1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III: Reforged Developer Update

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Feb 4, 2020.

1. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    @knight26
    this yours?
    if so/not has it been posted some where?

while no fancy UI there is the old way, the file seems to be more laid out then i remember as well (may be wrong about being more laid out)
    also there is a new default GRID style in the options menu completely ignoring old/normal keybinding

2. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's one overdramatic yet interesting open letter. Even if it wouldn't make any difference, Blizz should probably see it. Lmao.

3. Jimpanse1

Jimpanse1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Warcraft III Version 1.32.1 Patch Notes

Just noticed, that they did an update. I wonder if they will someday add the possbility to see chinese or russian characters ingame with english client.

4. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    learn russian, it will help in the future :D

5. aider

aider

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What are some cool strategy modding games I can use instead, which are kinda like WC3?
    DotA2?

6. Jimpanse1

Jimpanse1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, i actually can read russian, but having an english client lets me only see russian language in custom game lobby & main menu chat. Ingame it does not work :D Back then there was a way to have a different font installed to see all unicode characters, including russian & chinese

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nothing like the good ol' Warcraft III, however there's Armies of Exigo (more code than GUI) and Age of Mythology (saner coding).
    Not sure about Dota2. Heard it has a nice editor.

8. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Read the official forums, folks - it appears the update isn't even downloading properly for some people and without having an updated client you can't play the game. And yes, I'm sure this will get resolved fairly quickly, but... what a surprise that the Reforged clownfiesta continues ;) Anyway, I'm happy they fixed some things - good on people who didn't refund - but I'm actually more curious what new bugs they've introduced with this patch. Because you know there's going to be something.

P.S. To anyone who has Reforged, could we see how that sepia filter looks?

9. Shido

Shido

Resources:
    Resources:
    I guess that open letter from Blizzard is just too long for me to read it entirely understandable.
    I’m very sorry, 17 was too long years for credit card to affordable and i am going ahead to what I actual think the guy who wrote this “letter”.
    Disclaimer: No offend to Blizzard but you still need enough rotten tomatoes to clear your rush product.
    Disclaimer (again): I'm just making fun of the letter, not the game. But like others, We need your action instead Blizzard, Words won't solve your problem since you're known for dishonest stuff.

10. Retria

Retria

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice, I already tested it and responded to them:
    [​IMG]
    hehe I can see some people are understandably less patient than me:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  11. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:

If it's a temporary solution, then what will the permanent solution be? Will they bring back TFT client?

Also why have they still made no mention of being unable to log in if you haven't added classic keys to your bnet account? The "There was an error in handling the request" is extremely unhelpful, and I cba to download 2GB to check if they actually improved this and ask classic players for their CD keys if they haven't added those to their account yet.

12. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Considering they're supposedly fixing SD graphics, I very much doubt they're considering bringing back Classic.

I could see happening is adding the original ROC/TFT menu background to Reforged and when you switch to SD, you get to see that.

13. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    @MasterBlaster isnt the ROC backround the current Reforged backround but HD?

14. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    As as I remember, it's similar, but not exactly the same as RoC (in HD).

15. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    That sepia tone is terribly unprofessional.

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

17. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Picture, please?

18. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Out of all the tones they could have chosen they chose SEPIA. They're probably bringing back the old screen for classic. upload_2020-2-6_23-22-7.png

19. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've just tested the new patch, and the things I care about:

Pros:
    • Classic graphics and effects have all been fixed. Cheers.
    Cons:
    • They've made a brilliant idea to make Classic main menu black and white, and Reforged with colors. Congrats! It really takes imagination to come up with these kinds of things. Why did they even change it? The menu wasn't even that bad. At this point, according to their plans, I wouldn't be surprised if the one that comes up with the patches is Ysma (from "Emperor's New Groove")!
    • To me, by far the biggest problem with the game on release, the thing that needs to be fixed urgently, the main priority, was that the menu was lagging enormousely! Cheers! Now it lags even more!
    • Not that this concerns me, but the HD models that were missing on release, they're still missing!
    • I wasn't really expecting this to beguin with, but I just gotta say it. Custom Campaigns are still missing!!!
    I really hope they don't start bringing three more bugs after they fix one. Let's hope that they'll fix more bugs in the future.

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    /sarcasm
    Please don't doublepost :D

Anyways, why do we have to go left with the menu buttons and not right as before?