Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft IV - Possibilies?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Vermelhin, Mar 10, 2011.

1. commoe

commoe

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's still alot of projects.

2. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, unless they get even more workers (Almost 4000 workers right now, no kidding), then I suppose it could be worked on earlier, especially if somebody convinces them about the profits and benefits to the Warcraft community/storyline.
    So yeah, I'll keep believing that Warcraft III would survive, at least till Warcraft IV is released, then yeah, there'll be even more players on both games:)

3. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    For a millionth time... no one ever said there will be war4 at all. Titan is not war4. Why do you keep on mentioning that name?

4. Edhel-dur

Edhel-dur

Resources:
    Resources:
    The topic is named Warcraft IV, it is written by and for people who wish to express their desire, hopes, dreams, of the continuation of the francise. You can say it for the 10th millionth time, your message does not match the subject of this post, nor does it interest the people for whom this thread is for.

That's how I got over this. I know it's stupid but what can you do ? At the end of the day they have their hopes, and I have my 3 minutes of life not wasted on explaining to them why their hopes are to high (one would say...).

5. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ^ That's right I dont care what they wanna do, they are no one to me, that I should care about. In fact, I will just make sure to avoid any war3 related topics...

6. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't see why you're so convinced there won't be a WC IV. Seems extremely plausible to me. Might take a while, but it'll come.

7. PROXY

PROXY

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    ^ Totally agree with Gilles.

Everyone says there is no way to continue Warcraft story, never thought about telling the past instead of getting further into the future? I mean, WoW Has taken the job of continuing the story, Wc4 could simple play in a period before Wc:OaH.

8. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ^ It would kill the game melee-wise. And let's not forget the game is an RTS as in the primary purpose of the game is its melee form and THEN mapmaking and modding. This little important detail is forgotten a lot lately including by Dotaers. When SC2 became nearly a BW copy, was important to maintain the same game. One could expect war4 is supposed to have the 4 races. If it were to go back to before war3, where there were just 2 races, it would kill the gaming... So I dont think a prelude of war3 would be made because of that. The approach to make a new game before a previous is common like another company did with MK9 for example and MKA connection. But unless they think of a good reason to keep the 4 races not add or exlcude another, I dont think so.

You said yourself some there, war3 isn't very balanced. I would say it rather is but the success is not as big as in Broodwar. So has a little bit of imbalance. I could guess the fact that they had to balance 4 races. More races than that? So not gonna happen, this is not HoMM 3 plus the reasons I mentioned above about preserving the game.

9. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Let's read some game marketing 101.

1. A game sells if it is good
    2. A fully understandable and expandable lore is what makes a game good.
    3. You don't present a game that presents lore that is already known and expanded to the very end.
    4. You don't do cliche stuff. Just no. Pure fail game.
    5. If a sequel goes back into time, it is likely that it will fail, unless there is space for more lore.
    6. A game is set to stop when there is nothing to continue, or the lore is finalized, or the public doesn't show enough interest in it, or it is succeeded by a game that starts off where the previous ended, usually with a change in category(strategy to rpg, rpg to action, strategy to action, and so on).

And seriously, if wow stops production, Warcraft will end. And starcraft is not going to be an mmorpg, the public hasn't shown much interest in it(world of starcraft, watch some blizzcon 2009 or 2010 videos, don't remember which of the two).

10. Edhel-dur

Edhel-dur

Resources:
    Resources:
    At one point yes.

In the meanwhile SC2 offers the same features WC3 offers... I am reffering to mapmaking, ladder, strategy game and such. Sure the gameplay is different yet... similar. By this I mean to say that WC4 will not be anywhere close to the last release of SC2 LOV. After some good years since SC2 will be fully launched with all it's expansions, after Blizzard will have enough time to learn something of the SC2 experience, it's when they will start to work on WC4. Those are at least 5 years from now on.

I really do not see the point in debating what might happen for a francise over the next 5 years. That's my point, and that's what's happening now.

I do not trust Blizzard to keep their word that the Warcraft francise will end with WoW. But in their bussiness model is pretty clear... they would rather release smaller content packs but more often (expansions...) rather than full release games. On this bussiness model it results that WC4 is nowhere near. At least 5 years from now on will take untill WC4 will be announced... but I believe even 8-10 years easy.

So again, I repeat, I see no reason to talk over the release of a product which might or might not happen in the next 5 years. By then some of us will be married and even have kids !

11. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Beyond Good and Evil, Shadow of the Colossus, Shenmue, Psychonauts, and plenty of other games disagree. :p

12. harmjanz

harmjanz

Resources:
    Resources:
    what about if they use the bloody warhammer idea... get permissions for it, and make a warhammer game(not 40k, but the original) there are lots of races, lots of asskicking and definately posible rpg making... these companys dont get that the only way they can get brilliant ideas is by steeling them. let the companies work together...: "a bad artist copies a good artist steels" or something

13. Cataclysmic

Cataclysmic

Resources:
    Resources:
    If Wc4 Comes out, it wont continue the current timeline. Not with WoW hanging around anyway. It would be intresting if it was about the war of the ancients... or some other stuff that happened before WC3. Plausible... but we'll have to wait.

14. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe it'll be about the years after Warcraft III (Or WoW, for that matter), that way the lore could actually redeem itself with something as epic as before, along with the RTS feel.

15. Vunjo

Vunjo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    When I read the title of this thread, first thing that crossed my mind was "Not gonna happen".

16. harmjanz

harmjanz

Resources:
    Resources:
    they have WoW, but they could make the same story in wc4... who cares... they also replayed some of the wc3 lore in WOW, so y not take the WoW story, and begin with cataclysm story, just the same stuff... and anyway i am not after the story... most people will be after the gameplay, multiplayer and mapeditor(if there is a good one)..

17. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Where ._.?

18. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    For me, it's kinda a yes for a Warcraft IV.
    Because I remember them speculating in a BlizzCon about making another RTS to continue the Warcraft series, just that it's under consideration.

19. BlackArmsShadow

BlackArmsShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    Their plan might go something like this : StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm > Next WoW Exp. > Diablo III > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void > Final WoW Exp. > WarCraft IV.

20. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    hm... but HotS, WoW exp and D3 are all currently under dev so I guess that should be an equal sign... and maybe LotV and WoW 5th will be at the same timeframe too...