• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft IV - Possibilies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
what about if they use the bloody warhammer idea... get permissions for it, and make a warhammer game(not 40k, but the original) there are lots of races, lots of asskicking and definately posible rpg making... these companys dont get that the only way they can get brilliant ideas is by steeling them. let the companies work together...: "a bad artist copies a good artist steels" or something

Level 2
If Wc4 Comes out, it wont continue the current timeline. Not with WoW hanging around anyway. It would be intresting if it was about the war of the ancients... or some other stuff that happened before WC3. Plausible... but we'll have to wait.

Level 19
Maybe it'll be about the years after Warcraft III (Or WoW, for that matter), that way the lore could actually redeem itself with something as epic as before, along with the RTS feel.

Level 5
they have WoW, but they could make the same story in wc4... who cares... they also replayed some of the wc3 lore in WOW, so y not take the WoW story, and begin with cataclysm story, just the same stuff... and anyway i am not after the story... most people will be after the gameplay, multiplayer and mapeditor(if there is a good one)..

Level 19
For me, it's kinda a yes for a Warcraft IV.
Because I remember them speculating in a BlizzCon about making another RTS to continue the Warcraft series, just that it's under consideration.

Level 6
Their plan might go something like this : StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm > Next WoW Exp. > Diablo III > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void > Final WoW Exp. > WarCraft IV.

Level 19
Blizzard did mention about a possibility of a new Warcraft RTS, so yep, I'm sure Blizzard could do it.
They have many games right now and kinda the good technology to create one, so yep, I'm confident of it in the coming years:)

PS: Maybe it'll be after SC2 or during its release.

Level 12
as they said
wc4 for graphics > move to sc2, or make a map with all custom models
wc4 for history > it cant cuz it crashes on WoW history

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
Actually, judging only by story, there can be Warcraft 4, because it is a known fact that WoW has different story, so, if Blizzard will make a story, then it will continue based on Warcraft 3!

Level 11
Actually, judging only by story, there can be Warcraft 4, because it is a known fact that WoW has different story, so, if Blizzard will make a story, then it will continue based on Warcraft 3!

I didn't knew that...lol... So then, warcraft 4 could have a chance of being made...Considering Blizzard also is up for it because as far as i know they are working on diablo 3, and updating WoW with new patches and the 4th expansion

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
True, 4. expansion of wow is coming (OMFG THAT'S ONLY CAUSE OF FUCKING KIDS WITH NO FUTURE!).

Few differences in WoW story and Warcraft 3 Story:
-Muradin Bronzebeard is alive.
-Illidan Stormrage is alive.
-Every damn fag is alive.

'Nuff said?

Level 14
Hahaahaha... why Blizzard should create Warcraft 4?! If there are around 10 programmers that love Warcraft 3 more than we do - then they are capable of creating War 4...

Well... if the menu is changed, the whole layout of the menus in the game, the textures and models and the heroes' spells - maybe WE can create War4 (who knows...). The hive can create both models and spells... Maybe someone can change the menus... And there - with some final touches we will have Warcraft 4. (well... the story will be different problem :D who knows what it can be...)

Everyone knows that Blizzard wont upgrade War3... (i don't think its legal to create a game this way, but i just give an idea...) That's what i think! :)

Level 11
Hahaahaha... why Blizzard should create Warcraft 4?! If there are around 10 programmers that love Warcraft 3 more than we do - then they are capable of creating War 4...

Well... if the menu is changed, the whole layout of the menus in the game, the textures and models and the heroes' spells - maybe WE can create War4 (who knows...). The hive can create both models and spells... Maybe someone can change the menus... And there - with some final touches we will have Warcraft 4. (well... the story will be different problem :D who knows what it can be...)

Everyone knows that Blizzard wont upgrade War3... (i don't think its legal to create a game this way, but i just give an idea...) That's what i think! :)

It will still use the warcraft 3 platform and posibly the graphics...

Level 11
@Dynamiczx - i don't think that PROGRAMMERS can not make the graphics better... idk, maybe i am wrong. :?

@Vunjo - ill try to find one... :D

You are right, they can, but i said it is posible it will have the same graphics as i assume it will be a hard job for improving them and only uber programmers would be able to do it

Thought i still hope to see a map or campaign or mod which actually overhauls the gameplay and graphics of warcraft 3 making it look like warcraft 4

Level 19
Although Blizzard did mention a bit about a Warcraft RTS continuation (A.K.A Warcraft IV) in the future, so yeah it's a possibility now.

{EDIT}
That is possible, considering it would give them a profit and hardly any expenses, although we'll need to factor their goodwill as they usually have a rather good way of making RTS games so we'll need to do it well enough to not tarnish their RTS reputation.

It's still ranked top 5, btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.