1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft IV - Possibilies?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Vermelhin, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blizzard would definitely learn from mistakes and implement LAN, I almost not doubt that.

2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    LAN is a feature of the past due to abuse. Almost every game I see nowdays does not support LAN. The reason is because people not willing to buy the game decided to use it as a WAN which defeats the purpose of LAN. As they will use it mostly for WAN gaming, why bother having it so instead they can use the offical internet service.

Do not bring Diablo III into this as that does not have singleplayer or LAN for server security reasons (nothing to do with protection).

3. Quantum

Quantum

Resources:
    Resources:
    Valve should make the Warcraft IV because they have made DotA 2 and i was so surprised by the graphic they have applied. In Warcraft IV i want to have better graphic, bigger map size, jass code in World Editor.

4. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Or Valve could work together with Blizzard for Dota 2 in later development (To work on the copyright stuff), then Blizzard could continue work on Warcraft IV.

5. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Re-invent the whole thing. A total Remake. This already happened with Warcraft 3. I already don't see anything that fighting against night elves in Ashenvale has to do with the battle between humans and orcs in Azeroth from Warcraft 1. The "rich" lore of Warcraft already derailed a lot after the events of Beyond the Dark Portal, so, why don't they derail it even more?

6. commoe

commoe

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just don't see Warcraft 4 happening, tbh. There just isnt anything left to go on regarding story. Everything that happened in the past story was put into books. No story = no game.

7. Foronisus

Foronisus

Resources:
    Resources:
    You know few days ago i bought Starcraft 2 you know its not that bad as you say but really for me WC3 is the best and Starcraft 2 Editor or Galaxy editor is too complicated i love WC3 one is easier to make what you want.Yea with Galaxy editor you can make more things but im sure blizzard will give updates to WE but i love the way WE works i dont know why but WE is 50 x times easier than Galaxy Editor.And yea whats bad at WC3 graphics???.I think the graphic should be a little better and WC4 should continue from the end of Wc3 because if you remember WC3 ended in wow Lich King and Blizzard started from Wow 1 not from Lich King right??? so Blizzad should continue with the campaign where WC3 ended.By the way i love Starcraft 2: Warcraft IV i mean from the videos,pictures.So when the campaign get out play it have fun and wait till WC4 comes out.

8. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe more about the Eredar/Draenei, Kobolds, etc. Or any new races they can implement, the possibilities are endless!
    Oh, and definitely an editor that helps too heh.
    I wouldn't mind if it could be on a platform that somehow links to Warcraft III as well, making all games from there playable on the Warcraft IV engine too.

9. boomwolf

boomwolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    WC4 is entierly possible, what makes you think that the storyline MUST be directly related to that of WC3? it can be a hundred years later, plenty of time for change, and even the events of lategame WOW belong in the past.

So many races are yet to revive a full spotlight, and there is much room for maneuvering with them to create new, exciting stories.

The faceless rise from the caverns with twisted dreams of conquest through mutating everyone into faceless? (not sure if WOW explored that path, but who the hell ARE the faceless, what do they want? where did they come from?)
    The gnoll clans uniting into a massive army (and warcraft lore outright states that they will probably be the strongest force in the world if they unite because there are so freaking many of them, everywhere. how on earth did they spread all over the world without inventing any transportation methonds we KNOW of? there is stuff to see there...)
    New leaders make new alliances that turns the old obsolete? (The elven union? The "Black Legion", an army of paladins and death knights marching as one?, Gnomes and goblins unite to make a mechanized menace?)

So many possibilities, and I'm sure blizzard's writers can think of better stuff then this...

10. Foronisus

Foronisus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Guys wow also didnt told about Dreamland were Malfurion is captured so the campaign maybe be to save Malfurion or something....

11. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blizzard would definitely at least have one of their employees discussing about this after SC2, D3, WoW and Titan upgrade developments.
    So yeah, I'm guessing they'll make sure it has the qualities of Warcraft III, Starcraft II, WoW, Suits games to be made like DotA and will definitely be very incredible.

12. Dynamiczx

Dynamiczx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Or it could be a 100 years earlier than the events of WC1...
    Or maybe it would be an RTS view of WoW....who knows

13. screamza

screamza

Resources:
    Resources:
    i have an idea for warcraft 4, what happened to gilineas, also for the southern kingdoms what happened there would expand wow more too

14. Edhel-dur

Edhel-dur

Resources:
    Resources:
    I lol'd here.

15. skrab

skrab

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  16. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ^ It's the well known SC2 Dota? The painfully known one. And they are saying they are remaking it. When I feel like playing some Dota like game atm I go for Storm of the imperial sanctum (page 1 top, on Europe, you cant miss it). I find it fun to own naps.

17. TheAncient

TheAncient

Resources:
    Resources:
    The main core of Warcraft has been the fantasy setting, story, editor, and custom gaming. The melee isnt capable of competing with other games that much.

The main core of starcraft has been sci-fi setting, story, editor, and MOST of all, ladder. The ladder is incredible.

If they could sit down to making a fantasy setting with those things, with updates and fixes, and new things to play with. you bet warcraft as an RTS would be revived.

IF they can manage to introduce WoW story lines, in a new way that is actually any good, then i wouldnt mind fighting ragnaros or Cthun or some others. But i would expect it to actually be a good story instead of this thrown-together crap. (and for heaven sakes dont make Illidan so incredibly Emo. He wasnt the greatest of heros, but he wasnt as evil as WoW portays him.)

18. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What? Only one of the most watched games on world tournaments when war3 was still alive? Custom gaming was the biggest part - are you living in space? Back in the days everyone who played war3 and that was years before SC2 beta, it was either lots of melee or Dota idk what the fck you're talking about.

The sc2 ladder sucks, it is so irrelevant in skill and promotion, it also matches you same race 15 times in a row. But I guess we're stuck with it.

19. Edhel-dur

Edhel-dur

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wc3 was popular but quite imbalanced as a competitive game.

Here is a very simple situation of imbalance in Wc3... Night Elf vs Orc situation... Night Elf has archers... Orc has Blademaster... if Blademaster is lucky and does Windwalk hit + melee crit = dead archer... if Blademaster is unlucky, it's Windwalk hit + meele hit + meele hit = dead archer. Furthermore all wc3 units have a range of damage values, e.g.: 10-20. Also the item drops from creeps... you are playing Human, you have an Archmage and you found a tome of agility... oh yeah!

Sc:BW was popular and balanced as a competitive game.

Why ? Because the damage value of units were static. The only random number aspect in that game were the spawn locations, lol. Otherwise, all the races were very balanced.

20. Chucky

Chucky

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Please read the Warcraft lore and then please comment.