1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft IV: Crown of Quel'Thalas

Submitted by Power107
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
A sequel of Warcraft III. This campaign ignores all World of Warcraft lore-including the Chronicle-and uses the RTS lore. Command Kael's forces as they face their enemies...
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

1) For patches 1.26/1.27 or older move the campaign into your Warcraft III/Campaigns folder.
2) For later patches move the campaign into your My Documents/Warcraft 3/Campaigns folder.
3) Play the campaign!

[​IMG]

After the terrible duel with Arthas ended: Lord Illidan fell--but this is unknown to his followers except for the Naga due to their adept scouting skills. Following Illidan's fall, Arthas successfully merged with his predecessor to form: the ultimate hand of death and decay. Further to this--for an unknown reason, the naga have vanished.
<--+-->
Eight hours later, Prince Kael was still waiting for the scout he sent in order to find the wretched fate of Lord Illidan...

[​IMG]

-> Blizzard style campaign.
-> 12 epic maps; 5 cinematics.
-> Play with 3 unique heroes.
-> New spells, items and units.
-> A unique story-line, you have never seen a similar one before in any custom campaign.
-> Infinite custom models, icons, skins and effects.
-> Easter eggs.
-> An unofficial sequel of Warcraft III where you witness the origin of the Fourth War.

[​IMG]
[​IMG] Prince Kael'thas is the Patriarch of the Blood Elves. Kael's primary aim is to locate the Sunwell's alternative. His magical spells are more destructive than floods, volcanoes and plagues.
[​IMG] Sylvanas Windrunner is the Banshee Queen of the Forsaken...Sylvanas once used a single arrow to stun Arthas. She is perhaps one of the strongest undead on Azeroth.
[​IMG] Kel'Thuzad is the Second-in-Command of the Undead Scourge. It's unknown where he was while Sylvanas was fighting the dreadlords. The moment for his return has arrived.
[​IMG] Varimathras is an elite Dreadlord--after killing Balnazzar his powers multiplied. With these powers will he still serve Sylvanas? Will he conquer Azeroth with these powers? Time will tell!
[​IMG] The Prophet is a powerful being accomplishing an unknown mission. He played a major role during the Third War. No one witnessed him after Archimonde's ascent. It is unknown where he is and what he is doing.

[​IMG]
SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

[​IMG]
CHANGELOG

v1.0.6
1.0.6 Patch Notes:
  • Kael's Fan of Flames is buffed. Shorter cooldown and more damage.
  • Two new units. No spoilers--to find out who they are just download the campaign and find out!

v1.0.5
1.0.5 Patch Notes:
  • AI in chapter 1 will no longer move back.
  • In the first interlude, the blood effect appears when Sylvanas is injured. Can't find any better alternative than death animation. Tried to make her kneel but it looks worse.
  • The blood elf emissary had 5 lines in one of his dialogues. Decided to divide it into parts. Still, it's long, he speaks a lot. But this is not a problem because long dialogue exists in Macbeth, SC BW, Diablo 2 and also Warcraft 3.

v1.0.4
1.0.4 Patch Notes:
  • In Chapter 2, I have added a new easter egg.
  • Shi'Raaj's buff will no longer say 'tooltip missing'.
  • Loading screen text for the last interlude updated.

v1.0.3
1.0.3 Patch Notes:
  • In Chapter 3 "Torment of the Forsaken", the ending cutscene now shows the content which I forgot to implement.
  • In Chapter 4 "Reunion", the quest which asks you to build a base is no longer optional.
  • Power generator model changed.
  • Backpack upgrade tooltip will now say 'Blood Elves' instead of "Humans".
  • Flags for Trolls added in Chapter 4.
  • New unit: Bolt Thrower. More to come.

v1.0.2
1.0.2 Patch Notes:
  • The player is shown a message at the beginning explaining the issues caused by patch 1.29+ widescreen support.
  • Gargoyle problem solved for "Day of the Dreadlord".
  • Quest requirement for the optional quest "Dreadlord" changed.
  • Bugfix: you no longer get two Blood Mages and Vashjs after skipping the cutscene in last mission.
  • Bugfix: Kael can get all his spells at level 10.
  • Blood Elf banner added.
  • Final boss nerfed.
  • Goldmine issues fixed.
  • Updated credits.
  • Upcoming: Techtree changes such as new units and changes to Chapter 1.

v1.0.1
1.0.1 Patch Notes:
  • Chapter 1 loading screen will show the player that wc3 manual is the source of authority instead of WoW Chronicle for this campaign.
  • Grammer issue fixed: "Why will" -> "Why did"

v1.0.0 RELEASE
1.0.0 Release Patch Notes:
  • All missions are now available.
  • The campaign can be downloaded from the Hive Workshop's Maps section.
  • Key image added: Kael in Quel'Thalas.
  • Two new music tracks.
  • Kael's trusted servant will now have the classic model again.
  • Changes to terrain based on community feedback.
  • And some changes I don't remember.

PROGRESS

Story - DONE
Direction - DONE
Custom Unit Data - DONE
Custom Ability Data - DONE
Custom Item Data - DONE
Custom Imports - DONE
Level Design - DONE
Alpha Testing - DONE
Beta Testing - DONE

Known Issues:

-> The last two chapters need to be updated to patch 1.30.4.
-> Second interlude will not work on patches 1.24 to 1.28. If you want to play on the patches mentioned before, please ask me to give you an older version of the campaign which is backward compatible.

Why did I publish a Warcraft III custom campaign after Refunded release?

1) I want to make a one-man indie video game. A lot of the skills needed to make this game are needed to make a wc3 custom campaign so to improve these skills--eg story writing--I made this campaign. This will accumulate my chances of making a good game.

2) I always wanted to make a wc3 custom campaign after I played the "Rise of the Lich King" one. "Warcraft IV: Crown of Quel'Thalas" campaign made my dream a reality!

3) Its a tradition to make a Warcraft III map before making a video game. Examples include LoL, Dota 2 and GunGirl.

Please post any bugs, suggestions and tips!
Contents

Warcraft IV: Crown of Quel'Thalas (Campaign)

Reviews
Paillan
First, a word of apology, I've taken waaay too long to post this review, and that's because the campaign is a slog (for me). I'll explain more in depth. Second, this is a partial review. I'll break this down by maps once again First map Besides the...
  1. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    The campaign is out. I will accept any criticism and won't lose my mind unless it's unconstructive or unfair. If you give feedback then please give evidence, which can be a reference, for example, "the water in chapter 5 looks like slime". Currently, the latest wc3 patches are not supporting the custom campaigns so I am fine with my campaign sitting on PENDING while Blizzard is trying to add custom campaigns to wc3.

1.0.0 Release Patch Notes:
    • All missions are now available.
    • The campaign can be downloaded from the Hive Workshop's Maps section.
    • Key image added: Kael in Quel'Thalas.
    • Two new music tracks.
    • Kael's trusted servant will now have the classic model again.
    • Changes to terrain based on community feedback.
    • And some changes I don't remember.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  2. Morris

Morris

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just downloaded this and started playing
    Looks promising
    Fingers crossed

3. gaurdian of the flame

gaurdian of the flame

Resources:
    Resources:
    i didn't expect that you have finish the campaign this fast or this is a beta version

4. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have been developing this since 2016 so I am slow, not fast :)
    Yes, this is a release version as the beta is over. All missions are available.

5. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Reserved for Review. Will take some time.

6. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I shall start giving my review

Chapter One
    "Why did they abandon us..." rather than "Why will they abandon us..." The naga have already abandoned them.
    -Given their current allegiance and what transpired before, it makes no sense for Kael's base to have Lordaeron banners
    -What is the point of the Optional Quest if it turns out to be false and we don't receieve any reward for completing it?
    -I would suggest incresing the gold amount of our goldmine. When the timer reached 10 minutes, it already had less than 5,000 gold.

Interlude:
    -Ok. I don't get this cinematic:
    --Kael's adviser says too much stuff for me to read it and properly process it.
    --The dreadlords somehow corrupted Sargeras? How is that even possible?
    --They want to 'dominate' the Scourge? Don't they mean defeat it?
    --Why is Kael so resentful towards Sylvanas? Sylvanas defended Silvermoon till her last breath (while he was away) and then fought against her own will for the Lich King. Sylvanas is no Dar'Khan Drathir!
    --The cinematic itself is weird. The Blood Elves and Forsaken start fighting, and the Blood Elves masssacre the Forsaken. However Sylvanas still keeps talking after being killed and like if they never fought to begin with, and later we see her standing next at the iron gate.

7. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    that burns

8. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just pretend its Sindorei banners. I will try to find custom models and add them in the next update.
    I think the quest requirement is false. Its should just be to "explore nearby zones". The reward for the opt quest is the gold and xp you get from killing stuff.
    I will consider it.
    I will break it down in later update.
    Warcraft 3 Manual.
    Synonyms.
    She invaded Silvermoon after Arthas killed her. She is still undead not an elf anymore.
    She is not killed, she starts speaking about Silvermoon so they stop and listen to her. She and the Forsaken are weakened by Varimatras that's why they got massacred. And I think you forgot to read the knows issues list as you complained when you saw Sylvanas standing next to the gate it's because of the widescreen Blizz added in patch 1.29.
    Yes.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  9. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok. That makes sense.

Well, that is kind of an overstatement. The dreadlords didn't affect Sargeras directly, but rather what they were doing to entire planets is what planted the seeds of doubt and madness into Sargeras' mind.

But now, with the Chronicles books, they have changed the reason why Sargeras turned evil, so that is why I was a bit confused.

Ok, understood.

10. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Honestly, I wanted to be nice by assuming Blizzard is adding CC to Reforged. Contextually, I was successful because the internet is full of memes that insult Blizzard 100 times more.
    I had a different interpretation than you as:
    The manual says "their[dreadlords']corruption affected him deeply". Manipulation is a synonym of corruption. So I thought Dreadlords used some manipulation magic to make Sargeras mad.

11. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    first
    curse you for making me dig up my book and read

second
    the sentence just before the one you quoted talks of "manipulation of nations" by the dreadlords, not the manipulation of sargeras him self
    at the begining of the same paragraph it sates "as his confusion and depression deepened." showing he was already showing signs of distress of the previos creatures "corruption and all-consuming evil" (the eradar)
    the next paragraph talks of how sargeras's own "raging doubt and despair that overwhelmed his senses" lead to his change of ways not from the corruption of dreadlords

while the dreadlord to use such powers at the main tools, they never used it on sargeras in either source of lore

while a person manipulating can lead to thier own corruption
    and you can manipulate some one into them seeming corrupt,
    they are not synonymous to each other and CAN NOT be simply swaped out for each other, theres no source any where in the world that these 2 words are synonyms

third
    screenshots look beautiful, hope blizzard gives us reforged custom campaigns sooner than later, this campaign is first in line to be played come that day

12. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Look for the second meaning and its synonyms:
    corruption def - Google-Suche
    EDIT:
    Sorry spoilers:
    I agree with most of your post but the good thing is that still, I am safe because the source of all that stuff "Dreadlords corrupted Sargeras" is Varimathras who is a dreadlord himself.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  13. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    that second definition is specficly speaking of the corruption/manipulation of a word, not one being corrupted

that source is oxford btw here is the link to the entire page
    Corruption | Definition of Corruption by Lexico under number 2

the form we are using here is 1 or 3 (i think mostly 3)

always check your sources, Google is NOT a souce, google finds you sources

14. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry, I rushed that.
    I also edited my previous post so please look at the changes.

15. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    i did look at that and was just about to edit my most recent post but ill put it here

i wont hound you since the source you use is considered outdated, and being outdated has plenty of gaps

but while varimathras is a dreadlord theres no mention of him having anything to do with sargeras with in the manual
    sargeras's 2 lieutenants where kiljaden and archimonde
    kiljaiden had control of the dreadlords
    given the power difference between sargeras and varimathras, varimathras had nothing over sargeras, and was unlikly part of the invasion of sargeras on the dreadlords "home"

so some one who has far greater lore knowledge pre WC 1 2 3, may come to bite

SIDE NOTE: in case you dont want to buy a chronicle, (which is sure parts are now outdated as well) wowpedia keeps all there information as updated as possible (for future endevours)

16. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    He is 'making this up'.
    Varimathras is not honest here and he confirms that through his monologue/soliloquy.

17. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    he who?
    and
    this what?

18. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Varimathras tells the blood elves that he is using the same magical spell to corrupt the Forsaken that his race used to corrupt Sargeras.
    Edit: He uses shapeshifting for help.

19. Xelos

Xelos

Resources:
    Resources:
    My observation from campaign
    1. mission: Kael is on level 4 or 5 and have 440 life. Enemie lich can easy snipe him with frost nova. Like his first attack, that was a second and Kael is death. Ther is some neutrals creeps you shoul give them items, cos is pointless kill them for nothing.
    interludes: i wil leave this to others,
    2. mission: Sylvanas again can easy snipe Kael + she have critical strike. after this mision i good.
    3. Firts attack is so devastating, first time i lost. Random creep drop item that brings back lost lives (most valuable item for the entire campaign).
    4. My favourite mission, good environment and playing for nagas. i think Kael phoenix spell disappeared
    5. solid mission, you shoul addet more secrets. i think Kael phoenix spell disappeared
    6. ajjja this mission. Abou first blood elf units is always same footmen, archer, sorceress, priest and spellbreaker. after 4 mission start to be little boring form me, but understood to find someting to be same usefull like sorceress, priest and spellbreaker (ultimate comnination, in PvP almost winning combination), Second why human camp have unlimited gold mine 999999999 and my have cca 9000 and naga cca 5000. Biggest broblem about this map is after i accomplish first quest, the second quest wants to kill 20 gargoiles in udeat base( indestructible buildings), but in base is only 10 gargoiles. To finish this mission i must open world editor and see ther is this trigger for end mission.
    7.quite good mission, same you can addet some secrets and custom enemies, cuz always killing almost same demon enemies start little boring me,
    8.final mission, environment good, but creeps..., hmm for example i understood that Varimatras bring some demons to help him(cca 6 dreadlords levet 10 to welcome you) , but what are they doing centaur khans, strom wyrms(barrens), nerubia queen, polar fulborgs (northrend, ice crown) in island ruins ? final boss is overpowered,
    In final i enjoyed playing this campaign.