1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - What we know... so far.

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Lord_Marrowgrath

Lord_Marrowgrath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Can we port our maps (with custom models, icons, skins etc) to reforged? Or we gona create new ones?

2. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    They said most maps should be compatible with both classic and Reforged versions. However, even if I suppose old custom assets will work in Reforged, they will look out of place and inconsistent with the rest of the remastered game.
    So you may keep working on maps with current custom assets; all you'll have to do is warn people that they should play with the classic version. You may also make maps with no custom assets and these should be ported to Reforged easily, as far as we know.

3. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Custom assets for Reforged will fill in time, best to use hots-wow models whenever it is possible

4. ArthasAzeroth

ArthasAzeroth

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's also what I hope for. The world editor was such a mighty tool and I hope it will become even more powerful with the remake.

5. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
  6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Since one of the gnomes in the mortar team has a scope, I don't see why both of them should also have goggles.

7. Medieval

Medieval

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm ready excited abut this!... I already pre-purchased the game, just Iwonder when I could play it

8. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    is the new editor available for both or only for reforged? (it would be better if both)

Edit: What about the single player campaign?

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  9. czh123

czh123

Resources:
    Resources:
  10. Whisper

Whisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    And still nothing new from Blizzard about Warcraft 3 Reforged...

11. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Have faith. We know for a fact that the team is hard at work ;)

12. Lord_Marrowgrath

Lord_Marrowgrath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Blizzcon coming

13. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    'Hard work' :clol:

Serious note: I think something will happen after 8.2 (25th June) and before Classic WoW probably at early to mid July we will see the beta considering the 'delayed' 1.31 from february to may building hype for both Classic and to fill the time gap between 8.2 and Classic

14. Whisper

Whisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think that one post about development per month wouldn't slow their work so much...

15. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I think they know that they 'failed' so hard too and doing nothing to change it let's go back to Blizzcon interviews:

Pete Stillwell: We are hoping to deliver 1.31 the last patch before Reforged at February
    -Arrived at May

Pete Stillwell: We will have a beta, more like an alpha hopefully at Spring
    -Spring ends in 2 days

I see no reason to trust they are working hard.

16. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Entertainment creators rarely release anything more than a few sneak peeks here and there. Just because we haven't seen any progress, doesn't mean there isn't any.
    At the end of the day, the people working on this are literally just employees doing their job, there's no reason to assume they're working any less or any more than any other regular person does at their job. About that statement about a beta, doesn't sound like they said they would be releasing that beta to the public. Big game developers almost never do this anymore.
    Just hope for the best and don't take lack of progress or communication so personally. They'll show us stuff when they want to, they don't owe us anything.

17. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well, the 'public' beta that is like how Classic WoW has now is 'approved' by their own words, I think they'll atleast use 3 months of testing before the official release (again like they mostly did with WoW and stuff they test 'betas' atleast 3 months), I would not be that 'pissed' if they never said a word about 'spring beta' but when it's said it is atleast not moral to not give any information about it. And to be earliest the beta arrives and longer it lasts, the chances of getting a 'decent game with minimum bugs' increases.

18. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    lol come on, how can you take this stuff so seriously, how is this a question of morality at all, they just shared their plans/predictions for the progress of development. Whether or not you like the way they handle their PR, it's just a company communicating about their activities, nothing more, nothing less.

19. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Again ,yes it is nothing more nothing less it could not have been said to avoid the arguments, or just a little bit of explanation like 'sorry, we are taking that word back' would be alot nicer than radio silence. But once it is said, it gives some sort of responsibility nonetheless

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The only technical radio silence is when you just unplug the power source. Maybe they're stressed out. You're saying they don't care? I doubt it. You're saying they added a few natives just to get people interested in Reforged? I doubt that even more since we'll be able to play the classic version, still.