1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WarCraft III Total Conversion

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Spellbound, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    trigger issues mainly. I've ironed out most of them with the help of some people on the forums, but I might run into others soon so expect a few more days before beta (unless my luck just turns out to be very, very good o_O).

I still have most of the hero spells to make and I suspect the game will be hugely imbalanced at first, but that's what testing's for, right? :)

2. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay then, it seems you're well prepared:)

3. kris4o

kris4o

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice keep up.

4. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    So, I kinda was in radio silence mode for a few days, sorry 'bout that. I still don't have a beta to show because I'm having major creativity block, plus a few things just aren't working (damn triggers).

Anyway, if you feel inspired, feel free to help me with hero spell ideas. I didn't want to do this because I wanted to surprise those people who would download my map and try it out, but I feel that if I don't I'll just delay even more and drive myself bonkers. I'm using a lot of already existing spells because they so happen to work with the theme of this and that hero. I'm not looking for a complete list of all the spells a hero can have, but just several suggestions here and there. And nothing too complicated because I'm not a coding genius. I don't even understand JASS, so please be gentle, lol.

Anyway, here are screenshots of the heroes. I'll only give you their names (and a very, very small description) so that you may exert a bit more creative liberty because too much description can restrict your imagination. Of course, being too vague can work against me, but I'll just risk it since I really wanna keep most of what I can keep under wraps... under wraps :p

Holy Empire
    [​IMG]

Blessed Vessel - Strength (mostly finished)
    Prophetess - Intelligence
    Inquisitor Prime - Agility

Doom March
    [​IMG]

Baron of Carnage - Strength
    Fallen Angel - Agility
    Infernal Avatar - Intelligence (mostly finished)

Black Legion
    [​IMG]

Mistress of the Cabal - Agility
    Obelisk - Intelligence
    Nosferatu - Strength

Sylvan Alliance
    [​IMG]

Alpha Wolverine - Agility
    Sanctuary Keeper - Intelligence (mostly finished)
    Stone Hulk - Strength

Btw, I forgot to mention, each hero has 3 active skill and 2 passives (one being an aura and one being a personal effect passive, like bash or slow poison) and 1 ultimate, which can be passive or active. I have pretty much all of the auras figured out. The only heroes missing auras are the Alpha Wolverine and the Obelisk.

PS: can't find damn credit list *sigh*. I'll just throw the credits in during beta. Gotta find it first though >_>

Attached Files:

5. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Heh. Not bad, maybe another update for the storyline.

6. MrStormyZ

MrStormyZ

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    did you make any Tech Tree yet ?

7. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I didn't use an actual tech-tree diagram or chart I just added building requirements here and there and just modified this and that as I progressed. I'm done with the buildings and units (I might need some upgrade/research suggestions later) but right now I need to finish the heroes then I can get the beta up and running.

8. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    What about that Microsoft program?

9. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    What microsoft program?

10. kris4o

kris4o

Resources:
    Resources:
    NiCE.wow that very good.

11. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    How many models did you use by the way?

12. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I lost count. I keep importing and removing those that I'm not using. The map's around 6 MB right now, but it shouldn't get any heavier. It might get lighter if I do a little cleaning up in the imports.

Right now I'm wrestling with some stupid leaks that are literally killing the game with lags. If anyone here is good at triggers, I'd be very grateful if you can help me. Like I said before, I'm not very good at coding, so I'm sure I've overlooked a lot of stuff which is causing serious pain to the game.

Also, I'm kinda swarmed with other stuff at the moment. I'll keep checking this thread everyday, but I'm not working on it like when I first began. Things should clear up come March 16th.

13. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm... Hopefully they will:)

14. WillofKhrone

WillofKhrone

Resources:
    Resources:
    Change the new humans inquisitor hero's name to

Inquisitus Prime

15. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    And what's an Inquisitus?

16. von_Oberstain

von_Oberstain

Resources:
    Resources:
    i like this idea. i made something similar, but much simpler (rebalanced heavily existing races, since game is reduced to endlessly repeated cookie-cutters).

anyway, i can offer you only thing i can do REALLY well - balancing (i use unit stats, excel, vodka and some aspirins). seriously, i'm quite good at it.

i've done this many times before, so it won't take much time at all (good thing for me, since i'm a member of another project, which eats all my spare).

also, i got a home-lan, so i could probably do some 2v2 beta testing with my friends sometimes. pm me if you're interested...

17. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm... Good luck with it too!