1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III: Reforged Developer Update

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Amigoltu

Amigoltu

Resources:
    Resources:
    I believe it doesn't matter anymore. Seems like many people are already asking questions about older versions, and what with gameranger and the like existing, do we even need bnet anymore? Do we need blizzard? Or do we just use older patches of the original, and do our own thing? Who knows, maybe they really will fix reforged. Maybe not. Either way, I have my 1.30 patch and I shall keep on using it.

2. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    A little update, it was brought to my attention that the version I've uploaded was very messy and could cause issues. Since I don't want to screw people over, I've taken down the download links.

If anyone has a good version of 1.31.1, please upload it :)

3. Amigoltu

Amigoltu

Resources:
    Resources:
    But @Anaxie didn't point out any problems other than "it has many files", at least as much as I could read. If it's a legal copy you purchased and downloaded, it's good.

4. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've misunderstood and overreacted :D My bad, sorry.

The links are back, but if someone has a clearner version, it would still be nice to get it.

5. aeman

aeman

Resources:
    Resources:
    >Be Blizzard
    >Done something wrong with the game
    >Don't take responsibility
    >Blame the players for the problem
    >Antagonize the Communities

Nice move

6. Jouven

Jouven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Regarding the game versions, there are certain factors like <=1.26 not working on windows 10 (I don't remember if 1.27 works or not on 10), =>1.29 no bots, no pvpgn, I have no idea about game ranger, many bugs were introduced in 1.29 which made a lot of custom maps unplayable, but that's as far as my knowledge goes, I have no idea how the 1.3x versions are, if they fully fixed the bugs introduced in 1.29, I gave up on 1.29, AFAIK there is no online community from that version onward, maybe? single player players/modders cause "more natives"?

7. Amigoltu

Amigoltu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Frankly, it's not just Blizz, that acts this way. If you look at all the controversy of the recent years, it's pretty much all of the AAA companies, who completely disrespect and disregard their audience, as well as their own products.

(Then again, even taking Hello Games for example - they at least created numerous expansion packs, that actually made No Man's Sky more than what it was initially promised to be. All free of charge. And the game has no microtransactions to this day, as far as is known to me at least.)

Anyways, why are these companies acting this way? Because their audience enables them too. However much they drag people through the mud, those people come back with their wallets for more...

8. aeman

aeman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello games are what you called a perfect example of small indie company that had balls to admit everything, go watch Engoodening of No Man's Sky to know why

9. aeman

aeman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Triple A companies can be explain in one meme

3o6t93.jpg

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  10. Ceday

Ceday

Resources:
    Resources:
    I believe they fixed many bugs, because when version first came out most of the maps were unplayable but in latest version you could finish your games at least. But some bugs are still exist, some games/maps desync or crash, and they were working completely fine in 1.26 days. And I still haven't heard a reasonable explanation about why same map uses at least 50% more memory in 1.3+ version of the game compared to 1.26 version of the game (I am talking about RAM usage), and while talking about memory: Why I have to download 30 gb of reforged stuff to launch my classic game?

11. Kasrkin

Kasrkin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can confirm I still have a 1.27 version, it does work on W10.

12. Death Adder

Death Adder

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well I don't really know how this stuff works, but going by that link isn't it saying that overall the stock price has still gone down ever since 30th jan? Plus it should still take some time for the effects to really come into play since Blizzard did all they could to keep the consumers unaware and blizz were denying refunds, or at least trying to.

I'm sure there's still ignorant people who have yet to find out that blizz broke all their promises that are buying the game.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if they end up not being affected since for some reason a lot of people seemingly like being treated like shit and gobble up trash like a delicacy.

13. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    well with the automatic refund process being back up and running, any evidence is now doomed to fall into the endless void of the web

14. JimmyJoJameson

JimmyJoJameson

Resources:
    Resources:
    A complete non-apology. Suppose I shouldn't have expected anything else.

15. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    For stock market changes, you really have to look at a duration of 6 months to properly access the situation.
    And if you do that, you see that actually all changes when reforged came out were within the normal variance of the stock value of the past 2 months.

Or differently speaking: Reforged is too small of a fish that anyone on the stock market cares

16. Jarrin Derrick

Jarrin Derrick

Resources:
    Resources:
    That would have been a good idea. Also, I was worried about the development of this game due to the lack of news.

Edit: You guys think there will be a move to set up a third party battle.net server, perhaps officially for the hive community? For a specific version of WarCraft III classic. That would be awesome.

17. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't know exactly what that slider do as I do not own W3R but I'd assume that slider is for graphical purpose only(?)
    I was talking about the entire campaign such as cutscenes and map details. If the only thing it changes is SD to HD and vice versa, there's almost no difference about the experience we discussed earlier.

We or at least, I, prefer to keep the original to stay in its shape for nostalgia purpose and reforged for a whole new fresh environment of Warcraft.

I agreed. They should've left it alone at 1.26 and if they really do want to update it, then do so in the reforged version imo. That way, they wouldn't mess up with our beloved game.

18. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    People still own the game? Refund it, and I got my whole friend group to do so as well. This is a garbage response for a garbage game. But if we are going to criticize it is that this is an inadequate response to the problems the community has with the game.

I don't think anyone is happy with this dev update. Didn't really talk about the things everyone here is most concerned about which is custom campaigns, the cinematics, and just the general bugginess of the game.

The fact they responded is only going to anger fans even more at this point. The best thing to do was to not to respond and release a massive patch with a response. Actions speak louder than words, and I see a lot of talking from the devs and very little action.

19. Jarrin Derrick

Jarrin Derrick

Resources:
    Resources:
    Refund this game now!

Edit: As terrible as this game is, it has brought new players. I've not seen this many lobbies and them filling so quickly in a long time.

20. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    What a non-apology response lol.

Not really a big surprise. Player counts are always high after a release/update and then decrease. Comparable to classic bnet when bots were shut down.
    More important stats will be a in a few weeks imho.