1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft IV: Crown of Quel'Thalas

Submitted by Power107
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
A sequel of Warcraft III. This campaign ignores all World of Warcraft lore-including the Chronicle-and uses the RTS lore. Command Kael's forces as they face their enemies...
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

1) For patches 1.26/1.27 or older move the campaign into your Warcraft III/Campaigns folder.
2) For later patches move the campaign into your My Documents/Warcraft 3/Campaigns folder.
3) Play the campaign!

[​IMG]

After the terrible duel with Arthas ended: Lord Illidan fell--but this is unknown to his followers except for the Naga due to their adept scouting skills. Following Illidan's fall, Arthas successfully merged with his predecessor to form: the ultimate hand of death and decay. Further to this--for an unknown reason, the naga have vanished.
<--+-->
Eight hours later, Prince Kael was still waiting for the scout he sent in order to find the wretched fate of Lord Illidan...

[​IMG]

-> Blizzard style campaign.
-> 12 epic maps; 5 cinematics.
-> Play with 3 unique heroes.
-> New spells, items and units.
-> A unique story-line, you have never seen a similar one before in any custom campaign.
-> Infinite custom models, icons, skins and effects.
-> Easter eggs.
-> An unofficial sequel of Warcraft III where you witness the origin of the Fourth War.

[​IMG]
[​IMG] Prince Kael'thas is the Patriarch of the Blood Elves. Kael's primary aim is to locate the Sunwell's alternative. His magical spells are more destructive than floods, volcanoes and plagues.
[​IMG] Sylvanas Windrunner is the Banshee Queen of the Forsaken...Sylvanas once used a single arrow to stun Arthas. She is perhaps one of the strongest undead on Azeroth.
[​IMG] Kel'Thuzad is the Second-in-Command of the Undead Scourge. It's unknown where he was while Sylvanas was fighting the dreadlords. The moment for his return has arrived.
[​IMG] Varimathras is an elite Dreadlord--after killing Balnazzar his powers multiplied. With these powers will he still serve Sylvanas? Will he conquer Azeroth with these powers? Time will tell!
[​IMG] The Prophet is a powerful being accomplishing an unknown mission. He played a major role during the Third War. No one witnessed him after Archimonde's ascent. It is unknown where he is and what he is doing.

[​IMG]
SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

[​IMG]
CHANGELOG

v1.0.6
1.0.6 Patch Notes:
  • Kael's Fan of Flames is buffed. Shorter cooldown and more damage.
  • Two new units. No spoilers--to find out who they are just download the campaign and find out!

v1.0.5
1.0.5 Patch Notes:
  • AI in chapter 1 will no longer move back.
  • In the first interlude, the blood effect appears when Sylvanas is injured. Can't find any better alternative than death animation. Tried to make her kneel but it looks worse.
  • The blood elf emissary had 5 lines in one of his dialogues. Decided to divide it into parts. Still, it's long, he speaks a lot. But this is not a problem because long dialogue exists in Macbeth, SC BW, Diablo 2 and also Warcraft 3.

v1.0.4
1.0.4 Patch Notes:
  • In Chapter 2, I have added a new easter egg.
  • Shi'Raaj's buff will no longer say 'tooltip missing'.
  • Loading screen text for the last interlude updated.

v1.0.3
1.0.3 Patch Notes:
  • In Chapter 3 "Torment of the Forsaken", the ending cutscene now shows the content which I forgot to implement.
  • In Chapter 4 "Reunion", the quest which asks you to build a base is no longer optional.
  • Power generator model changed.
  • Backpack upgrade tooltip will now say 'Blood Elves' instead of "Humans".
  • Flags for Trolls added in Chapter 4.
  • New unit: Bolt Thrower. More to come.

v1.0.2
1.0.2 Patch Notes:
  • The player is shown a message at the beginning explaining the issues caused by patch 1.29+ widescreen support.
  • Gargoyle problem solved for "Day of the Dreadlord".
  • Quest requirement for the optional quest "Dreadlord" changed.
  • Bugfix: you no longer get two Blood Mages and Vashjs after skipping the cutscene in last mission.
  • Bugfix: Kael can get all his spells at level 10.
  • Blood Elf banner added.
  • Final boss nerfed.
  • Goldmine issues fixed.
  • Updated credits.
  • Upcoming: Techtree changes such as new units and changes to Chapter 1.

v1.0.1
1.0.1 Patch Notes:
  • Chapter 1 loading screen will show the player that wc3 manual is the source of authority instead of WoW Chronicle for this campaign.
  • Grammer issue fixed: "Why will" -> "Why did"

v1.0.0 RELEASE
1.0.0 Release Patch Notes:
  • All missions are now available.
  • The campaign can be downloaded from the Hive Workshop's Maps section.
  • Key image added: Kael in Quel'Thalas.
  • Two new music tracks.
  • Kael's trusted servant will now have the classic model again.
  • Changes to terrain based on community feedback.
  • And some changes I don't remember.

PROGRESS

Story - DONE
Direction - DONE
Custom Unit Data - DONE
Custom Ability Data - DONE
Custom Item Data - DONE
Custom Imports - DONE
Level Design - DONE
Alpha Testing - DONE
Beta Testing - DONE

Known Issues:

-> The last two chapters need to be updated to patch 1.30.4.
-> Second interlude will not work on patches 1.24 to 1.28. If you want to play on the patches mentioned before, please ask me to give you an older version of the campaign which is backward compatible.

Why did I publish a Warcraft III custom campaign after Refunded release?

1) I want to make a one-man indie video game. A lot of the skills needed to make this game are needed to make a wc3 custom campaign so to improve these skills--eg story writing--I made this campaign. This will accumulate my chances of making a good game.

2) I always wanted to make a wc3 custom campaign after I played the "Rise of the Lich King" one. "Warcraft IV: Crown of Quel'Thalas" campaign made my dream a reality!

3) Its a tradition to make a Warcraft III map before making a video game. Examples include LoL, Dota 2 and GunGirl.

Please post any bugs, suggestions and tips!
Contents

Warcraft IV: Crown of Quel'Thalas (Campaign)

Reviews
Paillan
First, a word of apology, I've taken waaay too long to post this review, and that's because the campaign is a slog (for me). I'll explain more in depth. Second, this is a partial review. I'll break this down by maps once again First map Besides the...
  1. azraeldestiny

azraeldestiny

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks, install the version you recommended using my original Keys CD (I have the games bought in 2005)

But when installing the new patch, no custom campaign appears. In this game version, does that folder have another name?

[​IMG]

EDIT: Thank you very much, I already found the error (put campaign folder in documents)

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  2. rahul12

rahul12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Will it work in my 1.29 version ??

3. rahul12

rahul12

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Power107 can you give me previous version of this game so that I can download that...I have 1.27 version and last 2 Mission is not working well...

Also why item dropping is so low when I kill big bosses on the map ??

And this campaign is too hard, I have ever played...

Isn't there option to choose difficulty level ??

4. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    [Campaign] - Warcraft® IV: Crown of Quel'Thalas™ [RELEASE]
    Because the campaign is still a work in progress as beta testing was not done. Other than me only 2 people tested it, that's it.
    At the moment you can use the 'whosyourdaddy' cheat.

5. rahul12

rahul12

Resources:
    Resources:
    So is there only 2 chapters only available now ??

Because after completing 2nd chapter, the game was over for me and suddenly main menu screen appear

6. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, all chapters are available. The campaign only ends after 2nd chapter if you play the campaign on patches 1.24 to 1.28.

7. Againstallodds

Againstallodds

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really didnt like this campaign.
    I actually stopped playing it and this is the 1st time i drop a campaign.
    I think i made it to chapter 5.
    Its not because of the difficulty but because it pays attention to all the wrong things for me.
    Quests are dull or badly constructed. The maps are randomly created with no real route to follow and
    a lot of other small things that i find tiring explaing them.
    I ll give a small example though but i will keep it short.
    Chapter3
    Half of the map is unexplorable and even if i can explore it with the goblin provided
    i find no reason to do so. Sylvanas base should be the last of the undead bases that i manage to encounter
    but because i have to "kill the troll quest" and especially because the other camps dont attack me or pose a real threat, i chose to kill sylvanas 1st.
    So the rest of the map is actually procuderal. Sylvanas is overpowered by all means but her army is weak.
    And in the cinematic following kael kills her with a strike while she can own his ass every time.
    I think this is an objective critisism. I also think that Kael as presented, is an asshole (i dont mind assholes but he could be a likeable asshole). AAnyway this last part is subjective critisism because i didnt stick around to find out wht happens in the end.
    In conclusion, I will not rate this.
    I always rate when i finish something so i strongly believe that it is not within my right to do so.
    One man's opinion. Thats all

8. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Againstallodds Thanks, for the feedback. The campaign is currently in open beta phase.
    This doesn't happen. She is put into a passive state for some time; Kael does this to free her from Variamthras' grasp.
    Later, after the events of this campaign, she will be back with free will.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  9. rahul12

rahul12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok thanks..So link you shared above will work on my 1.27 version

All chapters will be available in that link ?

10. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, all chapters are available. And this will work.

11. Leods

Leods

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's great, just i am to bad for the 2nd level. Sylvanas is unstopabble.

12. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the feedback, Sylvanas is getting a nerf hammer in the next patch.

13. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    First, a word of apology, I've taken waaay too long to post this review, and that's because the campaign is a slog (for me). I'll explain more in depth.
    Second, this is a partial review.

I'll break this down by maps once again

First map
    Besides the fact that enemies might randomly bug and return to their base, nothing of note here, sometimes if you skip the cinematic you'll own a random naga building. Overall a very simple defend map.

Second map
    a very weird layout with a lot of portals and going around the entire map. The first forsaken attack might kill you if you aren't careful, and the second one is a bit to close to the first for my taste, but I managed to pull it off. Attackers might still randomly run.

Third map
    You still start housed when the forsaken attack, which led me to loose many times. beyond that once you defeat all forsaken forces it's pretty easy. Attackers run less ofter somehow...?

Fourth map
    Long ass cinematic filled with useless percentages and data is still long and useless. There's really no need to go into so much detail about why kael is so largely outnumbered, since it's pretty obvious why when the giant undead army is shown. Oh and spellbook's cleanse is not available because it's not researched. fix that one. Attackers don't run at all.

Some special word around this map. I really, really really don't like how it's constructed. I feel like the naga part should be played out in open waters trying to invade the island were the generator is, fighting the undead navy, and not in a tiny lake were the use of naga's being basically boats that attack is mostly meaningless. But then again that would cut the forsaken part with Kael a lot, and I understand that Kael needs to do something, being the main character and all...

Fifth map
    Currently stuck on this one because the creeps are on steroids. seriously, why are there two infernals AND an eredar diabolist before the gate? I barely defeated those. Then later you need to puch into an undead base with an incredibly buffed Kelthuzad... if you are going to give the player so much challenge at least give him more units.

Overall I can't really say I am a fan of the story at all, which is why the campaign has been a bit hard for me to play. I am just not interested in any of the characters and the incredible long interludes do not help with this. But that's just me, someone might find the story worthwhile, I just review mechanics and gameplay.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  14. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have released a hotfix to fix some recently reported problems such as the power of Sylvanas and Kel'Thuzad.
    @Paillan Thanks for the review. It contains fair feedback.
    The Naga building, which is destroyed by zombies, is intentional. For me, that building also appears if the cinematic is not skipped.
    Finally, I have nerfed Sylvanas. It will be fine now, her crit was very strong.
    Originally, the cinematics were meant to be like 2018 Reforged Culling one. But Blizzard decided to cut that feature so now interludes will be some characters having a chat without doing any actions...This is boring to watch, especially when there is no voice acting.
    Thanks, it's fixed.
    I am adding a mechanic to make sure the player can only destroy Sylvanas' base after destroying the other two.
    You have played more than 70% of the campaign already. I know some groups of people who cant enjoy the story, maybe you are one of these:
    A) They find reading dialogues boring as the interludes and cutscenes are bland, there is very less action or animation and all characters are so small. They don't even move their lips while speaking.
    B) Due to the knowledge of WoW lore, a lot of people will not accept the campaign's story.
    C) People who are not good at English, so they can't understand what words such as 'valor', 'vanguard' and 'assertion' means...or they find it challenging to read walls of text.
    D) Sylvanas lovers from WoW.
    E) My campaign requires knowledge of wc3 and tft official campaigns' story, if you don't have it then you don't understand the campaign.
    F) They just don't like it.

Again, thanks for the review. It was helpful and precise.:peasant-thumbs-up:

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  15. EliteArbither343

EliteArbither343

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't open the interlude after the second mission, do you have any idea why? maybe because my game is in version 1.26?

16. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Tbh for me the main issue is that Kael is for some reason this incredible important character, so much so that he made the guardian break the promise he made at the end of wc3 to never show up again. I feel it's poorly justified... it also breaks the character of medivh in my opinion.
    Your take on the legion and it's power struggles was actually much more interesting to me.
    Even the crown of quelthalas thing is somewhat believable, yet I can't really see Kael as this super important chosen one.
    I have no love for sylvanas since in my eyes she should had stayed dead after wrath so I don't really care.
    I guess the takeaway is that I don't really like Kael.

17. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes. To play on 1.26 you need this:
    [Campaign] - Warcraft® IV: Crown of Quel'Thalas™ [RELEASE]
    At the moment, Kael hasn't done anything big so it doesn't make sense for Medivh to come to Azeroth just for Kael. You are right here.
    Later on, in this campaign, Kael will prove to be very useful for Medivh and extremely harmful for the Legion; this will justify Medivh's return by showing why Kael is the chosen.