• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft Reforged (Classic GFX) Minimal UI (like HD GFX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, Is there anyway to get Minimal UI (centered) of HD GFX in Classic GFX ? Like the screenshot of back2warcraft video below :

Attachments

• Smushed-Untitled.png
    Smushed-Untitled.png
    1,006 KB · Views: 119
Could you elaborate on what you are asking for? Do you want this UI as a game-wide mod, or as a feature for a custom map?

Do you know if the UI files for the custom UI in your picture are publicly available? If so, recreating might be a substantial waste of effort.

Level 4
Could you elaborate on what you are asking for? Do you want this UI as a game-wide mod, or as a feature for a custom map?

Do you know if the UI files for the custom UI in your picture are publicly available? If so, recreating might be a substantial waste of effort.
I'm no modder, no map maker, just a simple meele player
I like the Minimal UI of reforged HD Graphics, and I want to replace the reforged UI with the Classic (SD) UI in all my games (change it globally, not per map or etc)

Level 29
I'm no modder, no map maker, just a simple meele player
I like the Minimal UI of reforged HD Graphics, and I want to replace the reforged UI with the Classic (SD) UI in all my games (change it globally, not per map or etc)
If you talk about changing Reforged UI to Classic, there's no question about that. You can switch between them in the Game Options, provided you have both Reign of Chaos key (for Classic) and the Reforged pre-order key.
If you want the Minimal UI (without two useless bars) back in Reforged, you should ask the following threads. It might help you:
Hiding Extended UI Panels
Removing Extended UI Help [Patch 1.30.4]

Yeah unfortunately the only way that I know to really make the non-Reforged UI look like in your link... is something that requires "user script" to run. I'm pretty sure that if you put it in a mod to apply to all melee maps, it might make you desync from other people online during play. So, even if maybe if there is a way to make it not desync, it would still take a while to develop.

I'm sure you could remove the outermost parts of the UI, but I think that in the classic graphics mode there would be black bars showing behind it. To get rid of the black bars you need to run custom script.

Maybe you could do it from a preloader script mod, and maybe those aren't network synced. I wonder.

Level 4
Yeah unfortunately the only way that I know to really make the non-Reforged UI look like in your link... is something that requires "user script" to run. I'm pretty sure that if you put it in a mod to apply to all melee maps, it might make you desync from other people online during play. So, even if maybe if there is a way to make it not desync, it would still take a while to develop.

I'm sure you could remove the outermost parts of the UI, but I think that in the classic graphics mode there would be black bars showing behind it. To get rid of the black bars you need to run custom script.

Maybe you could do it from a preloader script mod, and maybe those aren't network synced. I wonder.
Thanks, I searched a bit and was able to change files in retail and load my own dds files for custom console, now I'm looking for the path in the casc file that Reforged UI Console files are located, I was not able to find it

casc file that Reforged UI Console
Usually all the reforged stuff is in "_hd.w3mod/" folder, then in the same file path repeated as what you had outside of that. If it is not there, then it is probably sharing files between both modes

Status
Not open for further replies.