Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wait so does this mean that blizzard games are now all those really horrible terrible games? Why didn't they write a clause that only went into effect for all games developed after reforge's release?

I mean at this point I hope thats what it means cause that is obviously kind of funny.

EHhhh no I don't like this guy, but there is one salient point

Blizzard does now own a few really horrible games. That and all the pron that was made in 2006 - 2009. So does blizzard claim that those are now their property too? If so I think they should revisit their terms....

2. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Does anyone know what's up with the Hotkeys? I press A to attack and it switches my units' color to blue instead. None of the hotkeys work (M, H, S, etc).

3. verstefyren

verstefyren

Resources:
    Resources:
    If the power is turned off there is no power to even pay for. Where I come from you pay for the power you use, not the power you dont use.

If the power is BAD, really really BAD, like reforged. I`d get a refund, which I did. With all these thousands of refunds, they will be forced to fix the game. Thats my thought.

I`m going back to an earlier version.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  4. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Everyone

It brings tears in my eyes to see how the focus shifted to solution finding instead of more complaint. After the obvious second let down from official Blizzard ofc.

So after reading everything, I saw that some wanted 1.26 some earlier or later patches.

My opinion is, we should stick with the newer 1.29+, because of the addition to gameplay.
    -24 player
    -widescreen
    -better b.net support (idk how this will be possible, but if some private pvpgn servers can do it, Hive can do it too)
    -other changes.
    I understand this patch introduced some changes to balance, but that's something I'm willing to let slide for the sake of the above.

For modding we stick with patches 1.26/1.27 since it's easier to work with the Editor, and then we can ofc just update the maps to the newer patches as we go along.

But I am no expert in this matter so forgive me if I'm wrong.

5. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    why don't they cap frost wyrm and flying units in general? Right now people just spam the hell out of them in melee at least.

I think the first thing they need to do is remove the FPS cap on the models and go back to the animation department fire the lead animator and work on it. These are abysmal animations and unacceptable from a triple A company.

Community Sourced List of Removed and Missing Features from Warcraft III: Reforged

By the way here is a list of removed features

So yeah the fun continues!

Removed Features from Reforged compared to The Frozen Throne
    • Custom Campaigns
    • Player Profiles
    • Cross-region play for Custom Games
      • With the recent updates to Battle.net in recent years, Blizzard enabled cross-region play, allowing players from all regions to play together. Removing this reduces the number of available custom games at a time.
    • Clans
    • Ladder
    • Tournament Mode
    • Original Battle.net Chat System
      • Warcraft 3 chat system was similar to IRC, with support for slash commands and custom chat rooms.
    • Classic Graphics in Reforged Polishing Issues
      • SD models in the Reforged client are having issues like missing shadows, bad saturation, missing effects, among others.
    • Reign of Chaos Campaign now uses The Frozen Throne balance.
      • Since you were required to play Reign of Chaos to play its campaign, the unit balance from that game was retained at the campaign, which doesn't happen now. Possibly making missions easier or maybe even harder.
    Extra Features Possible in TFT and Impossible in Reforged
    In line with the IRC-style chat, TFT allowed bots to host custom game rooms and offered a robust API that developers could use to enhance the game experience which isn't present in reforged. Below are the features that these Battle.net bots provided and aren't present in Reforged.
    • Game Reconnection via GProxy
    • Extra stability and reduced latency
    • Online Lobby List
    • Protection against hacks and maphacks.
    • Automatic replay saving and easy online sharing.
    • Competitive Custom Games
      • Auto-balance and matchmaking based on ELO for specific custom maps was possible due to bots controlling which players were in each team.
    • Ability to kick/ban trolls
      • While you still have the ability to ban players, but in TFT the use of bots allowed players to have shared banlists.
    Cut Features from Reforged
    On top of the features lost with Reforged, there are also the features from it that Blizzard promised and ended up not delivering.
    • Campaign Overhaul to Match Chronicles
      • The removal of this feature was announced a couple of months ago.
    • Improved Cutscenes
      • Originally Blizzard promised to improve cutscenes, with dynamic camera angles, new voice acting, and more. Ended up cutting it all.
    • Player Choice to play old or new campaign
      • With the changes to the campaign scrapped, there was no point in having this option.

6. verstefyren

verstefyren

Resources:
    Resources:
    This my friend, is a quality post!

7. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    So a big problem is that there is no votekick option which is kind of standard procedure for online games. And this game now lacks that option....

Something I think is missing is that I don't think it shows how populated a game is?

Oh my favorite bit I don't think you can set control bindings? Like custom ones? So If I am left handed I think I am screwed? Well heres the trick: Warcraft 3 Reforged: How to change keyboard shortcuts - Millenium

Derp I guess.

Then I think another one that I remember is you can't turn off shadows on base classic, you have to go to reforged mode turn it off there and then switch back to classic. Which is pointlessly complicated.

8. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    These maps were made by some people using the Reforged 1.32 WE for Blizzard as Blizzard has used the new EULA to claim the all maps made with the Reforged Editor. Blizzard really wants these maps to be their copyright? The EULA shows yes they are the owners of these maps so they are responsible for these maps not the authors lol. Its so bad that if @Shar Dundred will make an Arkain campaign with the Refunded WE then Blizz will get all the copyright of the story from him lol

9. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    As I have already mentioned multiple times:
    Blizzard already claimed that copyright since the first new, not Reforged patch.
    That claim is not new.

The thing is that Blizzard may claim it, how valid that claim is, is a completely different story.
    It is a bad move but it is a questionable attempt at best.

10. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Shar Dundred I'm pretty sure that it was at 1.29 or 1.30 patch days, not sure exactly.

11. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1.28 even I think

12. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Welp, guess pretty much that.

Anyway, I just find it weird that on the other side of the block, with all the micro-messery over at the NE, I haven't heard much of Blizz interference on it. Chinese players might be able to confirm for me the validity of this.

Also, what of Dz natives? Just curious if they are touching that thing or not.

13. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  14. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Are people still upset about the removed campaign. Don't they know the state of modern wow storytelling? Do you really want that injected in WC3?

I suppose it could have worked if they had also preserved the old campaign. Or if they make completely new ones instead.

15. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    There was a datamined picture before of two campaign options: Classic and Reforged, to make the purists and WoW players both happy

16. verstefyren

verstefyren

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thats what I was hoping.

17. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It turned into yet another scrapped feature, you cant play old campaign in HD mode

18. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    That would have worked. It's pretty clear Actiblizz cut funding from this. If only it got another year.

19. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Stopped watching when he mentioned there's a like and subscribe button from the start.

20. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    This I just don't get... They could have had a designer work on the original campaign to tweak the terrain a bit to work better with Reforged assets and just released a "Classic, but in HD" version of the campaign as an option. No one would have complained about that. And then they could have done more for the actually "reforged" campaign, without worrying about "not preserving the original feeling", but... nope.