1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    My bad, should have clarified that my "major" project I meant one that brings in a lot of money.

2. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think they should just refund the game to everyone and restore the classic client then cancel Wc3 Refunded by removing it from battle.net launcher. I do not want them to patch it this week to fix bugs as some people here want. I just want them to remaster wc3 once again from scratch. I want them to remaster the game like they remastered starcraft.
    Edit: TLDR Blizz should:
    1) Restore the classic client
    2) Refund and cancel Reforged...Remove it from Bnet client and forget it
    3) Remaster wc3 again with Blizzard quality

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  3. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
  4. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You're all acting like kids lol. Next off-topic post (i.e not about the patch notes) is getting the hammer.

5. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your expectations are very unrealistic - there's no way they are going to completely remake Reforged. The best we can hope for is that eventually they will bring back all the missing features, stabilize the game and fix inconsistencies between Reforged SD and Classic. Maybe touch up on graphics a bit too, if we're lucky.

P.S. I'm ready to take the hammer :p

6. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    @MasterBlaster Yes they are unrealistic and I am 200% sure that's not going to happen. But if a miracle happens eg Activision and Blizzard divorce then I am 500% sure what I suggested will happen.

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's lost invested money.
    And be done with this site as well if censorship ensues.

8. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
  9. n00b

n00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    uhhh any word on desync issue that some maps have?

kinda want to get back into working on my shitmaps again but the two i was working on both insta desync omegalul

10. Sparky123

Sparky123

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Good point. Its either all the money or no money.

It's hammer time?

They will eventually patch it, but by that time maybe EA will make more games with loot boxes
    and everyone will forget warcraft 3 unfinished ever existed.

Yep.

Yep. I mean, its already hammer time.

Same here, all Bobby Kotick jokes aside, I also want to upload my shit maps in reforged, as broken as cesspool as it is.
    Do I just, save the map with the new editor ? And upload it where? How? I have so many questions!!!

11. GIMLI_2

GIMLI_2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That doesn't work. Starcraft had sprites and no 3d models as far as i can remember. That is why they had to upgrade the engine and mess up classic graphics. Well.. they didn't have to. You know what i mean

12. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    They could have done that...You know what I mean...
    [​IMG]

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Those are still awesome.

14. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks blurry af.

2 and 3 wont happen, it does not make any amount of sense.
    Who in their right mind would spend millions on development only to either remove it or start over completely which effective gains them the same result.
    It would either double the development cost which simply wont pass by the economics department, or it would be throwing millions down the drain which also hardly would be approved.

The first option feels like it should be doable with minimal work but with some drawbacks, but I don't think they will do that either.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  15. nuck001

nuck001

Resources:
    Resources:
  16. MN Lahmar

MN Lahmar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  17. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    I made a post in the official forums begging Blizzard to fix the inconsistencies and lo! the Darkspear and Stratholme suggestions were actually answered

It's even earlier than that: the reason why the Blood Elves joined the Horde because the Chinese players pressured Blizzard into putting a "pretty female race" for their in-game wives.

Many of us actually wanted two separate campaigns:
    • one with Classic campaign with just HD graphics, same voices, same doodad vomit in Lordaeron, same chapters and none reworked - this one would be the historical relic, a time capsule, to showcase the old campaign - and to appease the purists
    • one with Reforged campaign with updated voices, all reworked chapters, new voicelines and dialogues - to appease the WoW fanboys and those looking for more built-in assets like models, skins, doodads, terrains, voicelines, etc.

18. Quantum_Menace

Quantum_Menace

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, that explains it, they're after Chinabux and everyone else has to be the guinea pigs for their broken game.

It looks like it's intended to get the Chinese players off classic versions and onto a DRM locked platform by killing off the classic client altogether. Chances are they will get Netease to kill off 1.27 as well, and who knows about non-Chinese servers like Eurobattle?

And since it's shown that they happily pirate the game, Actiblizzion will hold on to online DRM like Gollum coated in krazy glue. Truly a sad day for game archivists.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  19. goldviper

goldviper

Resources:
    Resources:
  20. hiphop4eva

hiphop4eva

Resources:
    Resources:
    Guys, I remember a game that went to a sale a short time after launch. They did this because the game was very unsuccesful at launch. Do you think Reforged will go to sale soon? If so, how much is it going to be?