• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft : Orcs

As the name says, this is a pure remake of what the glorious Warcraft: Orcs & Humans used to be and is. For all of those who would like to play back Wc1 with the style, the graphic and the interface of Wc3.

Features:
- Dual Single Player campaign: Play as Orcs or Humans and unveil their respective plots in 12 missions of real old Warcraft atmosphere.
- Old original warcraft music brought back and plaid stage by stage as the original soundtrack order was set.
- Old spells recreated. From the Necrolytes' "Unholy Armor" to the knee-dropping Warlocks' "Cloud of Poison".
- Accurate remake of the old levels' geography. Every single corner of all maps has been pasted to the wc3 engine!
- Artificial Intelligence perfectly re-created comparing the old ones. You'll incredibly feel exactly like playing against the original AI!
- All old units recreated. Raiders, "imba" catapults, Spearmen, summoned units and more!!
- Every units' stats same as how they were in the old game: from the "Crystal-fragility" of the Skeletons to the "Tank-resistance" of the Daemons.
- Intro briefings displayed as in-mission cinematics that will display a brief preview of your forces and some of the enemy.
- New plot explanations. Indoor stages have the addition of a longer intro-briefing displaying interesting(non-canon) chat between characters. Also, hit the "mission objective" button in each mission to read more curiosities about the storyline.

ok ladies and gentlemen, i'm happy to announce, after almost 6 years from the release, the big
UPDATE

CHANGE LOG

GENERAL:

- Both campaigns now lighter: 88,7 MB together against the previous ones' 120+ MB
- Fixed the campaign buttons not showing after completing each mission WITHOUT CHEATS! Thanks and sorry to all the (honest)players who reported.
- Fixed a bug that caused Summon Spiders/Scorpions to Summon Daemons/Elementals instead
- Fixed a bug which didn't let the player win and move to the ending after completing the last map in both campaigns.
- Fixed the AI Raise Dead spell, now working.

GAMEPLAY:

- Units selection limit(4) restored to normal(12), by popular demand.
- Just like in the original wc1, a voice will inform the player about enemies approaching the base
- Walls now buildable from the Town Hall; system created by Mechanical Man.
- Fixed(by Mechanical Man) a bug which "teleported underground" a worker unit when denied to build too far from the base.
- Revised and changed ALL UNITS' hit-points, armor and damage(original wc1 stats data and game mechanic studied and deeply explained by Clownboss here This game is so old it's not funny. - Warcraft: Orcs & Humans Message Board for PC - Page 2 - GameFAQs)
Now, because wc3 can't really handle the system explained in the link, i had to change stats repeatedly, test and tweak around. You'll see units with incredibly high gap of difference in armor, but still loyal to the old game. Also, because of the fact(as you can read in the link above) that every wc1 unit had a 20% chance of missing their target, i had to give every unit a 20% evasion ability called "Fortitude".

AESTHETIC:

- Swapped the "swampy" maps tileset from Lordaeron Fall to Dalaran Ruins.
- With the exception of buildings, the whole game interface is now entirely customized with Wc1 icons(units, unit commands, spells, etc), created by myself.
- All intro and outro cinematics adjusted and improved.
- All briefing cinematics are now voiced by Bill Roper sounds(as in the CD version of wc1)
- Removed Ferris/Trespus and Zeke/Shivat from briefings and replaced with nameless Grunt/Paladin
- Forced both humans and orcs victory screens to their RoC versions.
- Revised and corrected ALL tooltips and extra dialogues in the game.
- New(and much much lighter) loading screens for every mission, created by me using artworks by Samwise from the wc1 manual, plus few others.
- New loading screens for all intros/endings and for campaigns' main screen.
- New models for:
Humans:
Archer(kitabatake), Knight(loktar), Catapult(AndrewOverload519), Conjurer(loktar), Cleric(retextured from DoC by loktar), Barracks(retextured from DoC by loktar), Mill(retextured from DoC by loktar), Stable(Mike), Blacksmith(retextured from DoC by loktar), Church(Ket), Wall section(retextured from DoC by Loktar)

Orcs:
Spearman(retextured from DoC by Lightskin), Necrolyte(by kam), Warlock(Loktar), Blacksmith(REDXIII), Temple(retextured from DoC by Lightskin), Barracks(retextured from DoC by Loktar), Wall section(retextured from DoC by Loktar)

Neutrals & Others:
Fire Elemental(Alfredx_sotn), Skeleton(HerrDave), LogBridge(Mephestrial), Bandit Crossbowman(Wandering Soul), plus another model from Deolrin which i'm not telling because.....spoilers. ;)

Now I guess it's time for the most important part, the main event, the new

HARD MODE

Every map in the game now has a Dialogue Box system(created by 3ICE) that allows you to choose between NORMAL and HARD mode.
WHAT DOES THE HARD MODE DO:
The hard mode drastically modifies the whole game.
All missions have transitions between day and night.
When playing as humans, orcs will strike with more aggressiveness during the night, while the opposite happens when playing as orcs.
Don't relax even when playing the first missions, as the Hard mode will render them more difficult(and interesting) to play!
Completing a map in Hard Mode will unlock the Hard Mode level for the next one.
In addition(finally we're here), the Hard mode will unlock new BONUS OBJECTIVES in each map. Completing a bonus objective will unlock a new ability for a specific unit which will carry-over the rest of the campaign(only in Hard Mode). Completing ALL of the Bonus Objectives will unlock a special objective in the last map(Blackrock Spire/Stormwind Keep), which, if accomplished, will unlock a secret intro which will lead to 2 bonus maps(for each campaign) and a bonus finale at their completion.
The bonus maps are sub-plot missions following the aftermath of the first war for both Lothar and Garona.

Project is now on
PATCH v2.8

Ver2.8 CHANGE LOG:

- Under permission of @loktar , i'm using his Wc1 models to enrich the remake. Unfortunately not all of the models have been remade yet. The missing ones are the Kennel and the orc Blacksmith.
The renewed models include all human and orc structures, Grunts, Raiders, Spearmen, Crossbowmen, Necrolytes(+attack and Dark Vision effect), Clerics' Holy Lance attacks effect, Conjurers, Scorpions and more.
- To celebrate the 10 years of this project, both Orcs & Humans secret campaigns will be unlocked from the beginning!
- New Hint messages will be displayed during Orc secret map 1 for the player to better understand how to exploit the "allegiance" mechanic, and to quickly acknowledge Garona's new abilities. Same will go for Lothar's secret map 1.
- Conjurer's Comet Strike attack effect has been changed into "howl", so any enemy unit struck will suffer a brief penalty to their attack damage. This ability may work or may not, but as before, who's relying on Conjurer for base defense or attack, anyway?
- Clerics/Necrolytes attack range reduced from 200 to 150, but upgrade from Bonus Objective will now increase their range by +150 instead of +100.
- AI attack waves in most maps were too short in Hard mode and too long in Normal mode. A rebalancement has been made.
- Human secret map 1 will also go through some changes:
First off, autocast function for Cleric Healing spell has been disabled here. Now, as in the previous version of the map, the player is forced to manage his gold on a limited amount of upgrades. In v2.8, this management will carry over to the next map. Furthermore, if you manage to let the Conjurer survive the first map, he will come with you in the second map. Also, if you decided to research the Rain of Fire for him in the previous map, the research will carry over to the next map as well. Any research that has NOT been made in the first map will NOT be available in the second map.
- Fire & Water Elementals, Spiders & Scorpions will now have all Chaos attacks(only get a 1.20 damage ratio over Large Armor type).
- Reworked bonus objective dynamic for human map 9: now losing Catapults or Scorpions to enemy Catapult attacks will not cause the secret objective to fail.
- Fixed some cinematic issues
- Several building sizes and ground textures reworked, in order to accomodate new models.
- Catapults damage has been reworked: now the Catapult will inflict its full damage on direct hit, while 60% of damage will spill in the surrounding area, in a cluster radius of 9 units like warcraft 1 & 2.
In this way only the heaviest units(such as Knights/Raiders, tier 2 summons and other Catapults) will survive the splash damage. This should also prevent Knights/Raiders from getting killed by a quick-lob glitch caused by Catapults firing right at the edge of their minimum attack range.
A mention has to be made towards the damage mitigation system in Warcraft 3, which works on percentage absorption rather than nullifying single numerical units. A Knight/Raider in this remake has a standard defence of 15, which absorbs 47% of damage. This percentage goes up by 4 for each of the two Shields upgrades, so you can guess how it further goes to inflict towards Catapult damage.
- Switched Lothar's Shield Bash ability with Shockwave: deals 50 damage over a straight line at the cost of 50 mana(like "Roar") with 10 seconds cooldown. This should also prove useful in the Human secret map 2, as the Shield Bash was only useful to snipe enemy Catapults, plus with the risk of Lothar getting stuck between obstacles due to a bug from the spell system.
- Added Donations Button down below so if you feel superkind, and think this guy here has well-spent over 10 years in creating and perfecting this remake for you to play for free, any donation would be super appreciated! :) ^^

PATCH v2.6

Ver2.6 CHANGE LOG:

- Archers on map 5 slightly moved aside the middle of the right bridge to prevent a very little(yet possible) chance for AI units from getting stuck there while attacking in a big balled-up fashion.
- Trees on southeastern corner of map 11 slightly moved to prevent AI units from getting stuck underneath while attacking.
- Timer for Hard mode on map 10 increased from 5 to 8 minutes.
- Timer for Hard mode bonus objective on map 12 increased from 5 to 6 minutes.
- Rain of fire/cloud of poison: Damage of each wave reduced from 18 to 13, decreased number of waves from 4 to 3, decreased building resistance to the spell from 25% to 0%, increased mana cost from 28 to 30.
- Water Elemental attack type changed from Piercing to Magic, as a bypass for the Footmen Defense ability.
- Upkeep removed
- Damage of Chaos/Magic attack type decreased from 1.30 to 1.20 on heavy armors.

PATCH v2.4

Ver2.4 CHANGE LOG:

- Clerics cooldown attack speed increased from 0.30 to 0.35
- Necrolytes cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.30 to 0.25
- Warlocks cooldown attack speed increased from 0.40 to 0.70
- Conjurers cooldown attack speed increased from 0.40 to 0.65
- Fixed a bug that prevented losing a bonus quest in human mission 9
- Conjurers' "Comet Strike" ability should now work normally
- Fixed building refund that was giving +25 wood everytime a Tower was placed beyond limit(both campaigns)

PATCH v2.2

Ver2.2 CHANGE LOG:

- Archer/Spearman cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.85 to 0.75
- Archer/Spearman projectile's speed increased from 2400 to 3000
- Water Elementals cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.90 to 0.75
- Water Elementals projectile's speed increased from 1400 to 2000
- Daemon cooldown attack speed decreased from 1.10 to 1.00
- Skeleton(both types) cooldown attack speed decreased from 1.10 to 1.00
- All Cavalry and infantry melee units(spellcasters excluded) cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.60 to 0.50
- Scorpion and Spider cooldown attack speed increased from 0.60 to 0.65
- Slime cooldown attack speed decreased from 1.10 to 1.00
- Ogre cooldown attack speed increased from 0.60 to 0.65
- Fire Elemental cooldown attack speed decreased from 0.70 to 0.65
- Adjusted enemy summonings on level medium in advanced/final missions
- Enemy units training in missions 5, 6, 7, 9, 11 and 12 delayed and slowed down in both medium and hard modes
- Forced Catapult periodic training for AI in map 6 and 9 to accomodate Hard Mode Bonus achievement
- Fixed enemy casters waypoints in map 11
- Footmen Deflect ability set back to deflect projectiles(was disabled).
- Conjurers' Comet Strike ability has now "Storm Hammers" effects.
- Fixed Comet Strike ability that appeared as researched in some missions in Normal mode.
- Adjusted Ogres to the left side in the second part of mission 4.
- Corrected Armor Upgrade tooltip.
- Adjusted log-bridges height in swampy maps

TO PLAYERS

- Hard mode and Bonus objectives have been tested. They are working 100% and are accomplishable even without cheats; so thanks in advance to all players who will play this remake as it should be.
- Bonus objectives are easier(most of them are possibile only) if you have achieved bonus goals in previous missions, so that the abilities you carry-over may save the day.
- Please notify me of ANY bugs, and i will fix them straight away.
- DO NOT attempt to sell, distribute or whatever idea comes in your mind about this remake(expecially claiming it your own)!!!!!!
- Enjoy FOR FREE my 8 years-long work!
- PLEASE SHARE THE TRAILER!!

Remember: this project took me 8 years. My very first goal was to play it myself, then as it started to take shape I also figured I could gladly share it with the Warcraft 3 community to show them all my passion for the classic games! So, if you want to be super generous and kind, please donate. ;)
Very much appreciated! ^^

Keywords:
warcraft orcs humans remake campaign update enhanced
Contents

Warcraft : Orcs (Campaign)

Reviews
17:59, 2nd Feb 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 20
No, they lost aggro, if I didn't attack them for a long time.
yep, that's what i said: they leash back.
If you mean secret level 1, I saved all of them in cage1 (approached from the south, ignored spearmen, broke the wall, then spearmen get despawned), lost almost all of them in cage2 (not possible to me, too much fighting guards, can't ignore them), saved all except 1 in cage3 (rushed to the wall again).
What i meant is, there is a reward for keeping at least 1 footman and/or 1 orc alive till the end of the map. I assume you didn't?

Thanks for the rating!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I know but there is nothing i can do about it. Every Artillery-type weapon in wc3 squishes units upon kill. I tried to fix it by making their attack projectile-type, but the result is that they have a minor tracking capability, so they become sort of OP. Imagine a catapult with boulders you can't actually dodge.....
Set the projectile not to follow the target and use orb of fire splash damage type or splash damage within the unit editor fields.
Or, ask here Modeling & Animation if someone knows how to eliminate that corpse destruction animation.

Level 10
yep, that's what i said: they leash back.
Ok, then I guess you meant that I needed to go back through them again... well I had 1 grunt just near the entrance, so I didn't need to move back my whole remaining army, just moved this one and victory :D

What i meant is, there is a reward for keeping at least 1 footman and/or 1 orc alive till the end of the map. I assume you didn't?
Uhhh, I kept like 10+ of each alive. And a lot of brigands too.
Was there any text saying "BONUS REWARD: ... "?

Set the projectile not to follow the target and use orb of fire splash damage type or splash damage within the unit editor fields.
I'm not sure that would work, instead it would hit the ground and damage the target even if it's long distance away. Or does Orb ability change that?

Level 20
How's everyone doing? We're living through hard and nasty times, that's for sure, and I'm no exception.
What happened to me from the start of the covid pandemic till now is too much to mention. I've been through a lot of struggles in life, and been kept away from hobbies to focus on more important things, but the good news is that i'm back and, by looking at the date, it's been over 10 years since i first released this remake!
As such, I decided to rework the project up a bit, and do some polishing here and there.

Project will soon be on
PATCH v2.8

Ver2.8 CHANGE LOG:

- Under permission of @loktar , i'm using his Wc1 models to enrich the remake. Screenshots below are a small preview. Some models still need a fix, which the artist is undergoing as we speak. ;)

wc3scrnshot_080420_015206_02-jpg.361270

wc3scrnshot_080420_014916_01-jpg.361269

- To celebrate the 10 years of this project, both Orcs & Humans secret campaigns will be unlocked from the beginning!
- New Hint messages will be displayed during Orc secret map 1 for the player to better understand how to exploit the "allegiance" mechanic, and to quickly acknowledge Garona's new abilities. Same will go for Lothar's secret map 1.
- Fire & Water Elementals, Spiders & Scorpions will now have all Chaos attacks(only get a 1.20 damage ratio over Large Armor type).
- Several building sizes and ground textures reworked, in order to accomodate new models.
- Switched Lothar's Shield Bash ability with Shockwave: deals 50 damage over a straight line at the cost of 50 mana(like "Roar") with 10 seconds cooldown. This should also prove useful in the Human secret map 2, as the Shield Bash was only useful to snipe enemy Catapults, plus with the risk of Lothar getting stuck between obstacles due to a bug from the spell system.

Be safe everyone. Will release this as soon as it will be optimized.

Level 20
A new report from the soon-to-come update:

Lots of new material has been added. This picture is a slight preview of what's been improved:

wc3scrnshot_100720_212630_01-jpg.365680

As you can see there is a wider camera angle, which can be turned off during play.
Squared selection "circles" finally working.
Spellbook method for Basic and Advanced structure tabs.
Plenty of new models for units and buildings! Once again thanks to the kind concession of @loktar ;)
More!

All said enhancements will also be used for the remake of Warcraft 2, which goes steady and constant(covid crisis is also giving me plenty of spare time :/ ).

See you soon for more updates!

Level 1
Hello, how can I change the language to Spanish? I'm very interested in playing the campaign but I don't know English, I'm from Argentina, right now I'm using a translator to send this message, and I basically don't know English, what can I do? Saludos desde Argentina <3

Level 20
Hello, how can I change the language to Spanish? I'm very interested in playing the campaign but I don't know English, I'm from Argentina, right now I'm using a translator to send this message, and I basically don't know English, what can I do? Saludos desde Argentina <3
Hola. Estoy completando la nueva versión de este mod. Todavía necesito un par de modelos, después se lo daré a un español que me preguntó si podía traducirlo. No sé cuándo estarán listos estos modelos, pero no tomará mucho tiempo.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello. I'm completing the new version for this mod. I need a couple of models still, after i will give it to a spanish guy who asked me if he can translate it. I don't know when these models will be ready but it won't take long.

Level 34
Hola. Estoy completando la nueva versión de este mod. Todavía necesito un par de modelos, después se lo daré a un español que me preguntó si podía traducirlo. No sé cuándo estarán listos estos modelos, pero no tomará mucho tiempo.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello. I'm completing the new version for this mod. I need a couple of models still, after i will give it to a spanish guy who asked me if he can translate it. I don't know when these models will be ready but it won't take long.
:peasant-frightened:nice spanish!

Level 1

Oh Muchas gracias, lo voy a esperar con ansias <3

--- translated using Google Translate by Ralle ---

Oh Thank you so much, I'll look forward to it <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
5/5
This is how you should remake old wc games with wc3.
Way better than the Chricinles of the 2nd War Reforged remake done by WoW lore fans who are spoiling our games with WoW lore and other shit.

Level 20
Main post updated

Project now on
PATCH v2.8

Ver2.8 CHANGE LOG:

- Under permission of @loktar , i'm using his Wc1 models to enrich the remake. Unfortunately not all of the models have been remade yet. The missing ones are the Kennel and the orc Blacksmith.
The renewed models include all human and orc structures, Grunts, Raiders, Spearmen, Crossbowmen, Necrolytes(+attack and Dark Vision effect), Clerics' Holy Lance attacks effect, Conjurers, Scorpions and more.
- Conjurer's Comet Strike attack effect has been changed into "howl", so any enemy unit struck will suffer a brief penalty to their attack damage. This ability may work or may not, but as before, who's relying on Conjurer for base defense or attack, anyway?
- Clerics/Necrolytes attack range reduced from 200 to 150, but upgrade from Bonus Objective will now increase their range by +150 instead of +100.
- AI attack waves in most maps were too short in Hard mode and too long in Normal mode. A rebalancement has been made.
- Human secret map 1 will also go through some changes:
First off, autocast function for Cleric Healing spell has been disabled here. Now, as in the previous version of the map, the player is forced to manage his gold on a limited amount of upgrades. In v2.8, this management will carry over to the next map. Furthermore, if you manage to let the Conjurer survive the first map, he will come with you in the second map. Also, if you decided to research the Rain of Fire for him in the previous map, the research will carry over to the next map as well. Any research that has NOT been made in the first map will NOT be available in the second map.
- Reworked bonus objective dynamic for human map 9: now losing Catapults or Scorpions to enemy Catapult attacks will not cause the secret objective to fail.
- Catapults damage has been reworked: now the Catapult will inflict its full damage on direct hit, while 60% of damage will spill in the surrounding area, in a cluster radius of 9 units like warcraft 1 & 2.
In this way only the heaviest units(such as Knights/Raiders, tier 2 summons and other Catapults) will survive the splash damage. This should also prevent Knights/Raiders from getting killed by a quick-lob glitch caused by Catapults firing right at the edge of their minimum attack range.
A mention has to be made towards the damage mitigation system in Warcraft 3, which works on percentage absorption rather than nullifying single numerical units. A Knight/Raider in this remake has a standard defence of 15, which absorbs 47% of damage. This percentage goes up by 4 for each of the two Shields upgrades, so you can guess how it further goes to inflict towards Catapult damage.
- Added Donations Button so if you feel superkind, and think this guy here has well-spent over 10 years in creating and perfecting this remake for you to play for free, any donation would be super appreciated! :) ^^

Level 20
According to the latest model bug report and subsequent fix on the Human Campaign, i'm updating this one as well with a correction on the 5th map optional objective:

- Reworked bonus objective for orc map 5: now canceling a building in progress or losing a building due to the outbound range will no longer cause the bonus objective to fail.

I still can't upload the updated campaign file due to some sort of bug in the system. It must be because of the renewed website. Admins have already been addressed.

EDIT: Download now restored and updated

Last edited:
Level 20
You're perfectly right and it's not a bug but missing Crossbowman model from Kitabatake, which i removed in favour of Loktar's new crossbowman model. Also the conjurers in the final boss fight are custom ones which need also to be specified about the new Conjurer model from Loktar. 🤦‍♂️ I'll fix them asap. Thanks for the report.
I shall also check if there are more custom units that need the same review in the human secret missions.

EDIT: Campaign updated. Thanks again for the report @Flade

Last edited:
Level 6
Way better than the Chricinles of the 2nd War Reforged remake done by WoW lore fans who are spoiling our games with WoW lore and other shit.
I raise a cup to you, sir!
P.S. You're gonna love my Wc2 Remake, then! I guarantee you. ;) Few days left....
I do not belong to the camp of the mentioned persons / not playing MMO's as well, but, if thread is open for some suggestions and in case two first games are covered now (well, second covered for half or so), will be interesting to see some WoW DLC related classic RTS style as well. I've made some exploration here and there for the moment and, it seems, nobody working on this direction yet anymore.

Some links.

List with existing campaigns: WoW plot in the WC3
Discussion in the Curse of the Forsaken thread - Curse of the Forsaken v3.0.1
Discussion in the Shadow of Hatred thread - Shadows of Hatred v2.2.2 (Patch 1.30)

Last edited:
Level 2
Hey LordPerenholde, I just have to say, great mod! I cannot imagine how much effort went into making this. I made an account specifically just to tell you that I love this.

I also had a little feedback if I may.

1. The bonus objective to destroy catapults with spear men: I feel like this could be tuned down a little. Maybe like 3 or less catapults? It really does make the map far harder than I feel it should be. Comparably to the rest of the game, I would say this objective makes this the hardest map in the game IMO.

2. It would be cool if you made the timer a little longer on some of the dialog in cut-scenes. I find it pretty difficult to get through all of it in time, especially in the secret missions.

3. The English and grammar of the dialog in the mod isn't the best. I would be happy to help with that if you ever had an interest in polishing it.

4. The sound files for the units seem to all be WC3. I don't know if this is intentional, or just can't be helped. But I was a little bummed to not hear the old voice lines on units.

Other than that, this mod was awesome. It really captures the feel of WC1, without the jank controls.

Thank you so much for providing the experience.

Last edited:
Level 20
1. The bonus objective to destroy catapults with spear men: I feel like this could be tuned down a little. Maybe like 3 or less catapults? It really does make the map far harder than I feel it should be. Comparably to the rest of the game, I would say this objective makes this the hardest map in the game IMO.
...and you haven't seen the one on Human map 9 yet!
Anyway this is HARD mode, right? ;)

2. It would be cool if you made the timer a little longer on some of the dialog in cut-scenes. I find it pretty difficult to get through all of it in time, especially in the secret missions.
Well, no one ever said anything about this and multiple youtubers got through'em all without issues, so I really can't say what's the big deal here, especially after you claim...
3. The English and grammar of the dialog in the mod isn't the best. I would be happy to help with that if you ever had an interest in polishing it.
...this. This is not the first nor second time I get addressed with this, and it frankly became annoying since the level of my english hasn't changed in the years before my Warcraft 2 Remake got released(with absolutely no one coming out with that claim again). Can I please get a better clue about what you mean for "The English and grammar of the dialog in the mod isn't the best"? I think I know what you mean(which is what I think everyone has always meant), and the fact that you're playing the Orc campaign is a further hint that I might be guessing right. Anyway, can you please explain in the detail?

4. The sound files for the units seem to all be WC3. I don't know if this is intentional, or just can't be helped. But I was a little bummed to not hear the old voice lines on units.
It IS intentional. Old voice lines were 1 for each race. With all the whole set of things back in the early 90's, this would have been cool to hear(as it was when kid me used to play it), but this is a Remake for Warcraft 3, and with all of the resources available within the game, why a single voiceset for so many units?
Other than that, this mod was awesome. It really captures the feel of WC1, without the jank controls.

Thank you so much for providing the experience.
Thank you for playing. I appreciate it.

Level 2
...and you haven't seen the one on Human map 9 yet!
Anyway this is HARD mode, right? ;)

Well, no one ever said anything about this and multiple youtubers got through'em all without issues, so I really can't say what's the big deal here, especially after you claim...

...this. This is not the first nor second time I get addressed with this, and it frankly became annoying since the level of my english hasn't changed in the years before my Warcraft 2 Remake got released(with absolutely no one coming out with that claim again). Can I please get a better clue about what you mean for "The English and grammar of the dialog in the mod isn't the best"? I think I know what you mean(which is what I think everyone has always meant), and the fact that you're playing the Orc campaign is a further hint that I might be guessing right. Anyway, can you please explain in the detail?

It IS intentional. Old voice lines were 1 for each race. With all the whole set of things back in the early 90's, this would have been cool to hear(as it was when kid me used to play it), but this is a Remake for Warcraft 3, and with all of the resources available within the game, why a single voiceset for so many units?

Thank you for playing. I appreciate it.
Thanks for getting back to me, I understand. I will look into the dialog for examples tonight.

Level 2
Here are a few examples that I found looking back.

1. Griselda: That's right we must absolutely make ours the magical knowledges conatined into the Northshire Abbey. (knowledges is not a word. contained into is grammatically incorrect.) When we'll succeed, we will use their power to kill my father and take over the Horde. (When we will succeed is also grammatically incorrect.)

2. Brigand: We're not receiving news from days. (Should be: We haven't received news for days)

3. Garona: How does it feels like betraying your own kingdom? (Grammar Mistake, What does it feel like betraying your own kingdom would sound correct.) You won't get away with this when Doomhammer's minions will come here and save me! (will come here and save me should be condensed to come here and save me.)

4. Archer: I bet if we free her she may be an invaluable source of informations about what's going on around here. (informations is not a word.)

5. Garona: One more thing: how did you managed to get back here in one piece? (managed is grammatically incorrect here, should be manage)

6. Garona: You both guys are now my warranty. (Grammatically incorrect. You guys are both under my warranty would sound a lot better.)

I found more, but I just wanted to leave you with some of the more obvious ones. I don't wanna pick apart your hard work and be a grammar nazi. It does make it harder to read the text in time however, because of the confusion.

I hope these examples suffice, let me know if you need anything else.

Attachments

• Grammar.png
    Grammar.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Level 20
Here are a few examples that I found looking back.

1. Griselda: That's right we must absolutely make ours the magical knowledges conatined into the Northshire Abbey. (knowledges is not a word. contained into is grammatically incorrect.) When we'll succeed, we will use their power to kill my father and take over the Horde. (When we will succeed is also grammatically incorrect.)

2. Brigand: We're not receiving news from days. (Should be: We haven't received news for days)

3. Garona: How does it feels like betraying your own kingdom? (Grammar Mistake, What does it feel like betraying your own kingdom would sound correct.) You won't get away with this when Doomhammer's minions will come here and save me! (will come here and save me should be condensed to come here and save me.)

4. Archer: I bet if we free her she may be an invaluable source of informations about what's going on around here. (informations is not a word.)

5. Garona: One more thing: how did you managed to get back here in one piece? (managed is grammatically incorrect here, should be manage)

6. Garona: You both guys are now my warranty. (Grammatically incorrect. You guys are both under my warranty would sound a lot better.)

I found more, but I just wanted to leave you with some of the more obvious ones. I don't wanna pick apart your hard work and be a grammar nazi. It does make it harder to read the text in time however, because of the confusion.

I hope these examples suffice, let me know if you need anything else.
I see. You're right and thank you for the corrections. I'll be honest, I'm not really in the mood of touching this project again just for the sake of correcting the mentioned text. After working on the Warcraft 2 remake and seeing the million of things I managed to create and improve compared to this one, the sight of it almost disgusts me.
So, once again, releasing an umpteenth update just for the sake of the grammar doesn't feel appealing to me right now. Sorry. :(
EDIT: I'll tell you what: keep that post there, or even better, look for grammar imperfections in the Human campaign as well. I might get to it eventually, and even credit you for it. Never say never!

Last edited:
Level 2
I see. You're right and thank you for the corrections. I'll be honest, I'm not really in the mood of touching this project again just for the sake of correcting the mentioned text. After working on the Warcraft 2 remake and seeing the million of things I managed to create and improve compared to this one, the sight of it almost disgusts me.
So, once again, releasing an umpteenth update just for the sake of the grammar doesn't feel appealing to me right now. Sorry. :(
EDIT: I'll tell you what: keep that post there, or even better, look for grammar imperfections in the Human campaign as well. I might get to it eventually, and even credit you for it. Never say never!
Thanks for hearing me out, yeah I really don't blame you haha. You have been at it for years. I only wanted to point it out if it's ever interesting to you.

When I have the time I can brush over it. The human campaign seems a lot more polished in that aspect so far. I'm almost done my playthrough of it.

Level 6
Humans campaign now behind, time to tell about Orcs one on hard difficulty, with all optional quests.

Mission 1.

Rough start.

1. First of all. Focus on producing grunts, not peons and farms. You will need an army of at least of 5-6 of them to take additional goldmines and more to clean up the map, while you can use just one peon.
2. Take goldmine on south as a first additional one.

Mission 2.

1. Do not give a care about safe more or less original units. It has no matter.
2. Kill all enemy units, but leave one archer, that will attack the farm, alive. Until at least one of those units are alive timer will not be started. So. This trick will allow you do not care about time for at least a while.
3. Send peon to repair the farm time to time.
4. When your army will be huge enough / you will clean up some parts of the map, can kill the last enemy and proceed further.

Mission 3.

1. Forget about summoners till the end of the mission. Build s spear guys instead.
2. To protect the base two squads of 5-6 will be required. Enemy waves will come from east and south.
3. After the base is set, take the first squad and move them on east. There is third goldmine here, that enemy is using. Block it by spear guys, so enemy will have no option to attack you in further and also produce units.
4. Continue bulding up the spear folks. When there will be enough of them go south and attack the enemy base from south -> north-east direction.
5. Do not destroy one building. For example - farm.
6. Start bulding up summoners. Kill peons or any other kind of your units at the base to deal with the optional quest.

Mission 4.

Nothing much specific here. If some of you units are damaged - bring them behind, make enemies follow and kill them later. As for the riders - just left them behind. Also. To finish the mission it's enough to have one unit near the start / exit.

Mission 5.

Enemy looks the same in case of basic points, but actually powerful. So main bet goes for riders. After that go north, left bridge, block enemy goldmine there and be sure you have enough units to proceed to base destroy.

Last edited:
Level 6
Mission 6. Stuck?

Warcraft III Screenshot 2023.05.31 - 12.00.05.42.png

Well. From first view - no idea how it's suppose to be completed. Four catapults at once + regular enemies. If you try to reach them - they will crash you. If you will try to distract them - they will crash you as well. Any other units, rather then spear folks, will lead to loss before this moment.

Last edited:
Level 6
Mission 6. Solution.

Warcraft III Screenshot 2023.06.05 - 02.21.39.81.png

As I've said before, and it's usually goes with the some @LordPerenoldeII's missions, "bullet points" matter. So. Instead of useless attempts to protect your base, it's required to go forward instead, after what you will see that this mission isn't so hard as it looks.

1. Start from grunts, there is no time to make spear folks at start.
2. Move units you have at start to north and destroy enemies behind the bridge. The whole strategy is stick to control this specific point.
3. Make new units go directly here, start, when you will able to, proceed spear folks. You will require ~ 21/21 resourse used to handle the things.
4. Until your units handle the specific point near the bridge, enemy will have no option to collect his units into the groups / attack your base, which will also lead to a fact that there will be no 4, as well 2 catapults at once, only 1.
5. Until you will have enough units, deal with catapults by riders, 1x1.
6. When you will have enough units start to use spear folks, 1x1 fight. Allow catapult to make first shot, then, on the save distance, attack it. You will have around ~ 3 seconds until next attack will take a place. Stick to that pattern and run, when required. You can destroy 5, 10, 25, whatever number enemy will send, by this method, ever if you have only one spear guy with 1 HP left.
7. If some additional units are in place, go back and allow your army to kill them, while you handle the catapult. You can also use the bridge - until enemy has no specific number of units, it will not cross it, only if you attack some of them.
8. When things will be set / you will be able to handle any type of attacks, in my case if was at the time ~ I've go to the third goldmine, all 3 will be required, it will be time for prepare to attack.
9. To make an attack succeed you need to proceed units faster then enemy do. Also don't forget to make the upgrades. It will require specific number of peons to use, especially enemy has 2 goldmines here.
10. Combination of spear folks and ~ 3 catapults must be enough to deal with the enemy base. You don't actually need a big army here, I've at the end only 30/33. It's better start the attack from barracks, enemy have only one.

Last edited:
Level 6
Mission 7.

Warcraft III Screenshot 2023.06.05 - 06.17.54.54.png Warcraft III Screenshot 2023.06.05 - 06.21.11.19.png

Nothing special about this one. Just make enough of spear folks and a bunch of catapults. Most of the units might die during the attack, but if ever few will survive it will be enough.

Mission 8.

Warcraft III Screenshot 2023.06.05 - 06.52.16.90.png

Time is hardly limited here.

1. First clean up the starting rectangle - it will give you a bonus, that will stop a time for a while, also it's required anyway to deal with the optional quest in overall.
2. There are two possible sides to go, I've chosen right one. Do not waste time for peons and any other exploring.
3. On the north there a bit problematic sequence, if you have lost enough units already. So might require to distract and attack units in a bit smaller groups to deal with them in total. In my case 12 seconds left. How many units survive after that - doesn't matter. You will control Garona only after that.
4. Two switches must be found. First is in the left section of the rectangle, you can see it on the screenshot, as well as the whole way I've picked. And second is after gate on east, that will be opened after first switch is pressed.
5. After that it's just required to go south, where large gates are open, and wait till ogrs destroy knights there, so you can leave the level.

Level 6
Mission 9.

Warcraft III Screenshot 2023.06.05 - 12.22.12.04.png

I see that people was saying here that this mission is hard, ever probably hardest in both campaigns, comparing it with mission six and etc. I'm not only completely not agree with this argument, but also can tell that this is one - one of the easiest. Once again, matter of steps you do and here, in opposite to mission six, you need only two mostly.

1. Right from the start, with additional small buff of regular grunts, you can completely wipe out enemy major buildings on south base. So attacks will became way rare and weaker.
2. Combining a bunch of spear folks and catapults go to south, then west and deal with the enemy barracks on a second base. Army under 29/29, where about half is peons, would be enough to complete this mission, without armor upgrades, by the way.

- Reworked bonus objective for orc map 5: now canceling a building in progress or losing a building due to the outbound range will no longer cause the bonus objective to fail.

BTW. Reading commentaries from first view was thinking sentence contain "...losing a building due to the outbound rage".

Mission 10.

There is mistake in description of the spell. Full 120/120 mana is require to catch water elemental. Anyway. Take some units + 4 magicians and proceed on east-north. Catch the elementals, kill units, only after that bring the rest of the army. In further must be no problems, mission is easy in overall.

Mission 11.

Warcraft III Screenshot 2023.06.05 - 14.50.30.74.png Warcraft III Screenshot 2023.06.05 - 15.08.46.09.png

Also easy one, similar to nine, if you know what you do.

1. Similar first step for mission nine take all your units and move them on north-west, at there base with 2 barracks. Destroy the base. To protect the base by other hand at starting point it would be enough to make just 1 catapult. Later you can add a few more and a bunch of units.
2. Go crash the base on the east. Do not forget to collect 20 kills by demonic creatures first.

Once again, can be completed in less then 30 minutes and with less then 30/30 resources.

Mission 12.

Warcraft III Screenshot 2023.06.05 - 16.10.08.85.png

Again, nothing too difficult.

1. Right from the start make two buildings, which allow to produce riders. Make a few. Forget about spells.
2. Take the units you have, go to south, clean up the bridge, then the units on the base, then make a hole in the wall and destroy enemy catapult on the second base on the east. Enemy has 3 bases here.
3. Probably all units will be lost at the end of this attack, but it's doesn't matter. Take a squad of ~ 6 riders and proceed to the base again.
4. Ignore all enemy units and make another hole, now in the opposite wall.
5. Make one hit on the mentioned building - mission completed, as well as first secret mission now available, in case all optional quests are completed as well.

Last edited:
Level 6
Mission 13 (secret).

Warcraft III Screenshot 2023.06.05 - 17.37.50.63.png

1. There 3 cages with units can be found. When you will see one, you will have about a few seconds to react, before fight will start. Instead of attacking the guards, make a hole in the wall. In the first case it will allow to save a lot of units and avoid fight with the guards. After second one, when you will find Garona, you will have completely new group of units to control.
2. On the north-west it's possible to make two arrow upgrades in the building.
3. If point one was settled in a right way, in third cage you might save mostly everybody, so as result final fight will be easy kind. As for the ogrs. They might kill all units, due to hard magic defence. So, in this case use Garona's ability to hide and proceed to the exit, which will end the mission, while, by other hand, left one unit from each fraction behind in one place or another - it will allow to settle the allience with all three for the next mission without problems.

13 missions and all optional quests behind. One left to deal with. Can say that Orcs campaign feels easier in compare to Humans one.

Last edited:
Level 6
Mission 14 (secret).

Warcraft III Screenshot 2023.06.06 - 01.43.18.93.png

1. I've lost most of the regular units not far from the start, as well, in this case, have had no option to gather additional one. Still, combining 2 water elementals +/- skeletons is enough to proceed to the first goal - several minutes left in this case.
2. Fight with the boss. Garona's ability come in handy - it's required to get rid of 4 healers. Only after that you can attack the boss. Timing is rough here, it's about 2 seconds frame to make a shot, while it's require to make ~ 25 shots.
3. Stealth section. While mission will not fail if one of the two soldiers will die, it's required to have both of them alive to the very end. To get rid from the archers, soldiers must stand on two rectangles near by, which will open a section with the skeletons.

Well. The end. All missions of both campaigns can be found in this playlist. Luckly in the case of Orcs one there were zero recording issues. Mission 14 will appear a bit later, in case I still need to upload one.