arrows and qwe controlls. I just don't like them in WC3. Period. One just can't make them responcive enough. Maybe it's just me however. I think that a mix between slasher and click to move controlls would be neat. You know, so a player could do a vast majority of actions with his mouse but right-clicking an enemy will only make the Warden attack once.

Also, i suggest you to think of the idea of enchantments being active not only untill the end of a map. I think since it's a campaign it would be nice to have some powers\items to gather to carry on with you across and between the maps of the campaign. Especialy if Zelda games were an insparation for you. Zelda insparation is also important in terms of gameplay. Those series featured a constantly evolving gameplay, right. However i don't think that you could possible base the variety of gameplay entirely on the implementation of new puzzles and enemies.

Those were my suggestions and the things i wanted to highlight. However i still enjoyed those maps very very much and i'm looking forward to the release of this campaign, even with arrow+qwe controll scheme and without boosting your char throughout the whole campaign.

Also i'm a very big fan of your level-design. Maps were very visualy appealing (maybe besides those stone walls in the forest temple map) and the gamplay part of the map design was deep. As it is i think those stand-alone maps a worthy of 4\5 stars. A campaign might be worthy of a Derector's Cut rating.

Great job!
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Level 26
Gameplay:

The controls works perfectly. It works smoothly and easy to control. But sometimes, it gets weird. For example, the enemy is in front of me, then I attack, but it does not give any damage. Does this happen usually? Or is there a limit of attacking?

I like the way you made the hero. You can't control it by the mouse, but you control in the way of keyboard, like a game using a joystick. The hero was at its best to become balance, and one its reason is the attack damage. While the hit points is based on what difficulty you choose. The dash works fine, nothing much to say about it. The stun was useful. It gives more time to defeat the enemy, and it also avoid losing life.

You choose the right variety of monsters, and the abilities too. I'm really impress with the boss fight. It has a lot of things or events to make the boss fight even more fun and challenging.

The spinning blade room is great, and a bit easy. Its easy to dodge, but if get caught, your result is death. The spiky poison is somewhat hard, but it makes the map challenging. There's no clue or hint to know what will happen. I tried dashing foward, but the results is death. I manage to know how to get pass that room, by walking around. Until then I saw a green shell, if I get close to the owl. It took me 10 minutes to figure it out.

The rune was so helpful. I always keep that, in case I have low life.​

Terrain

Each room has a beautiful terrain, but some room are too plain. Anyways, the placement of doodads is decent, aswell the tile variation you choose.​

Verdict

That's all I can say. I got stucked at the room full of lever. Anyways, I will rate it 4/5, and voting for approval.​

Right, I should add a tip that you must stay under the owls to be protected. It was obvious to me, as my first map "Solen's Sanctuary" had a tip about it. I will add a similiar tip to this map.

The terrain of this map shall be improved. I'm not happy with the indoor areas yet as most of them are way too simple. I have a lot of things coming up in those areas.

Too bad you gave up around the levers, but I understand. They are tricky indeed! I will be adding a walkthrough to this map aswell soon, in a similiar way that I ahve to my other maps. Then, if someone get stuck there again, they will be able to look there for a solution.

The blade room shall be nerfed. I thought I implemented that already that they should take 55 health if you are hit, and then be paused from being hit again for a one or two seconds. I will look into this!

I'm glad you liked the bossfights! I must say though, you haven't seen the best parts yet of them, as you didn't reach the final boss... :)

For example, the enemy is in front of me, then I attack, but it does not give any damage. Does this happen usually? Or is there a limit of attacking?
I'm not sure what happened here as it hasn't yet happened to me. I will fix it if I can find the bug. Can you give me a few more details about the circumstances?

If you'd like, try Bonechiller Burrow, as it is more developed than this map (and my favourite)!
Or perhaps Solen's Sanctuary, as that one is close to a finished product. :)

Thanks for the review!

M

13:25, 18th May 2016
Shadow Fury: Approved based on my review on the campaign. However, this one requires multiple fixes. Work hard on this one.

Level 26
That would be sweet!
However, I think I wanna polish them further first, by recieving more player feedback.
Perhaps when I have like 8 of them finished (or whatever feels like a good amount for a campaign) and they have reached like 1.10 or something, I might ask some local youtube hivers for assistance. :)

Level 26
I will fix that lever bug!
I thought I fixed it before, but I must have forgotten to save or something...

Well, the cinematic might be added as an extra feature in some time, but i won't prioritize it. Thanks for the suggestion though! :)

EDIT:
Fixed the tile puzzle bug. It had something to do with the import of the new character controls. It now works fine.

Level 21
This is without any doubt a very innovative campaign unique in its type! Not only does it require you to use your wits and squeeze your brains to get through the multitude of puzzles but also needs lots of skills to overcome all traps and trounce the boss in every map. The commands are smooth and efficient, nothing wrong with them; they're perfect!

Generally, the boss fights felt exciting, although I have a few remarks about them. After managing to disable the lich's shield, I killed him in a few slashes. Seriously, I just went nearby him, went wild with my hero, died once and then killed him. Easy as pie. What wasn't that simple was killing the corrupted tree. I think I died like 20 times before killing him (I admit, I used cheats to increase my lives to avoid restarting the whole thing over XD). Every second I find myself chased either by voidwalkers or black missiles with the latter being very fatal. Dark Depth's boss fight wasn't up to standards as well. The only ability I could notice was some sort of AoE damage effect when I got too close but nothing else. Of course there were some dummy units attacking me though the overall boss fight was pretty straightforward. Just stun, attack, get back and repeat. That's not what I experienced in level 1, the most epic boss fight among the 4!
I expected some consistency in the difficulty in terms of boss fights but it appeared level 2 was the easiest, followed by level 4, then 1 and finally 3.

Not a lot to say on the visuals if not that they were very pleasing to the eye except in Forest Temple. As JesusHipster said, the stone walls aren't that attractive as they appear to be overstretched. Also, no decorations for a temple? That's a little disappointing I have to say.

Dark Depth appears to be buggy. First of all, I already have the R skill since the beginning. Amn't I supposed to learn it from the magician when I find the code of his vault? In addition, the objective log is wrong. It shows "Solen's Sanctuary" again. The commands don't also show that I have an R skill. Additionally, how come some kobolds attack me in the kobold village? They are supposed to be friendly (they are invulnerable by the way so it was very annoying). This map also has a very boring part: the rooms. What is the fun in shifting from room to room hopelessly to just reach a 0, 0, 0 coordinate? I didn't even know by how much X,Y and Z would change by entering every room; I had to guess that myself. All that made it very dreary and I took ages to finally reach the wanted coordinates.

Also consider the suggestions I dropped to you via VM.

Overall, this campaign is fantastic and I am happy to approve this with a rating of 4/5.

Level 26
I agree with everything you said in the review.
Even though I was aiming for a 5/5 I realize that this campaign can not quite deserve it yet. I think some of the specific maps can deserve that rating, but some of them needs further polishing, especially Dark Depths.

I'm glad to hear another positive confirmation of the commands, as I have put a lot of effort into making them as good as they are now. I'm still searching for improvements, but I can find very few. :)

I have had a lot of trouble balancing the bosses, as from my perspective, it is easy to miss certain factors as I fail to see the situation from a players view. This causes the bosses to be way too hard or too easy, depending on how close the player is to solving the boss "my way". I will look at the things you mentioned above, and I hope more feedback will roll in on the bosses so I can balance them over time.

Yeah, still struggling with the visuals of forest temple. I'm glad to hear that you liked the other ones though, as I am pretty proud (semi-proud of Dark Depths) of what I've created there.

I'll admit that Dark Depths isn't as good as the other ones. I was planning on not releasing it all when someone urged me to do it, so I finished the Boss fight a little half-heratedly and then moved on to work on a new Warden map. Everything you mentioned is not meant to be like you described they were, except for the cave system, that might be a little too tedious and frustrating. However, I will try to learn from this map what not to do, and then improve it as much as I can.

Thanks for the review!

Level 21
I agree with everything you said in the review.
Even though I was aiming for a 5/5 I realize that this campaign can not quite deserve it yet. I think some of the specific maps can deserve that rating, but some of them needs further polishing, especially Dark Depths.

You aren't that far from a 5/5! Just tweak Dark Depths and fix the rest of the issues.

Yeah, still struggling with the visuals of forest temple. I'm glad to hear that you liked the other ones though, as I am pretty proud (semi-proud of Dark Depths) of what I've created there.

Personally, the visuals of Dark Depths were the best, especially the boss fight! So dark and frightening! You should be proud of that terrain the most.

I'll admit that Dark Depths isn't as good as the other ones. I was planning on not releasing it all when someone urged me to do it, so I finished the Boss fight a little half-heratedly and then moved on to work on a new Warden map. Everything you mentioned is not meant to be like you described they were, except for the cave system, that might be a little too tedious and frustrating. However, I will try to learn from this map what not to do, and then improve it as much as I can.

It might not be as good as the other ones but it's still enjoyable to some extent :)

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

This is outstanding!!! Just incredible! I loved it! Plus, the new awesome ability "Rewind" integrated into such wonderful game feels like you are playing Prince of Persia :)

Level 2
Hi~ I've just joined in Hive Workshop.
I am much fascinated by your maps for its brand new way the game is played. I like it very much.
So would you mind if I translate into a Chinese version to introduce to my friends?
By the way, here is one bug I have found while I'm playing it:
-In Bonechiller Burrow v1.19, the lexicon you added is incorrect. It's 'Ta' not 'Ty'.
I rate this 5/5.

Level 26
Welcome to the Hive!

Wow, sure!
Go ahead and translate it! I would be honoured. :)

If you do, I would be glad if you could forward any feedback they might give you, by posting it here or send me a message.

Oh, quite awkward bug. I will fix it as soon as possible.

If you want more, you can check out the campaign aswell. :)
Also, I'd be glad if you make your rating official, by clicking the thumbs up on the main-page. :)

Level 9
Well, this maps are awsome! one of the best single player map i've ever played!! And this show what you can do with wc3 editor. Very nice job man, i really hope to see more maps of the series!! For me is a 5/5 :D and should be higtly recommended ;)

P.S Do you know the Dark Siders games? i think they may inspire you to make more good puzzles and new boss fights....

Level 26
Thanks for that rating! Really appreciate it. :)

I haven't played Dark Siders, but I checked it up briefly on wikipedia, and it seems to be the game I was aiming for this to be! Thanks for the suggestion! I will probably be checking out some let's plays or something. :)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
-if the Warden is not selected only the movement system works, the attack doesn't
-holding alt will reveal the life bars of enemy units; pressing Q or E might get the player out of the level or game (ALT+Q; ALT+E)
-Why not display mana under or over the life numbers?
-the Log (F12) shows up the menu; the Menu button doesn't do anything; the Fs work though, the mouse clicks don't. Actually only the Fs work for all buttons
-saving time increases with time/discovered terrain; biggest annoyance of all
-shouldn't spam with text pertaining the slippery edge
-the slippery slop is very annoying since the selection circle can't be seen all the time and it's hard to figure out if the hero is close or not to the edge
-the blink/dash ability might be stopped (as not work) by being too near to a skeleton's side; when fighting the lich, dodging his hits is important

The concept is really nice. Feels like an arcade game. That's not something easy to do for a Wc III map. We don't have a jump ability yet :)

Level 26
if the Warden is not selected
How did you manage to select a different unit? I disabled that as an initialization trigger... o_O
holding alt will reveal the life bars of enemy units
Yes. This is a standard warcraft feature that I decided to keep. I always play all warcraft games with health bars permanetly active, and I didn't like the look of them being hidden, as it decreased clarity. I cannot fix the "alt+Q" and "alt+W" functions, but unless you are holding alt all the time, it won't be a problem.
Why not display mana under or over the life numbers?
There is an option to turn that on. Go to the character menu, and turn on energy bar to display it. Here are more things like that.
the Log (F12) shows up the menu; the Menu button doesn't do anything; the Fs work though, the mouse clicks don't. Actually only the Fs work for all buttons
I'm not sure what you mean by "F". The other keys are scrambled, and they are meant to be used via hotkeys. Unfortuantely, there are no way to make them all work properly. :/
saving time increases with time/discovered terrain; biggest annoyance of all
This is the case for most warcraft maps I think. I might have a leak somwhere too, but it is strange that only saving time is affected. Iwill see if I can find something to solve this.
shouldn't spam with text pertaining the slippery edge
What do you mean? Is there a repeating text appearing?
the slippery slop is very annoying since the selection circle can't be seen all the time and it's hard to figure out if the hero is close or not to the edge
I think you can se where your hero are anyway? A selection circle would do little difference, as it would be centered at the hero anyway.
the blink/dash ability might be stopped (as not work) by being too near to a skeleton's side; when fighting the lich, dodging his hits is important
Can you elaborate? If the lichs shield is up, he cannot (and aren't meant to) be stunned, if that is what you mean?
We don't have a jump ability yet
It is coming! :)
This specific map won't have it, but future maps in the series will.

There will be a hookshot ability, to drag you to objects or objects to you.
Rewind exist already in Dark Depths, which is kind of a blink ability
There might be a modification of Dash later on aswell, not sure If I like that concept or not yet. :)

The concept is really nice. Feels like an arcade game. That's not something easy to do for a Wc III map.
Thank you! That is what I wanted to achieve, and no, it has not been easy, but has been fun and feedback like this make it worth the trouble. :)

Thanks for your thoughts!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
How did you manage to select a different unit? I disabled that as an initialization trigger... o_O
I don't know, just did it. Also the Warden can be unselected.

What do you mean? Is there a repeating text appearing?
Every time the Warden enters the region near the ramp that text appears. It may become spam if the Warden moves in that place. Basically a step can trigger the message again. Further steps will do the same leading to the appearance of about 3-5 times of that text.

Can you elaborate? If the lichs shield is up, he cannot (and aren't meant to) be stunned, if that is what you mean?
Dash won't work if the Warden is just near a unit's side. She will just run into/be blocked by that unit. I know this is not something easy to modify.
See the attached picture below.

There will be a hookshot ability, to drag you to objects or objects to you.
That's what I was thinking of when seeing the distance between the first rock path and barrel of explosives in Dark Depths.

Attachments

• dashWarden.png
    dashWarden.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 121
Level 26
I don't know, just did it. Also the Warden can be unselected.
Well, I was unable to, but I'll check it out again! :)
Every time the Warden enters the region near the ramp that text appears. It may become spam if the Warden moves in that place. Basically a step can trigger the message again. Further steps will do the same leading to the appearance of about 3-5 times of that text.
Ah, thank you! I will fix this soon. :)
Dash won't work if the Warden is just near a unit's side. She will just run into/be blocked by that unit. I know this is not something easy to modify.
See the attached picture below.
Ah, now I see!
Well, actually that is really easy to fix, as that is how it was initially when I created this system. I added (with a lot of hard work) a collision box so that you wouldn't be able to go through all enemies, obstacles and even cliffs (or glitch towards a random irection when you did).

However, I will keep my collision system, but I think this is just a matter of the skeleton hitbox being a little bit to large.
EDIT: I tried it aswell, but the collision hitbox of hte skeletons weren't that big, and I didn't encounter the same problems as you did... I'll look into it.
That's what I was thinking of when seeing the distance between the first rock path and barrel of explosives in Dark Depths.
It could be used in a situation like that yeah, but in Dark Depths you can manage it anyway with the Rewind ability.

Thanks for your helpful answers! :)