1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll has begun! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft IV - The Edge of Eternity

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by kingbdogz, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    The link's broken?
    I really hope you guys pull through regardless ;)

2. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah this is a great map which could really change Warcraft III quite a bit.

3. TausiM86

TausiM86

Resources:
    Resources:
    @ Grey Nightmare: ? what do you mean with 'links broken'??

@ Miss Foxy: good news but I'm afraid we can't wait so long. pls send some worksamples in the next few days so that I can see what 'you're made off' :D. and of course post in which position you wanna work. thanks thanks

4. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    The topic you linked for applicants doesn't seem to exist :/

5. TausiM86

TausiM86

Resources:
    Resources:
    mmmh that's curious. the link works pretty fine when I click it. anyway if there's a problem here's the website link http://wc4eoe.com/. then search for the applications thread and that should work.

6. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    No I can't, I presume you've set it up so you need to be registered to see it?

7. MusicDemon

MusicDemon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Are there any Warcraft III MPQ Core editors around?

8. TausiM86

TausiM86

Resources:
    Resources:
    no that can't be. the last link itself should be visible for everyone. but I think you're right when it comes to apply for any job, that you have to register there. sry for that mistake

9. MusicDemon

MusicDemon

Resources:
    Resources:
  10. TausiM86

TausiM86

Resources:
    Resources:
    yep I don't know why this happens. again we need support that means we need more staff to fullfill that project!!

so please everyone that is interested in helping us register and apply for any job!

trust me we don't bite :D

11. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll do so now, thanks for this project:)

12. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    Where exactly do you guys stand currently?
    Be honest with us, what have you done, what haven't you done and what needs doing?

You'd be surprised how much of a difference that will make to applications - people might see your missing but they know they're capable of providing.

13. MusicDemon

MusicDemon

Resources:
    Resources:
    We're still trying to make sure that it's fully possible to add a race, if not, we have to try to add all models etc etc to a dummy place so that it's possible to play via an alias... Which costs mork work and triggering, thus CPU usage... I'm currently leading the research and software team, whereas I'm the only member. So, I'm really desperate of searching for some professional UI editor. Other than for my departments, we really need 3D modelers and texture painters. Like, really bad. We currently only got one guy working.

14. TausiM86

TausiM86

Resources:
    Resources:
    exactly! I totally agree with MD and to be honest it does not really matter were we stand at the moment. the most important thing is to get that project finished, but to do this we need staff. that's all. @ grey nightmare: questions are irrelevant atm and do not see that as a kind of verbal attack (well I'm not varine ;)) but that is the current situation at all and support is needed!!

@ Miss Foxy: looking forward to your application ;)

15. nic

nic

Resources:
    Resources:
    Aw... So excited >.<

16. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can try helping to post stuff in the forum today, my mini exams end for a while.

17. TausiM86

TausiM86

Resources:
    Resources:
    thanks miss foxy but finally I need something to see. anyway 2 week s have past since my first post on that site and no one really wants to support us.... I can't really believe that and that make things even harder.

so again: if there's someone that can do modeling, create textures or whatever, pls do not hesitate and apply for a job.

I know most people have a job (I have one to) but currently I'm the only artist and I'm nearly on the edge.... we need support and thats it!

18. Varine

Varine

Resources:
    Resources:
    No one wants to support it because of the history of it (Brandon, the original leader, breaking off from AED for whatever reason, thus losing my support, then him turning out to be for the most part totally incompetent at leading by himself, and even with me he sucked since he had this weird refusal to give me what I needed to manage it properly, like the storyline for instance), and no one knows what needs to be done still because no one has any idea what they're doing without a proper GDD and completion lists. What are they going to apply for if they don't know what needs to be done? A programmer isn't going to take a job if he doesn't know what he needs to program and an artist isn't going to take a job if he doesn't know what needs to be done. Voice actors really CAN'T take a job if they don't have a script, animators can't work if they don't have modelers to work with, and even if they had models they don't know what animations need to be done. How many walk cycles do they need? Is it a common unit that needs several death animations to avoid being repetitive? Does it even NEED a death animation? Is it a unit that needs a faster gait, or is it a unit under a lot of load that needs to walk slow? What about the attack animation? Can it cast spells? What kind of spells? Fireballs, does it call down ice shards from the sky, or does it channel something at a different unit? Is it like the footman, and has a shield that it can put in front of him? Is it supposed to be a pretty girl mage thing that needs to move in a more graceful manner? No one has any idea, and won't until you all get it figured out.

And then there's the communication issues, I'm still waiting for someone to provide me with the current standing (a proper one anyway) and have been for a few days (it should take a few hours to get at least a basic list together for people), and they still have that moron in charge of the site for some reason (in the year or so the mod was still under AED, we went through like three different layouts, none of which were complete and all of them had serious issues, and he refused to let me have access to it so I could fix it, it would have taken like a week. It would take a matter of a week. And they all looked almost exactly like skins you could just download for free or buy for a few dollars that actually worked. Then apparently decided to stop until he got paid for it despite it not being remotely functional. As to WHY he thought he was getting payment I don't know, I made it clear we couldn't pay anyone to Brandon but he insisted that it would be fine anyway for some reason... and then he tried that donation thing until I made him take it down).

If you guys get your shit together, made a proper website that actually worked and set up an effective form of communication, readily take help from people that know what they're doing instead of being like "Well I don't know, we'll have to ask someone else, we don't know what we need done I'll get back to you later, etc", stop with the "we can't do anything with more help" shit, you would get the help you need. No one wants to work on a project with ineffective leaders and a bunch of amateurs that can't do the work themselves.

Make a list of what you need done. If you're the only artist I assume you're the lead? Even if you're not, you might as well say you are anyway. Someone has to take control, and it seems no one wants to put the little bit of work in required to do it. Make a list of models that need to be done, include the animations that need to be on them, get some concept art or find examples of what you want it to look like, and link to various tutorials so people can see if they can do it, they can send it to you, get feedback, make it better. Give them a way to contact you that works (email or something that you actually check and respond to), don't leave posts and questions unanswered for days or weeks, and at the very least PRETEND to have everything together so you look like a professional setup, not a group of amateurs that took a few classes in high school and think they're pros (which currently is what you appear to be).

19. MusicDemon

MusicDemon

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not going to read what you said; If you want to rejoin the project then say it instead of scary people away.

20. Varine

Varine

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not scaring people away, I'm telling you what you need to do if you want to get anywhere very fast: get your shit together so you look a little more competent. I don't know what needs to be done or what is done, if anything, and as far as I can see you don't either because there aren't any completion lists. Or anything to give someone an idea as to how progress is, for that matter. It's not that hard. Fuck, I'll do it if you give me a list of people and their roles on the project and how to contact them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.