• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warden #42

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Hosted Project Forum

warden-glow-2-gif.277539
warden-title-png.169522
Warden is a single player campaign with unique boss fights, puzzles and gameplay, inspired by Zelda.
ruler-2-png.249639

-Main Features-
267_1.png
Arrowkey Movement
A very polished system for arrowkey movement has been created for this project. The player can also use
the cursor for movement, if that is preferred.
101_1.png
Intriguing Story
Canon to the warcraft lore, the story-telling in the campaign overmaps covers holes in warcrafts own lore,
such as how Felwood was before its corruption, or how Maievs prison where she held Illidan came to be.
98_1.png
Puzzles, Obstacles and Boss Fights
You will encounter a great deal of puzzles that requires some brains to solve, and obstacles where speed and
timing is key. Boss fights, which are fairly common, often requires you to those previous qualities together!
293_1.png
Cool Combat
Most enemies have a trick or two up their sleeves, so you have to dodge, dance around and pick your
moments to strike in a fight rather than just right-click them and hope for the best.

-Screenshots-

Leave a comment and rating if you like it! :)

counterwardenthread-png.269474
Contents

-Warden- 42 (Campaign)

Reviews
StoPCampinGn00b
After over a year of updates, Warden has risen to be one of the most unique and high quality campaign out there. Hack n' slash + puzzles + a new story is a recipe for success. Moderator rating bumped from 4/5 to 5/5.
Level 2
Another map? I don't quite understand. If you downlaod the Campaign there are 5 maps right there. :)

5 more in the making btw!
Two maps are 90% done
Two 40% Done
One 5% Done
Well! My problem is that when I click on one of the maps(Solen's Sanctuary), I get redirected back to the campaign.:(

Level 2
Alrighty, I played through the Campaign or atleast what I think the campaign is so far. I got till the end of the Forest Temple, stepped through the Portal and then got booted into the Main Menu, so I'll assume it's not a bug on my side but seeing as you're still working on more maps it means that it's what I get so far.

The terrain work is gorgeous. I've been running around Starglade for about 3 hours (total when I wasn't trying to make progress in the dungeons) and I was astonished about quite a few details, like that huge tree in the middle of the map you can walk under. It's minor stuff like this that give your maps a special vibe.

The Puzzles and challenges were nifty. I liked them a lot, especially the one in Solen's Dungeon, really great work you put in it!
As was the story!
Though I really fear that we might become the villain after we snatched the Soul Gem from the Druids. Guess it's the sacrifice people give if they're in love, even though I feel that it became a bit too unrational

The Gameplay mechanic with the Arrow Key Movement might take about 5 minutes to get into but after that it was a smooth thing to keep going. It might aswell be a standalone game and it'd be a great one at that!

But one thing I noticed: In the Tutorial Level, when you explain that by pressing the "X" button and then "Q" to get a power bar under your health bar pressing "X" did nothing. No variation of it, even tried Shift X-ing and went through all keys on my keyboard - none did the trick. I don't know what went wrong but if it's something I did wrong - sorry. Otherwise there's something to check for you!

I really can't wait for the rest of the map, it sure is one of the most promising campaigns I've played for months! I'll try to keep track of your progress, checking in every couple day but I'd like to get a final confirmation, as I was wondering why you got a Walkthrough for the remaining Dungeons that I didn't get to see yet - Did the Campaign screw up in some way and didn't port me into a 2nd level in which case I'd like to ask how I can unlock it or can I remain calm and just need to be patient for you to make some progress?

Other than that - any plans for further version release dates with maps and all that? Not that I'm pushing, rather curious, and do you have a "Progress" Thread where you post all your... well... progress? I'd like to follow you for this campaign for the time being.

I wish you some neat fortune, take care of yourself and Farewell! Cheers!

Level 26
Thanks a lot for your comment and encouragement!
Stuff like this is what keeps me going. :D

I'm currently working on chapter 2, where Tropic Tomb will be included, along with two new maps that I have not finished yet, plus a big overmap like Starglade.
The reason to why Dark Depths and Tropic TOmb aren't available is becuase they are severely outdated. I have changed loads of features to make the map smoother an leakless, and wasn't ale to keep those two up to date. Therefore, they will be released along with future chapters. Tropic tomb in chapter 2, and Dark Depths in chapter 3.
The progress for chapter 2 is slow, but I'm getting there. THe concepts and terrain for all levels are almost ready. I need to make some trigger updates, and a bunch of specific map features before tehy can be released.

I'll fix the things in the tutorial level asap. I will probably upload a new version tomorrow or so, since I have made a bunch of updates for Bonechiller Burrow and Solen's Sanctuary too.

I'm glad you liked the puzzles and such! That's what I have most fun creating, and that's also what I'm trying to focus the gameplay on. :)

The terrain for starglade is ok, I think. It could be made made better, and might get an update soon. The areas like teh big tree won't change though, as it looks pretty good. The next overmap is gonna be really cool I think though... :D

And yup. No bug when the campaign kicked you out after enetering the portal. It was only me bieng sloppy, and not adding a proper victory message, or some game mesage telling you that more is coming.

Would you mind clicking the stars to rate it aswell? :)

Level 2
Seeing as you're asking so politely I might aswell! YOU GET ZERO STARS! Naah, just kidding. Of course 5/5 all the way - huge loads of potential in it and I'm glad to see that you try to make the best out of it.
So I take it as that this thread is the only one I can watch your progress on the map on? Just making sure. Then I'll just keep the tab open at all times, check in regularly on Version Numbers and maybe chit chat a bit on the comment section. A campaign like this deserves supporting. Any Campaign where the creator is putting heart in is worth it and I consider yours being one of them :)

Can't wait to see what you have in mind with the Campaign Map Overhaul, sounds promising :p

Also - one thing I forgot to mention on my previous comment - screw you, buddy! Not literally but I mentioned being in Starglade for about 3 hours when I wasn't raiding dungeons and I kept spending my time looking for those spots the Messenger wants you to find. I managed to find the big rock in the small glade and even that one was a tricky one, because I think our opinions on "glade" differ a bit, I thought it would be a small enterable place where the rock will stand :p Didn't manage to find the hidden obelisk and the treeline though. I saw one comment of you describing where the tree line is but for now, I'll just try to keep it in mind for now and do the whole mission later, when the map has made further progress. And I hope you didn't take the 'screw you' too literally, just some shenanigans :D

Cheers and hope you keep up the dedication! :)

Level 13
I just finished a playthrough past the Forest Temple. I could not continue due to this:
  • I was unable to continue through the portal since at that point, the game froze. It just went to the campaign selection screen.

Terrain:
+ Right off the bat, terrain is excellent. I myself aspire to aesthetics of this quality.
There is no empty space, everything is purpose-built, and it works just right for the theme of the story.

Story:
+ I like the way the story is delivered through a black screen and the "Esc" key.
There are some twists and turns even as far as I played. It's very engaging, and also kind of deep.
+/- As an English teacher, I found numerous grammar and spelling errors throughout the dialogue.
I made note of most of it in the prologue, but stopped keeping track of it since it's basically just nitpicking and I can understand it anyways.
I could help you with corrections if you really wanted to.

Gameplay:
+ I never knew arrow key movement this smooth was possible in Warcraft 3.
+ Nice action-based gameplay, you have to think what you do in combat: observe the enemy, then attack.
+ The puzzles are amazing, and really fits with the Legend of Zelda theme you put into your design.
I remember that one puzzle in the forest temple where you mixed up the movement keys. You. Bastard.
+ Oh, that music. I dumped many hours into Ocarina of Time.
+ The right amount of challenge at most parts, and with a "master" challenge mode for hard-core action gamers.

+/- I was wondering, would it be possible to give the dash an energy cost instead of a hidden cooldown? It is difficult to tell when you can dash. It may balance things if you make, for example, the stun cost 75 energy and the dash cost 25 energy.

- The controls can be unresponsive, especially when spamming. I understand this is necessary for balance, but it
can get frustrating sometimes when you want to dash to something and attack it, or when you can't turn in the right direction fast enough.
- Are there no "R" abilities yet? Combat options are limited to hit and run tactics to figure out what an enemy does and when to attack.
- There are a few parts that were extremely difficult or tedious mostly due to the design of the encounter.
For example:
  • In Bonechiller Burrow, for the puzzle with the wind blowing, I was sometimes clearly on the path but still got impaled to death. That wind made it a bit too difficult with that pathing.
  • The one Guardian miniboss in the Forest Temple that looks like Malfurion was just a wee bit unfair with his teleport and Carrion Swarm. I often got 2-shot from him and ended up losing most of my lives in that one encounter. I recommend slowing down the projectile speed of that Carrion Swarm.

Bugs:
I found a couple things, and I am not sure if its intentional:
  • In the tutorial, it tells you to press "X" to open the stats menu, when it is actually "Z". I spent a minute there figuring that out.
  • I noticed that after Solen's Sanctuary, whenever I returned to Starglade after a dungeon it would reset my maximum health. For example, I left Bonechiller Burrow with 200hp and returned to Starglade with 160hp. Same with the Forest Temple. This may have something to do with me loading in from a saved game.
Overall, 5/5, hands down. This is a fun, quality action-adventure mod with RPG elements reminiscent of the Legend of Zelda series.
It has potential for a lot of replay value between the master mode and a possible scoring system,
and perhaps a timer for level completion.

Last edited:
Level 26
@Ruff
Thanks, that's really kind of you. :)
I really appreciate the support.
So I take it as that this thread is the only one I can watch your progress on the map on? Just making sure.
Nope. You can also visit the forum here. :)

Screw me indeed. That quest is not very well executed yet. I like taht you should go around looking for stuff, but they might be a bit too hard at times, and the reward for it is really sucky. It will be better with my future update with soulstones though. :)

@Wark
I could help you with corrections if you really wanted to.
I'd love that! :)
I have a few WIP pieces too that you could check if you want?

Dash costing energy will probably not happen, since then you can use 4 dashes in a row. Additionally, I'd like the player to be able to dash in and stun right after. I agree that the hidden cooldown is bad though. Maybe it will just always be 1 second cooldown, without charges. More ideas are welcome! :)

The controls can be unresponsive, especially when spamming. I understand this is necessary for balance, but it
can get frustrating sometimes when you want to dash to something and attack it, or when you can't turn in the right direction fast enough.
This is a fine balance, but I might reduce the backswing on the attack slightly, so you can get moving faster after it.
- Are there no "R" abilities yet? Combat options are limited to hit and run tactics to figure out what an enemy does and when to attack.
They will come in later chapters. You will start recieving them in the first submap of chapter 2. Hopefully, the combat can be interesting enough until then.
  • In Bonechiller Burrow, for the puzzle with the wind blowing, I was sometimes clearly on the path but still got impaled to death. That wind made it a bit too difficult with that pathing.
  • The one Guardian miniboss in the Forest Temple that looks like Malfurion was just a wee bit unfair with his teleport and Carrion Swarm. I often got 2-shot from him and ended up losing most of my lives in that one encounter. I recommend slowing down the projectile speed of that Carrion Swarm.
Both of those shall be modified.
Many have told me the issue about the slippery edge. I will remake it with regions instad of my previous method, and see if it becomes better.
I will reduce the projectile speed slightly, giving the player only a little more response time.
  • In the tutorial, it tells you to press "X" to open the stats menu, when it is actually "Z". I spent a minute there figuring that out.
  • I noticed that after Solen's Sanctuary, whenever I returned to Starglade after a dungeon it would reset my maximum health. For example, I left Bonechiller Burrow with 200hp and returned to Starglade with 160hp. Same with the Forest Temple. This may have something to do with me loading in from a saved game.
Added to my list of fixes.

Thanks for the review! Really helpful stuff. :)

@Ruff and @Wark, your opinion on this, if you can spare the time? :)
When you play a submap, you can pick up those stat boosters, increasing Health, Damage, Regeneration and Damage Multiplier, and then when you clear the map you keep those as you return to Starglade.
Would it be bad if I removed that feature?
I wanna call those bonuses "blessings" and make them local, and apply only on the map they were picked up on. However, when you finish a submap, you will be rewarded by a permenent "blessing", such as +50 health or something like that. This will make the levels much more balanced, since there won't be sucha difference between player who pick all the powerups up, and players who doesn't pick anything up.

Level 2
Sounds like a neat work around, if you ask me. I always enjoy exploring all maps the creator designs just to see if and what he hid in special corners - as did I with Warden. I still might have missed out on a couple stuff but I generally can understand that people might also be more of a rushing person, only doing a sidequest or exploration if needed or if the opportunity arrives instead of trying to do 100% runs.

So if you would make them blessings and make an overall stat boost for when they finish the submap it sounds balanced enough. As you said - people who don't do exploration as much as others won't get a disadvantage that way. So go right away, I'd say. Dunno what Wark's opinion on that matter is :p Let's hope he replies aswell

EDIT: One thing I remember from playing your campaign is when you arrive at the village for, I think the first time it was, and talk to Felore she says something about giving you a spell because even though Night Elves despise magic, in the worst case (as with the situation to eventually have to go to Outland) she should take something with her. I never worked around what Felore meant in that dialogue box. Next to her was a floating Eye of Sargeras so I assumed that it was supposed to be a spell of some sorts that you should be able to pick up but I never was able to do that. Neither at first after the dialogue, nor after every submap when I tried Q-ing, Right Clicking and all that. Was that a bug or did I get an ability boost during the dialogue scene and all there's missing is a message notification of informing me about it?

EDIT 2:
For example:
True - the wind, together with the input delay where if you want to go left you sometimes have to press the button for about half to a full second for it to comply resulted in me getting frustrated in the Bonechiller Burrow Puzzle. It took me about 20 minutes to get past this puzzle and to the border of frustration, though it mostly was (atleast I feel like it was) my sloppy mistakes. The input delay I also especially noticed in the forest temple with the maze where you kept screwing with the camera to add an extra challenge. Fair enough that I had to remind myself every 3 seconds which key was up now after the angle changed but also I had to sometimes press one arrow key 4 times to make the Warden move. Nothing you can fix, I think it's basic WarCraft 3 delay. Otherwise just check your code if it might actually be fixable. Not that it killed me on many occasions, if anything only on that wind maze.

The Guardian Miniboss mentioned by Wark though I wouldn't say needs a fix. I worked out a rather easy tactic for him: He always shoots 3 projectiles in a straight line, no tracking ones so just stay at close range from him and keep circling him till he made his attack move. Run in, make an attack and immediately dash to the side - the dash is sufficient to get out of the Carrion Swarm range. After that it's just simple repeating the same steps till you grind him down - so all in all 5 times the same thing.
What DID happen though to me was that he sometimes casted the Carrion Swarm BEFORE he teleported as in the exact same frame, resulting in me dying. So it also took me about a fifth try to get that boss down. So if anything I say he is pretty balanced if you know the work-around, maybe all you need to do is put a 0.1 second global delay to his spells so that when he casts the Blink he can't immediately cast Carrion Swarm.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Level 13
I wanna call those bonuses "blessings" and make them local, and apply only on the map they were picked up on.

I imagine it would be much easier to code that in. It will still give the player a feeling of progression, and would make for some interesting controlled mob scaling.
As for the grammar, do you have a script for that?

Level 26
Thanks for your opinions guys!

Felore is talking about creating the portal, when she mentions the spell. Perhaps I should make this more clear. I'll see if I can update the text. :)
What DID happen though to me was that he sometimes casted the Carrion Swarm BEFORE he teleported as in the exact same frame, resulting in me dying.
Interesting! I will fix this.
but also I had to sometimes press one arrow key 4 times to make the Warden move.
Was this because you just held the arrowkey a really short duration? Like almost only clicked it?
I do have an update for the movement in Forest Temple to make, but it affects minor leaks only, not smoothness.

Wark, here's a link to where I started on the story for chapter 2. Contains major spoilers!
Check the piece that has "Dialogue" as a title.
Here's also most of the conversations for chapter 1: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/pastebin/c0f4eb1fc316c8eafcc2175acd827d039050/

Level 2
Yep, it was in the Forest Dungeon where I had to narrowly navigate to not run off the opposite ledge, so I basically just clicked the movement key and heard the 'clicking' sound of I guess the spell to make the warden move, whilst she wasn't moving unless pressed for a longer timeframe.

Level 26
There's no spell making her move when clicking the movement keys. There is an event option in the trigger editor to do something "when an arrowkey is pressed": that's what I'm using. I wonder what that clicking noise came from...
But yeah, since Warcraft arrowkeys are not superresponsive, there's no real fix for that. :/

However, you can also use the cursor to click your way forward.
It has no delay, but it does not give the same feeling that I intended the game to have.

Level 2
Yeah I tried right-clicking a bunch but it was already past the point when I already got used to the arrow key movement, so I prefered it anyway :D Nothing you need to fix necessarily, just something I wanted to throw out there. Also might be that I just envision a clicking noise in hindsight because I'm used to other maps having the movement keys as spells, so don't take my word on that.

Level 2
The Druids cave? I remember at first not even checking I entered it because I was, as always, trying to look for that treeline and the hidden obelisk :p Only after the first druid catched me I noticed me being in there.
Running past them resulted fairly easy - a basic E Stun and Dash away from them was enough. In between the first and second druid was a sleeping chamber of some sorts (might have been a storage area aswell, I don't recall in hindsight) so even when the first druid was chasing you after the stun, running into that small 'glade' was enough to get him to reset and run back. Also it was the trigger for the second druid to run towards you and enough time to get your energy back for a second stun. I remember I ran into the dead end and had to serpentine my way around the 2nd druid that was chasing me. All in all I maybe got snatched about 5 times, most of those were at the beginning and one time where both druids charged at me and my stun sadly only hit one of them :p But that's all personal mistakes. The bossfight in itself was fairly easy aswell - Stun him, clash him some, if he starts glowing then back away for a bit and then clash some more. The 2nd Phase of the fight on the other hand was a bit more tricky because of the two bears chasing me aswell as the druid. But I think I didn't die once to him so - great puzzle! But also the turning point for me in the story where I was just rambling that we've gone too far and that it's just not worth it saving one guy for the cost of multiple... maybe thousands of animal spirits and even killing your own brethren.

It's nice though because it shows that your story managed to soak me up beforehand so I could give a shit about plot twists :p

Also - was that Prerelease link an offer to become a beta tester? If so then I'd gladly accept :p

Level 2
Those pics look great so far, Rufus.
Are there really gonna be 6 different ways to explore on the Outland Overmap (first picture) and are all routes gonna be in the same map or are you gonna divide them by different maps with a zone for each way?

Level 14
A review for Warden #36, as per The Grand Review Exchange!

I've previously written a review for Bonechiller Burrow and Solen's Sanctuary when they were lone-standing maps, but I think I'll take the time to write up an updated review of the Warden Campaign now that it has become a campaign with a progressing storyline.

Before continuing, I need to point this out: Warden is not yet finished. I can only comment on the version that I played (Warden #36). As such, there are parts missing or incomplete, and it is likely that Rufus will still be refining and adding things to it. Some of my criticisms as this point will likely not be relevant later.

The fundamental thing that makes Warden special is its control scheme. The style of game requires the player to move the Warden with precision and care, and the control scheme actually allows for that. I never felt that any navigation error was the fault of the controls. It's an innovative and technically impressive achievement.

The control scheme feeds directly into the gameplay, which is completely and refreshingly different from vanilla Warcraft III. Warden's challenges mostly involve puzzles, navigating tricky obstacles, and some fighting. I'll address these three in turn.

The puzzles for the most part are tried-and-true types, like tile sliding puzzles, lever puzzles and the like. They are tough enough to require some time and/or thought, though to be honest I mostly just solved the tougher ones through trial and error (as I'm notoriously bad at these sort of puzzles). In at least one case there's a tougher version of a puzzle after you complete it for the first time - I think this one must be for really dedicated players as I sorely doubt I could complete it - but wisely this is optional. There are some other more original puzzles scattered here and there as well, but none of them are particularly difficult to figure out.

The navigation challenges are some of the most fun, which is a positive reflection on the quality of the control scheme. These challenges include dodging moving projectiles, avoiding patrolling guards, and moving across narrow bridges while winds threaten to push you off the edge. The hitboxes involved in all these challenges seem very accurate and fair, and I felt a lot of effort went into making sure they turned out right.

Combat is perhaps the weakest area for the game. There are really just three techniques usable in combat: attack, dash and stun. There are only so many combinations you can use these in. Unlike the navigation, combat occasionally feels just a little bit off in terms of responsiveness - though the visual feedback is good in indicating if something is getting hit or not, in general it feels a bit less 'immediate' and a bit more clunky than it should. Battles against normal mooks are rarely exciting. Against bosses the battles become more interesting, with some using the combat arena to interesting effect. That said, it's usually just a matter of dodging attacks and studying patterns until the enemy leaves an opening, then going for a few hits and repeating. It's also possible to cheese some of the battles, which I'm not sure is intentional.

The game's regenerating health system - which can be boosted by pickups - is overall ok. It prevents players getting stuck and the amount of health you get is generally fair. The main problem with it is that it is possible to make mistakes but still return to full health at the cost of just sitting around and waiting for the health to come back, which is a very boring but reliable strategy. While not every challenge allows this, many of them do. I avoided exploiting this during my playthrough, but it can be tempting at times. Overall difficulty is reasonable - it is recommended to save regularly, but for the most part there are only a few tough spots (typically boss fights) that require a few tries to get right. That said, the difficulty of the campaign is a bit uneven, with some early parts harder than later ones.

Terrain is excellent overall, though the "Forest Temple" (which is also the last area I was able to test before the game ends) is noticeably weaker than the rest. For the most part however the terrain is imaginative and immersive - I felt "Bonechiller Burrow" was the best of the lot.

The UI is custom and while it's minimalist, it is an excellent choice, creating a much more immersive experience. I do wish it would display the number of available 'dashes' though.

While previous versions did not have a plot, the campaign does now have one to tie the action together. The overall storyline does a good job of framing the action, giving our protagonist a reason to do what she does, and is interesting enough to give the player a reason to want to see it through. It is important to note however that as it is not complete - the game cannot yet be 'finished' and there is no resolution. There are also some pretty rough patches in the plot, with certain things not fitting into chronological order. This will likely be cleaned up in time but it's a problem at the moment.

The writing quality however is uneven. There are some awkwardly written scenes and a number of grammatical errors, and the tone feels a bit inconsistent at times. The tone may be a stylistic choice but the grammar definitely still needs to be worked on.

While I did not run into any major bugs in my playthrough, there are still some niggling errors, largely due to how the Warden maps/campaign have changed over time. The tutorial is not entirely correct (it lists the button for bringing up the Warden's character sheet incorrectly) and it makes reference to pickups that give you more 'lives', when the current campaign map actually no longer includes those (except at one point during Bonechiller Burrow just before the boss fight, which I suspect was missed by accident). Instead a new revive system has replaced it that gives a limited number of lives for each quest, as well as a 'par' to shoot for. I'm not sure how I feel about that system - getting additional 'lives' used to be a cool reward you could get during the individual maps, but now that's gone. In a way it also feels extraneous because you can always reload the game.

There was also a very annoying sidequest in the first area that required searching for hard-to-spot locations/landmarks. While I think the attempt is admirable, it essentially boiled down to a pixel hunt that didn't really require much in the way of thought and mostly just long periods of running around a huge area looking for annoyingly hard-to-spot things. To top it off, the final reward was bugged and would let you get the quest reward as many times as you wanted (thus heavily unbalancing the game if you did so). I believe Rufus may have removed/be reworking this quest at present though.

Overall:
Warden is an excellent work-in-progress and I very strongly recommend it to everyone, since it's so refreshingly different. A ton of polish and effort has gone into the game mechanics and terrain, and it shows. Unfortunately it still has a number of rough edges, which make me think it's more of a high 4/5 or low 5/5. However, seeing how much work continues to go into it, I have little doubt that once it's complete, it'll easily rate a full 5/5 - which is also the rating I'll go for for now

Level 3
1. I like the background music.
2. The starting and the lore was very short but complex and smart. I love how you said "suddenly fell into an abyss below".
3. The game is challenging.
4. The terrain and scenery looks absolutely amazing - you made it look stunning with very little.

5/5 :D

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
I am happy to see this become one of Hive's top projects in about 1 year. Dedication and hard work on a project always pays off.

I wish I had more time to try more of this project (and that speaks a lot, since I am not fond of single player maps in general) but I am incredibly busy lately. I will however do that at some point in the near future, because I am really impressed by what I am seeing from the screenshots and from what I've seen in the past from Bonechiller's Burrow.

Keep on doing what you do. :)

Level 26
Nope. Mainly some maintenace stuff. :)
There are however two bonus maps available in this version now: Tropic Tomb and Dark Depths. They are however not completely up to date with other upgrades to the project, but playable to the end anyway. They won't be updated till the campaign is complete though (which will take a while still), so you could play those now if you want. :)

Level 26
Hard to do. I'd say 100%, with room for improvements.

^ To explain that:
The current missions of the campaign are all "done" in a sense that they are playable to the end, and uses the latest mechanics that all other levels in the campaign uses.
The bonus maps were "done" like 6 or 7 patches ago, meaning that they are fully playable, but not as smooth and polished as the other maps. :)

I asked the administration to slightly increase the maximum Rating for this project.
2996bc404717.png
2996bc404717.png

Deservedly.
Haha :D
Actual lol.

Level 2
I asked the administration to slightly increase the maximum Rating for this project.
2996bc404717.png
2996bc404717.png

Deservedly.
Lol XD

@Ruffus I think it's time for you to take Blizzard's example and add the donat system to the project :D
Boosters, skins and so on :) (J.o.k.e)

Level 26
That's odd!
I just tested the latest version myself, and there was no issue for me.

The dash charges has some cooldown. Have you waited a longer time (4 seconds) before trying to double dash?
Maybe you are clicking it too fast, so that the two dash buffs overrides each other, making it look like one?

The dash will be changed pretty soon, actually. Double dash will be removed, and will replaced with another thingy.

One more thing you can do for troubleshooting, is using the cheat "thereisnospoon". This will grant you unlimited dash charges, so then you can try spamming W to see if it still doesn't do double dashes. You should know that double dash is not used a lot in the campaign, so you can just cheat your way past those few areas if you wish. I assume you are stuck at the switch gate in the introduction mission now?

Level 2
Thanks for reply.

Yes I stuck that gate part of the tutorial. And also I waited more than 4 to 5 seconds to use the Double Dashing but it didnt work.
After I posted my first reply, I skipped the tutorial and kept playing. In my experience, Double Dashing is only worked after I pressed Q several times.

Level 2
Right now I'm in progress to finish this game. I didn't complete the entire missions yet so some people will think my review is quite a bit early, but here's my opinions;

1. Warden's Slow Movement
- It's really funny to take a time and solve the puzzles, but her ms is way too slow to move up to the next points. Without any of offenses, for me, this is a major problem why the game keeps slowing down and I feel boring while I've been playing the game.

2. No Various Weapons
- I really hoped Warden would get any kinds of other weapons such as grappling hook, poison daggers, booby traps, glaves etc. because it's way more fun and fast how to kill the enemies. And also it could be safety without cheep deaths.

3. Environments

WC3ScrnShot_070717_002124_01.jpg

- Most of Environments are great. (Especially winter stage. I love it lol) But in this part, a road is blended with grass terrain. It was really hard to figure it out at the first time and find a way to go to the next misson. It would be great if the terrains were more than clear.

Last edited:
Level 1
I killed Solan (the first demon boss?) and when I got ported back to the starting zone my warden was very buggy. My movement was slowed to the same pace as when you're attacking, and I couldn't interact with anything, could'nt attack nor cast the stun spell. I'm assuming dying might fix this, but not sure if there's a way to do that in the starting zone.

A bit frustrating since I finished the master mode puzzle, can't say I really feel like doing that again.

Level 26
@ModernWizard
Hmm, you uare the first one to point out her Movement speed. I can understand that, but there are several issues with making her faster.
Where did you feel like she was too slow? In Starglade? In that case that will be solved pretty soon: I had an idea to put in speed runes in multiple places of the glade, for faster navigation. :)

There are no additional weapons, no... Yet!
Next part will feature two new abilities, and I think I will add maybe one or two to this first level at a later time. I have been thinking of it for a long time.

Glad you liked Bonechiller Burrow's terrain! that is my favourite one too. :D
I'll try to make the road a bit clearer. I'm considering adding lanterns along it. Starglade might recieve a small visual upgrade overall soon, since another map will be based on it.

Thanks for the feedback!

@Kriole
That does sound strange indeed! Anything else you spotted that was wrong? Any idea what you might have done to make that happen?

Sorry it happened, although, I can help you out here though.
If you restart the campaign, and go to Solen's Sanctuary again, you can enter "damn puzzle" as a chat message, and you will skip the level, gaining all bonuses from it. :)

Congrats on solving the puzzle! :D