1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - What we know... so far.

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 3, 2018.

1. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Look, you're making a bunch of assumption based on what they said, and then you're getting upset that they're not delivering on your assumptions. They never said they would have a public beta, or that they would let us know when they entered the beta stage.

2. Korialstrasz

Korialstrasz

Resources:
    Resources:
    You seem to only believe what you want to believe.
    Your arguments are incredibly far-fetched. The release of Witcher 3 got delayed back then and it still was a great game in the opinion of many.
    There have been many games where the development was clouded in silence for several months or years and they still came out great.
    Do not jump to conclusions before having even the slightest of evidence.
    The fact that they are not telling the players a lot may be unpleasant for your personal safezone, but still does not mean anything about the state of their work or their game.

3. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well, here is the confirmation of public beta, about game, classic is ofcourse always good that's why we are here but Reforged 'from what we have seen so far' atleast artwise was not looking great and I hope they'll really open that beta soon so people can give feedback about art,

4. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    didn't watch any of those videos because honestly I don't care

5. Whisper

Whisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    What do you think about Blizzard saying that they wont release anything big this year ?
    Does it me that wc3r can be delayed?
    Isn't it against EU law about preorders?

6. Chaosium

Chaosium

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    More like they don't consider WC3R as something "big" as e.g. a new WoW expansion.

They've comitted to release it this year as it's on the Bnet launcher.

7. Korialstrasz

Korialstrasz

Resources:
    Resources:
    They meant with that, that they will not release any big new standalone game this year and that they will focus mainly on WoW Classic and Wc3 Reforged.
    However, timeframes can always be miscalculated and we will probably know more the next time we hear something from them again.

8. Adunai

Adunai

Resources:
    Resources:
    What do you think they will do with the old campaign? And what's with their promise that you will be able to play the new Reforged campaign in SD (standard definition)?

I started a thread on the official forums where I explain my predictions and questions in detail (link).

My prediction is that a Reforged account will only have the official access to the new campaign, both in HD and SD.

Whereas a pre-Reforged account will only have the official access to the old campaign in SD.

But as the game is the same, a Reforged account will still be able to play a custom campaign that fully resembles the old campaign, both in HD and SD. The same goes for a pre-Reforged account that will be able to play the new campaign unofficially, just only in SD!

My question, however, is how the new campaign in SD will deal with cutscenes.

The only counter-argument is that I understand Blizzard incorrectly and a Reforged account will not be able to play the new campaign in SD (but choosing SD, you will get the old campaign). My response is that it would run contrary to the Blizzard ideal of deleting everything old (vanilla WoW is an exception to the rule) and not directly promoting two contradicting versions of the story at the same time.

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think it'll be like with StarCraft: Remastered. You'll be able to play SD with a non-Reforged key and play Reforged material (including the custom scene) and standard/classic material with a Reforged key.

10. LiSen冯

LiSen冯

Resources:
    Resources:
    how about the HD Text.

11. PrinceOfThaWest

PrinceOfThaWest

Resources:
    Resources:
    Before making any assumptions, I'd appreciate if someone could clarify one thing to me. Regardless of having bought both RoC and TFT long ago, I still have to pay the full price for Reforged as a "new customer", and not only "upgrade" to get the new content (what I already have + via upgrade I get access to Reforged) as a "veteran"?

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Veterans are bad business.

13. PrinceOfThaWest

PrinceOfThaWest

Resources:
    Resources:
    Indeed, bloody business - leaves nightmares as well.

14. Henry_Cast

Henry_Cast

Resources:
    Resources:
  15. Whisper

Whisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    What if Reforged will be delayed and not released in 2019?
    Will we get a refund? (preorders)

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe if you're from the USA.

17. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nah...

If for whatever reason you don't want to buy Reforged anymore, you can contact Blizzard's customer support to cancel your preorder and get a refund. I've never heard of anyone having issues with that*.

However, if @Whisper was asking if we will get compensated for the delay - it's very, very, very unlikely. You will either have to accept the delay or cancel the preorder to get a refund.

Also @PrinceOfThaWest - as far as I'm aware, there are no unique bonuses or discounts for people who already owned Warcraft 3 before Reforged pre-orders became available.

EDIT:
    *The only instance in which I could see Blizzard being reluctant to give someone a refund is if that person didn't have the classic W3 on his account and thus already received part of the "ordered product".

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  18. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Did Trump decided to make a new law about preorders in 10 months? US must have a fast working law system.

19. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  20. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, that source was somewhat unreliable after a more research.