1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft IV - The Edge of Eternity

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by kingbdogz, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually that'd be quite nice lol, to have him back again would greatly speed up the process. And since he's done with his mod, I'm sure it wouldn't be too erm... bad for him.

2. emolilolee

emolilolee

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh don't get your hopes up for that.
    I'm doing the music for that mod so I am in close development and I am quite sure he won't come back to this. He'll update the aether quite frequently, and I know about a secret future project.

3. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have to admit, though: The Aether is pretty damn awesome, and I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad about him updating it frequently. :p

4. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's okay, at least the map is updated:)

5. Thazzrill

Thazzrill

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would love to join this project, it look so awesome and epic!
    I can do mapping and stuff but not good, so i can`t do much about that. But i can make videos, i have after effects, premiere, sony vegas http://www.youtube.com/user/Doronsmovies here is my youtube channel.
    I make world of wacraft machinima
    I can help with the videos, i can give ideas, i know so much about lore! I have played wacraft 1,2,3 i have a wow account, i read all comics,books,lore and stuff. So please if you can accept my help reply to me, pm me or contact me to doronproductionfilms@hotmail.com

6. Varine

Varine

Resources:
    Resources:
    The mod is being restructured in it's entirety. This thread needs to be closed as we'll be making a new once we are ready to proceed with the development. Soon we'll be looking for people who know the universe well, though, to help us with rewriting the scripts. Send me or TausiM86 a PM and we'll get back in touch with you when we know what we're going to do.

7. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds good to me, lol as long as this would live on:)

8. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I hope you'll at least use the old concept art and models. They looked badass.

9. kris4o

kris4o

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice mod.I hope you finish it soon.

10. Varine

Varine

Resources:
    Resources:
    Quick update:

As far as I know, TausiM86 is the only member left from the last team. We've taken over management for the time being.

To cut a long story short, we're restarting the entire project (well, considering that almost nothing was actually done, we haven't been put that far back). Because no one seemed to really have any idea of what was going on and there were significant problems with resource-sharing, everything is very hard to sift through. I've gathered what I can, and wrote a new outline out that takes place shortly after The Frozen Throne.

We're making a new forum and will be looking for people familiar with the Warcraft lore, pre-World of Warcraft, to help refine the outline and develop the script.

After we have the script going a little way and determined the tech trees, we'll start with the level design and artwork, and begin voice overs.

Because of the serious issues previously with the mod, I think it's safe to say most people are going to be skeptical about offering help. Which is fine, as we're not going to be recruiting for anything other than writers and some people to help with cartography until we have some headway and visible progress.

As for the writers, which we do need, if anyone thinks they can contribute send me a PM. Mostly we're looking for people who know the world fairly well, or are willing to do research. Send me a private message, and I'll get back to you when the forum is up. Basically there will be a specialized development section for the team members (more than that below), where the outline will be posted. From there we'll basically discuss what's wrong with it, what's good with it, and build on it to develop the best story we can and hopefully begin making a proper script soon.

The team membership is also going to change.
    I'm against the application thing for anyone that wants to contribute. Right now we have some amount of restriction, primarily for practicality (if we have a hundred people working on the script, everyone is going to want to do something else and it will become extremely hard to make progress and result in a bunch of people not cooperating. If we have say ten people, it will be easier to get our points through and can work together a lot better).

After the script is in order, we'll basically have a series of completion lists, each in their respective thread. People will be able to 'claim' a project, like a model or something, and work on it. Post screenshots for feedback, etc. Assuming that person ends up not being very useful (like someone claims something then we never hear from them again), then it'll go back up. These people will be contributors.

We'll be careful not to post the entire script there and only what's absolutely necessary, as some people may want to help, but at the same time not want the story to be ruined for them. There will be a forum for the discussion of the storyline once it's done that people who may want to know it beforehand for whatever reason can ask about it or read it.

Team members will be those who have total access to the mod. Primarily, these will be the ones who do the majority of the data work and integration of assets, oversee the artwork and level designs, initial testing etc. They will be the ones who actually have to show some amount of proficiency because they're expected to be able to tell people who want to contribute what they're doing wrong, help them when they have issues, etc.

11. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm. It'd be nice to see the newly made lore being expressed through this map heh.
    Good luck:)

12. Varine

Varine

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can we get this thread closed or deleted?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.