Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WARCRAFT III: REFORGED PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 28, 2020.

1. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Memes aside - I'm actually worried about Blizzard getting a bright idea to "reforge" Diablo 2 next.

2. Retria

Retria

Resources:
    Resources:
    I mean they had one job:
    a) make W3 HD and not touch anything else OR (especially not touch old W3)
    b) make W4
    instead they went for retarded*

*reforged

3. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why would they "reforge" Diablo 2, when there's Diablo 4 coming? And is likely the companies second most important/main project. (reforged was just a side project)

4. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    When would you learn that those are not Blizzard anymore? The Blizzard we all knew and grew up with is long gone. This new company is called Blizzvision / Activizzard

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If they'll even have the resources for it by then.
    I'm thinking they'll not maybe attempt a Remastered addition but might release a higher res GoG version as with Orcs & Humans, Warcraft II and Diablo.

6. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Because that's the last of their 3 big hits that hasn't been remastered yet and Diablo 4 might be a pretty long way away.

I know it's not the same Blizzard - I just prefer using factual names in my posts.

That's a fair point - after Reforged they might not want to try any more remasters.

7. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    they did announce diablo immortal, remaster will split their revenues
    then they did announce diablo 4, at least marking it will be there in some years or ages
    if you still hope for remaster, you must have really good inner faith

8. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Considering the current situation in the compainy, I'd assume that they're kinda in a rush to release it. After all it's (likely) the second main project for the company, with a large team and resources, while Diablo 3 was not. Diablo 3 was a project, started to work in WotLK era, when WoW was at it's heighest, the number 1 game in the world, and thus Blizzard was flourishing. Diablo 3 was actually a side project, and they were in no rush to release it. So I'd assume mid 2021 for Diablo IV.
    I'm fairly certain that Blizzard is aware that Reforged had a great potential. And failure is a result of their descision to sacrifice the game.

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Attached Files:

10. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is what Reforged experience has been so far.

11. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not really. Immortal will most likely be a freemium game, just like other mobile titles, i.e. free to play plus greedy microtransactions. The audience for that doesn't mix with the core D2 fanbase all that much. Plus, freemium games make the bulk of their money from "big spenders", who are unlikely to leave once they make a sufficient investment. Losing other, i.e. more casual, players would be pretty insignificant in terms of Immortal's revenue numbers.

There's a difference between thinking something might happen and hoping that it will :)

12. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is my favourite recent bug report so far. Unbelievable. Who were those who defended SD in rEfoRGed?

More SD related issues:

I'm still baffled by Blizzards capacity to destroy two games with one shot. It's like shooting yourself in both feet at the same time. They should've at least aimed for the head. I'd like to see something like this happen to WoW, and then maybe we'd get the support we need to fucking drown Blizzard for this sin.

13. Retria

Retria

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blizzard just went to their reputation folder then pressed ctrl+a and then DELETE

14. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your logic is backwards - developing games is costly. No company is going to provide years worth of funding and development resources to a project unless they think it's a major one. And Diablo 3 was in development for many years, ergo - it was a big project. Maybe not as big as WoW, but still definetely up there.

15. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    People are actually still reporting bugs on the minute, and treating it like the beta (it's not even beta when the game is riddled with bugs, early alpha maybe) never ended.

Imagine all the people.mp3

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    listen

17. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for not being lazy.

18. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Fuck that. I don't want a rehash of ZT. Nope.

19. hiphop4eva

hiphop4eva

Resources:
    Resources:
  20. Sparky123

Sparky123

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm glad peeps buried the hatchet. No need for bloodshed on hive.
    You just need to throw rocks at Blizztard and Bobby Kotick.

I did jump on the hate reforged bandwagon. Not on the 'drakpanda is a fanboy' wagon.

Lol.

As I stated before, we learned how Activizard is a company like its competition... and its doing all the things the competition is doing.

You're still off. Not even a major project is enough to convince sponsors and shareholders.
    You have to talk MICROTRANSACTIONS - LOOT BOXES - GAMBLING FOR KIDS - PATIENCE TEST GAMES

Then, and only then do you make shareholders wet. And those are the people in the back who give all the
    bad decisions about development, especially with lil fat piggy on the top like Bobby Kotick making it all go to shit.