• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Warcraft III: Reversed Stories

What is a good reversed mission?

• Play as Undead and sicken the town before Jaina and Arthas discover?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Play as Kel'thuzad's Cult and construct abominations by finding corpses.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Play as Blackrock Orcs and escape Arthas' attack.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Play as Archimonde and defeat the orcs, humans, and night elves.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Play as Centaurs and crush the tauren camps. Attack orcs for revenge.

• Play as Tichondrius and corrupt the forest into Felwood.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Play as Garithos, fight the undead, command and mock Kael as well.

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Play as Admiral Proudmoore and defend Theramore.

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Play as Mannoroth and ravage Lordaeron, corrupt the orcs into slavery.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am thinking of revamping Wacraft III campaigns but this time, you play as the enemies you fought in the classic game.

Like for example, Human Mission 01 - You played as Arthas and started with him plus groups of footmen. Then when we revamp this into reversed story, you now play as either the orcs you fought and with side mission you also play as Benedict's bandits. (That guy you just slain just for a ledger book.) Good quest ideas like:
- When you play orcs, you must push Arthas back until the time elapses and hostage at least 20 villagers.
- As Benedict and Menag's bandits: You must steal the ledger and ransack the town for gold before Arthas lock all the townhouses.

Include too that I have an idea of renovating the cinematics.

Level 21
I'm interested and suggest to release a demo version of the first x missions, once ready.

It's a refreshing idea if done correctly.

Level 12
Actually, there is a campaign similar to what you mentioned. It's about Kel'thuzad playing against Arthas and Lordaeron people. It's in the maps section.

You mean this? I played it as well. Nice idea but it's execution was very flawed. I suggest also playing the enhanced human campaign to see how someone used the original campaign to great effect.

This can be done, but you should think about how to make the other side of each mission more active. Looking at the first mission, for example: you arrive when the orcs have already sacked the town. Pushing Arthas back for 20 minutes could be a sound way to create the mission, but if you use the original map, that gives you a very small square to defend, and supposedly with no town to micro manage these 20 minutes.

Another way you could go at it is to set the mission slightly before the sacking, altering control between the raiding party and another group meant to harass the silver hand camp.

Level 6
You mean this? I played it as well. Nice idea but it's execution was very flawed. I suggest also playing the enhanced human campaign to see how someone used the original campaign to great effect.

This can be done, but you should think about how to make the other side of each mission more active. Looking at the first mission, for example: you arrive when the orcs have already sacked the town. Pushing Arthas back for 20 minutes could be a sound way to create the mission, but if you use the original map, that gives you a very small square to defend, and supposedly with no town to micro manage these 20 minutes.

Another way you could go at it is to set the mission slightly before the sacking, altering control between the raiding party and another group meant to harass the silver hand camp.
There you said a brilliant set of ideas. Interesting to execute on. Though, perhaps, having two to three main quest that offers three perspectives like: (Only unlocked when the previous one is done, the third and so on... the quest is more intense and frequently challenging.)Sample:

- Quest 1: As Benedict and Menag, sack the town.
HINT: To push Arthas back, eliminate his troops until he is alone. He retreats and goes back afterX seconds.
- Quest 2: Play as the Orc Chieftan and (20) captives.
HINT: Capture (20) villagers, fend off Arthas' men, and finish the quest before Arthas himself enters the circle of power.

You are right, I agree. Expanding the map is good but it must be similar. By any means necessary, I take your suggestion as an addition to improvement.

Level 30
Play as Mannoroth and ravage Lordaeron, corrupt the orcs into slavery.

I proposed that to @sagi5533 a long time ago.

Well i said it like this:
Just an Idea for you:
Or you make a Burning Legion campaign, where you play every part of Warcraft 3 where the Burning Legion is present as the Burning Legion.
(Like Mannoroth/Infernals & Chaos Warsong-Clan vs. Thralls Horde & Jaina's Survivors. In this case the Goal is to kill Jaina and lure Thrall to Mannoroth turning him into Chaos-Orc-Thrall)

Level 15
I proposed that to @sagi5533 a long time ago.

Well i said it like this:

Aye you did:) And I said I think it's a good idea and that sadly I'll probably won't have time to make it. :S
I've also liked the idea of Playing as Garithos. his story was "blury" in the campaigns. perhapse changing some of it or just showing it from his POV can be nice. :)

Level 9
It would be interesting to play as The Cult of the Damned, but to do that you need someone with a good grip on the lore and the events that took place in the game and reverse them in the proper order of things.

Level 30
It would be interesting to play as The Cult of the Damned, but to do that you need someone with a good grip on the lore and the events that took place in the game and reverse them in the proper order of things.

Or use Wowpedia. You can practically make a campaign of the story of some Characters with this.

Level 12
I can definitely envision fighting the undead as Garithos and Commanding and Mocking Kael, this could be an excellent campaign if done correctly

Level 21
Voting for experimental studies on abominations.
Should be fun, messing around with different abominations from different corpses etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.