1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Warcraft IV: Crown of Quel'Thalas (BETA)

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Power107, Feb 15, 2020.

?

Who is your favorite character?

1. Kael

44.4%
  2. Sylvanas

22.2%
  3. Kel'Thuzad

33.3%
  4. Varimathras

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The Prophet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1) For patches 1.26/1.27 or older move the campaign into your Warcraft III/Campaigns folder.
    2) For later patches move the campaign into your My Documents/Warcraft 3/Campaigns folder.
    3) Play the campaign!

[​IMG]

After the terrible duel with Arthas ended: Lord Illidan fell--but this is unknown to his followers except for the Naga due to their adept scouting skills. Following Illidan's fall, Arthas successfully merged with his predecessor to form: the ultimate hand of death and decay. Further to this--for an unknown reason, the naga have vanished.
    <--+-->
    Eight hours later, Prince Kael was still waiting for the scout he sent in order to find the wretched fate of Lord Illidan...

[​IMG]

-> Blizzard style campaign.
    -> 12 epic chapters; 5 interludes.
    -> Play with 3 unique heroes.
    -> New spells, items and units.
    -> A unique story-line, you have never seen a similar one before in any custom campaign.
    -> Infinite custom models, icons, skins and effects
    -> An unofficial sequel of Warcraft III where you witness the origin of the Fourth War.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] Prince Kael'thas is the Patriarch of the Blood Elves. Kael's primary aim is to locate the Sunwell's alternative. His magical spells are more destructive than floods, volcanoes and plagues.
    [​IMG] Sylvanas Windrunner is the Banshee Queen of the Forsaken...Sylvanas once used a single arrow to stun Arthas. She is perhaps one of the strongest undead on Azeroth.
    [​IMG] Kel'Thuzad is the Second-in-Command of the Undead Scourge. It's unknown where he was while Sylvanas was fighting the dreadlords. The moment for his return has arrived.
    [​IMG] Varimathras is an elite Dreadlord--after killing Balnazzar his powers multiplied. With these powers will he still serve Sylvanas? Will he conquer Azeroth with these powers? Time will tell!
    [​IMG] The Prophet is a powerful being accomplishing an unknown mission. He played a major role during the Third War. No one witnessed him after Archimonde's ascent. It is unknown where he is and what he is doing.

[​IMG]
    SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    CHANGELOG
    v1.0.0 RELEASE (Coming Soon)
    v0.5.0 BETA version
    PROGRESS

Story - DONE
    Direction - DONE
    Custom Unit Data - DONE
    Custom Ability Data - DONE
    Custom Item Data - DONE
    Custom Imports - DONE

Level Design - MOSTLY DONE
    Alpha Testing - MOSTLY DONE

Beta Testing - JUST STARTED NOW
    Widescreen Testing for 1.29 Patch - ABOUT TO START

To view the credits of this campaign you must reach the ending but you can view credits for the used resources here:
    To avoid spoilers--this forum thread for the beta will not show resource credits.
    The resource credits show the resource and who created it so this will spoil the experience for you.
    Don't worry they are in my Pastebin at the moment hence you will get them.

Please post any bugs, suggestions and tips!

Attached Files:

2. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    To all of you who have downloaded: Thank you...But I need your feedback. It's my first project so I have some fear; this is why I started the beta as if I am doing something wrong then someone will inform me.
    TLDR, plz give feedback. If you don't find any issues then at least tell me you like it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  3. Abraxiass

Abraxiass

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey @Power107 I played your campaign and I enjoyed, here's my opinion :
    Frist chapter you have a lot of empty space other then defending your base for 30 min you have nothing to do, I'm not map maker but I can suggestion you make a optional quest , like finding a list group of lost blood elves or finding powerful Artifact.
    In second playable chapter, you have again alot of empty space you can add a side mission, like : killing a powerful troll warlord or something like that ,

I personally don't like kaelthas new skin and Icon and in his dialogues he use alot of harsh words, please if you consider it remove Bitch words, also varimathras has a horrible horrible skin , please remove that too ,
    Kael 3rd spell doesn't get upgrade , still 100 mana ,
    As for Alar maybe for making him more unique, he dont get life draining over time , and remove egg from, because of what say of above, and please if it possible improve terrain

This my opinion , hope you find it interesting , good luck.

4. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the constructive feedback. I mostly agree with you. :peasant-thumbs-up:
    I just made the following changes because of your feedback:
    • Varimathras will now use the default skin.
    • Kael's icon is set to the standard one.
    • Kael's dialogue changed...All B words removed.
    • Alar will no longer become an egg
    I am about to make these changes because of your feedback:
    • An optional quest will be added to the first chapter.
    • For both the 1st and 2nd chapters I will add more space to explore.
    For some stuff, I need your help or I need more feedback eg:
    • The third spell not upgrading: The spell has a 10 mana cost. So for the first level, Kael gets 90 mana and 100 for the second level.
    • Which parts of the terrain you want me to improve?
    • Kael's skin: I like it but I dislike some parts of it. I prefer it over the original. Maybe I will do a poll for this.
    If I missed something then remind me ASAP. If you have any more feedback then please share. Thanks.

5. Abraxiass

Abraxiass

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know it's very early to discuss about terrain but I recommend have more wide views with unique doodads in base and whole map , I recently played custom campaign Rise of the Blood elves , if you play that campaign , I'm think you get ideas about terrain , also I recommend making Easter eggs , personally I love see Easter eggs during play of campaign , one more think in first chapter, you use A LOT Sprit tower , you can use a unique and strong Death tower to order no pass the army to undead base , at first I personally use invisible spell on Kaelthas and go throw undead base and kill them all , so the idea of the death tower can be good to stop that move , as for Kaelthas Trusted servant , I get the idea of mystery guy , but there are plenty of better models , I'm sure if you do some research you can find better model for him

Edit 1: as for 3rd spell of Kaelthas you can make like this : first time get 100 mana , secend time 100 mana +2 armour third time 100mana +2 armour +150 heal and mana cost is like 25 mana in first 50 mana on second and 70 mana for third .
    And if I'm correct you have 12 playable mission , you can make hero level limit up to 15 , that would make it so cool .

Edit 2: in future updates you can add some Wow Soundtrack such as : silvermoon Burning Crusade

Also you can use some custom trees to make
    Space like more Silvermoony and Elvishy

In cutscene I saw lordaeron place like ,, Alive ,if it possible make look like the death zone we all know Arthas make sure that place would be slaughter zone .

6. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks again. I have added additional terrain and an opt quest to the first chapter. I am about to add more areas to explore in the 2nd mission... I have played Rise of the Blood Elves and it has a really good terrain. I will try to make my one like that. Also, I will be making Easter eggs.
    I will also add death towers in the first chapter +rep you later for finding that issue. The system is not allowing me to rep two times every 24 hours.
    For the model of Kael's trusted servant (Kath'Ranis): Soon I will find some models. I liked the current one as he has the same armour as Kael.
    I think Kael is already so powerful so making his third spell stronger will make the campaign much easier.
    Thanks for reminding me about adding WoW music as I almost forgot lol
    Moreover, I will also make Lordaeron look more undead style. Thanks it's very helpful.
    EDIT: Adding 15 level cap depends on the time I have. I have a deadline of maybe May 2020.

7. Abraxiass

Abraxiass

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey man I'm glad you considering my feedback, I'll look into this campaign, after every update!
    I hope you have great time making this campaign!

8. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    UPDATE:
    I am now making the last map. The terrain, layout and doodad placement (like trees and fountains) of the last level are done. For the last level, I only need to do the triggers (some of them are done too) and place the units. This means I am now very likely to complete the campaign before my April/May 2020 deadline.
    I will also thank @Abraxiass for the feedback. Due to his feedback, I have successfully:

• WoW Silvermoon music to my campaign.
    • Added Death Towers to the first level. The Death Towers deal a lot of damage and they can attack invisible units. They can also attack Kael if he casts banish on himself.
    • Lordaeron now has some undead theme. Corpses; skulls and burning structures.
    • The second mission has more terrain to explore.
    If you guys want me to do a second beta before launch then someone other than @Abraxiass must contribute as otherwise, I will just do an alpha test only for @Abraxiass.
    EDIT: Removed the red colour text to obey site rules.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020 at 2:37 PM
  9. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Abraxiass and everyone what do you guys think about the story? Is there anything you don't like? Are you satisfied with me ignoring all WoW lore including the Chronicle?

10. Abraxiass

Abraxiass

Resources:
    Resources:
    I personally like the kealthas keep his way go and try to not corrupted , but I really want see other important characters like
    Lor'themar Theron
    Lady Liadrin

Also I want to see how the corrupted Sunwell cleanse, I personally hate what Wow make good character like Kealthas to villain.

11. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks. In my campaign: Kael will be fine. He won't die or turn into a villain. The campaign will also cover Sunwell's fate and I am sure you will like that. For characters like Lady Liadrin and Lor'Themar Theron--they don't exist in this timeline. Everything from WoW is ignored.

12. Med. MapGuy

Med. MapGuy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank goodness.

13. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looks exciting, I am sure it will turn out well. Hive needs more people making custom campaigns like you.

14. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Med. MapGuy and @tulee thanks for showing interest. I also have good news for all of you:
    The campaign will release in March 2020 (next month). It will be complete so you will get all the content.
    Soon I am announcing the exact time of release for different time zones.

15. Leods

Leods

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's a good one. It has an interesting story, and a good playability. Just one thing: Why the levels always start with a very powerful attack to base? With the starting units it is hard to be stopped, and, being this a new campaign, anyone have to explore the new techtree, the Kael Thas' spells, etc. That starts are just a bit confusing.

All the levels are alredy finished?
    I already can't play any level after the 2nd interlude (Sylvanas troubles')

You say you have improved your map with the @Abraxiass feedback, but I don't have any side quest on teh first lvl, or any other thing. Are you sure you have changed the downloading link?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020 at 4:36 AM
  16. Abraxiass

Abraxiass

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey man I just thought some idea here if you intrested:

_remove Kealthas Choas attack maybe after sunwell restores he get choas attack or maybe he get journey to gain more power and after his success he get his choas damage

_please if it possible remove fan of fire ability it's too damn overpower also it gave player including me thats you dont have control on hero, you can replace it with flame strikes but the damage is complete not over time also do friendly damage

_please if it possible remove the gauntlet item and replace it with Felomelorn Kaelthas Sword , you can add stats like 7 intelligence +Control magic on it

As for secend playable mission, please remove tavenan heroes and add quest like killing big group of jungle troll and reward would be ranger heroes like sylvanas in rain of choas campaign to help against the enemy

I hope you find it interesting.

17. Rhapsodie

Rhapsodie

Resources:
    Resources:
    This looks nice ! Will give it a test once I get home :D

18. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the feedback. The beta version is outdated and it lacks all changes I am making after getting feedback from you guys. There will be a second beta which will have the changes you guys requested. For the attacks on base in beginning: I will make sure this happens after a delay in the first mission. An easy start will allow you to understand how Kael's spells work. For the second mission--if you keep casting Banish on Sylvanas then it will be really easy as her ult is a powerful crit so it will be wasted.

@Abraxiass That is interesting feedback. I think chaos attack should be given as a reward for doing a challenge as you recommended. To do this: I will need some research as I don't know how to change attack types during gameplay. If I will have time then I will do this. I agree with you here.

I once had a powerful flamestrike which will do all the damage at once. It was a lot more op than fan of flames ability. Also, later levels (the ones not in the beta) have boss fights where you will think that fan of flames is so weak. I agree with you that fan of flames is op so I will reduce the damage it deals...or increase cooldown.

At level 10 Kael gets an ability which will give him 15 intelligence. For control magic, spell breakers already have it. The attack speed bonus given by gloves seems useless and I understand that. As someone who has played the whole campaign, I can say they are very useful. Soon you will learn that.

I will also consider removing tavern heroes and replace them with something else. Thanks, I appreciate that.

19. Leods

Leods

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sadly, I only know about two options.
    The first one is creating another identical Kael with chaos damage, and give him all the items of the old one.
    Also, I think you can give Kael 2 attack modes, and make just the first one available at the start of the campaign. If I remember well, you have a "unlock attack tipe" option on the updates part, so you would just update that automatically. This option would also give you the option of updating the attack of all the BE units, or something like that.

20. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks, I will use the first option if I have time. Also, I just realised that I can also use the RoC human mission "Frostmourne" for help as it changes the damage of Arthas to chaos.