• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft soccer v1.8b

Reactions: yeyoxcore
Warcraft Soccer

Hello! :thumbs_up:
My new map is coming here! Check it out, comment, getting new ideas, rating!

Author nick: datnessX
Forum nick: Assasinater

An Multi player map for 10 players.

Map is a very realistic soccer focused on player and team skill.
Soccer Ball using physics and speed systems.
Every Player has few skills to control ball.

Game is playing 15 minutes, then players can change gametime as a vote.

Every spell hasn't mana requirement and some of them has cooldown.
:fp:Linear kick:
Player kick ball to target area linearly.

:fp:Balistic kick:
Player kick ball to target area balisticly.

:fp:Jump:
Player jumps using physics too.

:fp:Run/sprint:
Player changes between Run and Sprint using his mana as stamina.
If player has his mana 0, he cant Sprint, just only Run, then his mana is refreshing slowly.
If player standing, his mana is refreshing faster.

:fp:Ball drop:
-player can make special trick, jump over ball and drop the ball.

:fp:Knockback:
-Player slide on grass, push everybody in his way and knockback him (he will lose ball if have it).

Version 1.6c
-Four new spells
-New hero models
-New terrain types
-New ball model
-Changed terrain
-Removed save/load
-Balanced system

Version 1.6d
-Balanced some systems
-Fixed bugs
-added special effects
-added map preview
-added some sounds
-faster ball and heroes

Version 1.7
-changed model selection system
-changed terrain types and height of map
-added -camera and -dist functions
-changed physics behavior of ball
-added hints
-balanced some little things

Version 1.7c
-changed agility to vitality
-changed camera
-added name text
-balanced some things

Version 1.8
-a little gameplay changes
-small terrain upgrades
-added 2 new abilities (ball drop, knockback)
-removed player model sellect (now its only Peasants vs Peons)
-removed terrain select (only standart)
-added player dresses (orange and yellow) :)
-some ball changes
-some camera changes
-removed level gain and attribute upgrade
-removed buyable abilities

63736001.jpg

65581403.jpg

84029687.jpg

58760614.jpg

72214311.jpg

Keywords:
foot, ball, football, warcraft, warcraft 3, fun, super, mega, w3, w3x, physics, system, omg, lol, wtf, rofl, lmao, spells, spell, atributes, atribute,

Videos:
Match one

Match two
Contents

Warcraft soccer v1.8b (Map)

Reviews
18:47, 9th Aug 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Atmosphere - 2/5 - Poor choices of terrain. Poor terrain in general. You could've added weather effects, less mundane doodads etc. Also, you should design a system so the player can see the terrain in the beginning, instead of just blacking out.
Icons were bland and uninspired. The map was as well in general. You didn't put much effort in the presentation of this map.
What're the 'Unholy Aura' things in front of the goalposts?
Gameplay - 2/5 - Unoriginal. There's a soccer map already on the Hive.
AI players would be nice, but not really mandatory.
Game was quite dull. I liked how you added some RPG features (eg. the unit stats and the buyable spells), however, you have plenty of room for other elements (eg. you could have items sold too).
And you could always add more things to spice it up (eg. special events, game modes, etc.).
Fun - 3/5 - Mildly entertaining. Could be alright in full house.
But the lack of any spectacular gameplay features ruins the fun.
Unable to be played in single-player.
Storyline - N/A - Not story-driven.
Overall - 7/15 - 2.3/5 - [2/5] - Improve the feel of the map. Add something fancy to the map. Brainstorm some ideas and shit. Right now, it is pretty empty. I am open to give you some suggestions of improvement if you'd like.

Technical - Nice description. Haven't found any bugs. In the 20 seconds of pitch black, you can see some floating text, but that's a minor issue.

Last edited:
Level 15
Atmosphere - 2/5 - Poor choices of terrain. Poor terrain in general. You could've added weather effects, less mundane doodads etc. Also, you should design a system so the player can see the terrain in the beginning, instead of just blacking out.
Icons were bland and uninspired. The map was as well in general. You didn't put much effort in the presentation of this map.
What're the 'Unholy Aura' things in front of the goalposts?
Gameplay - 2/5 - Unoriginal. There's a soccer map already on the Hive.
AI players would be nice, but not really mandatory.
Game was quite dull. I liked how you added some RPG features (eg. the unit stats and the buyable spells), however, you have plenty of room for other elements (eg. you could have items sold too).
And you could always add more things to spice it up (eg. special events, game modes, etc.).
Fun - 3/5 - Mildly entertaining. Could be alright in full house.
But the lack of any spectacular gameplay features ruins the fun.
Unable to be played in single-player.
Storyline - N/A - Not story-driven.
Overall - 7/15 - 2.3/5 - [2/5] - Improve the feel of the map. Add something fancy to the map. Brainstorm some ideas and shit. Right now, it is pretty empty. I am open to give you some suggestions of improvement if you'd like.

Technical - Nice description. Haven't found any bugs. In the 20 seconds of pitch black, you can see some floating text, but that's a minor issue.

Thanks for rating.
Yes i like to see some suggestions of improvement :)

Level 5
I believe it is simple ... remove the hex , impale skills from the shop and add abilities with psihics or ... abilities wich will upgrade the ones you have from the beggining on the character ... more psichics... more fun ... and so on :) sorry for my english if i did some mistakes it is not my aboriginal languace so ... anyway those are my idea of improvement :)

Level 1
maybe some special moves would be better then these natural spells.

Things like a special kick, foul.

And i am missing a real Pass like in Worldcup of Warcraft.

Level 5
ok, the map looks good, i might host it on battle net, still, mayby a screene that your datness?

Level 9
What can i say, this map is awesome. Well made, no bugs, funny, cooperative, full of action.

Sincerely i don't even like soccer/football *laughs*. But this map is worth playing, better made than most other football maps i have seen.

Though... you could try to add more spells and fix some of them...

-The windwalk has no use because you still see the player's name above him, even if he is invisible.
-The hex also doesn't work properly... it still allows the player to carry the ball and it has the same speed, basically can't do much (probably just makes him unable to shoot but... that's why silence was made, i think)

Level 13
Bugs/Suggestions:
- No goal for running into the goal with the ball
- You can block jumping players with Knockback
- Reset cooldowns at new rounds
- Pan the camera faster.. it's annoying if you want to walk forwards
- Make sprint last shorter when you have the ball
- Having to aim where to shoot is annoying + there are too many hotkeys imo.
How about you make players shoot with a double-right-click or something. (and make a jump/shoot combo to replace the other shooting spell)