1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Plunders

Plunders

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My feedback is solely related to the editor, not the campaigns/battlenet.

1. Add more button GUI-trigger options. (not just up, down, left, right arrow keys, a-z pls maybe even the f1-12 keys)
    2. A simple model editor, possiply with build in animation merger.
    3. A way to transfer more than 1 player across maps, (make players leave -> make p1 host the next map/region -> make p2 join the game)
    4. A trigger option to actually change a units model (while not changing the base unit)

2. SpiritTauren

SpiritTauren

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Man, you're asking for all these advanced features... (I like your ideas btw) They didn't even fix the random seed bug and ignored the bug complaint.

3. Terhonator

Terhonator

Resources:
    Resources:
  4. SpiritTauren

SpiritTauren

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Thank you for this info <3. I'm pleasantly surprised by Blizzard's decision. That's a customer-friendly action. There's still some hope after all.
    P.S. still, I would've preferred never seeing/facing such a situation at all... I'd rather pay 100 € for a mind-blowing top-notch Reforged (and I dare to assume I won't be alone here) and keep on working on my magnum opus in World Editor. Oh well, such is life.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  5. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    how is it going kids?

6. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    • Improve the performance. The game lags and I cannot open my maps in HD mode because it takes too much memory.
    • Store login data for the Battle.net. Whenever I have to log in again, I have to reenter the user email and password.
    • Allow importing folders in the import editor.
    • It seems that the registry entry "Allow Local Files" is always enabled? Readd the old functionality? It helps to mod with custom trigger data.
    • Add more key events.
    • Add all JASS functions as GUI trigger data. What about the frame functions?
    • Where can I play my custom campaigns? Is there a new folder for custom campaigns? Maybe I have to save my custom campaign with the new world editor. Should it appear in the campaign list?
    • Some German translations changed. Some items have different names now (I am not talking about translating words like Ashenvale into German). Maybe use the old translations to avoid confusion?
    • Restore the old campaigns. There are plenty of videos on YouTube which show you how you changed some cutscenes in the campaigns in a bad way. Fix it.
    • Maybe the whole look of the HD game should be darker? The classic one looks much darker to me but I guess you cannot change all HD models etc. It looks to similar to WoW which might be intended but I don't like it.
    • Support multiplayer campaigns/map transitions/game caches. Maybe allow some kind of hosting service where players can join and leave all the time. I guess this will never happen :(
    • Add better debugging support. For example, if a map has a disconnect because of some bug, create some report, so the developer can track down the bug? Besides, break points/stack commands etc. would be nice.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  7. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    you're writing that because?..

8. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What do you mean, Draco, it's feedback. :O

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    sarcasm :p

10. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe you should also fix the health bars of neutral hostile which are completely black if the health bars have team colors (for example the tomb of sargaras mission) :D

11. urachi

urachi

Resources:
    Resources:
    And they set the language to just English mixed with your native language. A complete screw over. Prolly making data space for new WoW expansion lmao

12. torrific

torrific

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yo, funny thing, asking for support relating decreased performance issues, lag and crashes, links you to their automated refund option. I guess it’s just damage control at this point, cut your losses and run. Imagine if Blizzard actually learned something from Hello Games instead of being the daftest company in the gaming industry as of right now. Luckily for EA, Blizzard exists. What a joke.

13. torrific

torrific

Resources:
    Resources:
    Try 0,6 on metacritic.

14. SpiritTauren

SpiritTauren

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    To add to what NecroVirus said: well I've been there too. I had to force myself to resume the project, decided I'd finish it no matter what, even if I'm the only person who'll ever play it. The first natural reaction was to rage-quit. It's all about the principles. Well, we modders have got each other. That's at least something.

15. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    so guys, are you still afraid of memehax?

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1.26? Nah, 1.27 is finer. I love 1.29 for the 24 colours and 1.31 for the added natives.

17. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    27 has memory corruption random fatals

18. SpiritTauren

SpiritTauren

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Got back to 1.32.2
    It works fine with some tweaks here and there. My biggest disappointment was fixed random seed, but thx to hive guys there's a workaround (in several fashions).
    If Blizz ever fixes fixed random seed (pun intended), the said workaround can be removed via deletion of 1 library and 1 trigger.

They have altered the deal. Pray that they won't alter it any further (c) (Guess who said that?)

19. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The tavern in the screenshot allows you to hire a hero which is stuck between the tavern and the trees :(
    The map is called Felaras LV.

Btw. I cannot change the player when watching a replay and when I watch replays on 8x speed chat messages appear twice from the player I have selected ....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  20. urachi

urachi

Resources:
    Resources:
    XDD such a classic, purchased unit stuck lmao, even to this day, wow.