1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III Unit Balancer

Submitted by Emperor_Jackal
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Ever been making a game and found it painful and annoying to edit the units, test and repeat to get balanced units? Now you can use this simple program to easily balance your units.

As this is written in HTML, it supports all computers that have been made in the last 10 years.
Contents

Warcraft III Unit Balancer (Binary)

Reviews
» Wolverabid « Date: 6th of February, 2008 Approval status: Approved Rating: (7) Very Good Main points: [x] The tool is stable and performs as designed. [x] The tool is useful and easy to use.
  1. Warcraft33

Warcraft33

Resources:
    Resources:
    how does this thing work

2. nooblet

nooblet

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love how you made it in HTML, so I can use it on my mac :]
    Although, I probably won't be using it as I've kinda-sorta given up on map making..

GJ anyways ^^

3. Herman

Herman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Meh

Usually unit balancing is pretty simple, just gotta know what your doing, basically the three big things to keep in mind will make 80% no problem

1.Make many of the unit characteristics the same (hp regen = 1 for all) to narrow down the amount of balancing
    2.Make some units have specific strengths over others
    3.Keep in mind cost, that can always be used to balance it out quickly

If your trying to balance out races then nvm cuz thats hard as hell

4. Incarnation

Incarnation

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can you balance hero vs indidual units in this?

5. SEM-Master

SEM-Master

Resources:
    Resources:
    A good program at the first glance, but I could be advanced.
    How? - Please make te standardunits chooseable, so one klick sets the data of the choosen unit. Another Advancement would be to set the ammount of every unit type fighting at the simulation.

6. Huurka

Huurka

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice program, indeed.

7. tysej4

tysej4

Resources:
    Resources:
    i think that a map shuldent go faster all sall have + sides and - sides and that you only gonna have if you edit it yourself

8. Dark

Dark

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uh and idea is u could make a system that would allow u to upload the stats of items/heros (with items) cause like if u put gloves of haste on a hero (15%) attack speed u would have to calc it ur self and then edit just an idea is also multiple units vers
    now i have no idea how complicated this would be/practical but its an idea

9. grandel

grandel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow Nice I love the idea of the HTML and great thing you can exactly define the armor and everything else ♥

10. ShadowhunterX

ShadowhunterX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why make this?

Ok...I got a question. Why make this link to a download if it only takes you to a page that says 409-Forbidden?

11. Bloody_Turds

Bloody_Turds

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    To Include spells (single target), you could: include mana, the spells cooldown, damage (negative, would asume its healing, and add the dmg to your hero) and mana cost.. it would only have 1 spell slot at a time ofcourse..

On a side note, there should be a 'Templateify Unit' option added to newgen.
    This would simply be an checkable option, for pasted units to be templated (anything that affects balance, to be set at an standard value, and art stuff remain unchanged)
    Its anoying when mountain giants are doing the moonwalk, because someone failed to change a animation playrate..

You could argue that people just shouldnt be lazy..., but honestly, why waste time on it, if you didnt have to. I mean you would save alot of time, from changing the model file, the shadow, the icon, and many other fields, to make it look good. Just postin the idea here cause i thought of it a few mins ago XD, and im to lazy to post it anywhere else, cause i dont particularly need it myself, i just remember from the good ole days

12. Khazadar

Khazadar

Resources:
    Resources:
    i guess that depend on the stats(Range for example), but if a team win with 0% health, your units are VERY balanced!

I consider 2% a good enough margin, because each unit match up differently against other units.

One comment for the maker: Great program, but lacks the ability to calculate results with different number of units. even if a unit win 1 on 1, it may lose in 10 on 10. There are few cases were 1 on 1 battles happen in wc3, exept for 1 on 1 hero battles on custom maps.

13. Khazadar

Khazadar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your browser failed, he didn't...

14. manmordor

manmordor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well downloading now going to give my review tommorrow

15. Craphter

Craphter

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    WOW dude this is really useful! AND its in HTML!
    Excelent 5/5!

16. Magnet199

Magnet199

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I LOVE THIS :O OMG I DIDNT KNOW THAT THERE IS THIS PROGRAM :O :O :O <3333 (no homo)

17. ThuNinjas

ThuNinjas

Resources:
    Resources:
    a VEERY NICE TOOL , it helps a lot

18. ForgottenNightmare

ForgottenNightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've looked into it and thought how pointless it is to even think why someone would make this. Yeah you need to make units balanced out, but the issue is not that they are imbalanced at all. The issue is how this imbalance works to play out the balance in the end. For example, from blizzard's creation of the races humans and orcs in War3 footmen vs grunts. 1v1 the grunt is stronger and will win the fight. Add another footman and the footmen will win though on might die in the process, but that is the point of it. They were made to be more effective in a larger army against the grunts. Add in more kinds of units for each side with different kinds of imbalances put them all together and you will see them as they were made as perfect balanced armies. I'm sorry to say this, but, even though it is a good tool and it works, when you make something you better make a part of it imbalanced because nothing and no one is perfect, add in the right vision and team there is your perfection. The only way to balance out something is by knowing that you will never ever be able to change it's imperfections without making new ones.