1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. L0rd_Yoshi

L0rd_Yoshi

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, I was going to say to remove the hosting bots that ruined the whole custom games scene over a decade ago, but apparently that already happened last year. Now all they need to do is make sure they don't repeat the mistakes of the Starcraft 2 custom game system like making the custom editor a clunky mess, censoring maps, or limiting hosting power and they'll be set. Maybe add in some kind of personal or shared ban list system so all of these people complaining about how losing host bots opened the griefer flood gates can be happy as well.

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wouldn't hurt to have morph and walk animations for dragons though.

3. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I second that.

4. El Saif

El Saif

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not literally, ehe.

5. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Dragons are dope.
    I'm offended.
    You dare speak about me?
    :D

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Dude, they've retconned your eyes into glowing green through the blindfold (lol), or did they forget to also keep your mind sound? Maybe, they added too much fel this time.
    Except the nether ones looking like mutant baby fish.

7. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have mixed feelings about these leaks. It is fun to look at, but inevitably people will start (as they have already) passing judgement on Reforged as a whole, finished product based on a very narrow and OLD set of "evidence". It is not a good thing I think.

8. Anglo Warior

Anglo Warior

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm hoping that the UI is customizable, in that I hope you can use the old WC3 UI layout in the Reforged version.

9. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    But also a new layout, I prefer the minimalistic take with very few elements on the screen. So yes, please let us choose.

10. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It is :)

11. Juveqis

Juveqis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello partners.

After the 2018 Demo, I showed my concern about the attack animations of some units, in which it seemed that these units "merged" with the ones in front of them by "stepping forward" exaggeratedly leaving their selection circle (It's hard to explain it in English).

Anyway, I think that they have fixed, at least a little, the Troll Headhunter attack animation, which was the unit I used as an example in 2018. I add two images below so you can compare.

AnimationExample01.gif
    Attack animation in 2018

AnimationExample02.gif
    Attack animation in 2019

Today I've seen some very interesting "Side by side" videos, they compare classic animations (more static, with less footwork) and Reforged ones (much richer in details). Specifically in this video (Demon models) you can see how this type of "merging animation" is still present and even much more exaggerated. Of course this may have been changed since we don't know how updated the current "BETA" is.

This is a quick example of how much a unit can take a step forward when performing an attack animation (too much in my opinion).

Example01.png

I would like to give examples of what, in my opinion, are good attack animations and others that suffer from this "merging".

AnimationExample03.gif
    Merging.

AnimationExample04.gif
    Merging.

AnimationExample08.gif
    They don't merge at all but I get the feeling that they bend over their torso too far forward and seems weird.

AnimationExample05.gif
    Merging too much.

AnimationExample12.gif
    They don't merge but this animation seems really weird and distract me.

AnimationExample06.gif
    Good.

AnimationExample07.gif
    Good.

AnimationExample10.gif
    Good.

AnimationExample11.gif
    Good.

Attached Files:

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can confirm it should not merge :D

13. goldviper

goldviper

Resources:
    Resources:
    UI suggest
    • Able to see the real number of Movement Speed , Attack Cooldown (or attack speed % increase) , HP / MP regenration
    • Able to see Ablities of hostile players/Neutrue units ,not abilities lvl ofcourse, just default information ; and for allies we see everything , Cooldown of Ablities , level ,ect.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  14. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Completely support this for custom/modified maps, not as a standard.

15. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Quality of life improvement for custom made maps for modders and players:

-Universal camera control system (-camera ####)
    With the ability to tick/untick while we make maps in the Editor.

*If you have other suggestions like this, please add to this list.

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is supposed to be about Reforged, what it is now.
    Please use this for editor requests: [Feedback] Request Features for JASS and the World Editor

17. yxq1122

yxq1122

Resources:
    Resources:
    Feedback after beta released:

The game:

• From the leaked out resources, we can find that the environment elements such as terrain and doodads are rarely reforged. Every one focused on models, but we ignore the environment.
    • Give an UI option (optional reforged and classic) allowing players to choose their preferred game UI. It seems that Blizzard eventually choose to use the classic UI instead of the previously created one. To tell the truth, personally I would rather like the previous one presented on Blizzcon 2018.
    • Give an option allowing players to choose their preferred language of unit voice. Some players especially prefer the english unit voice, but others may prefer their mother language as game voice.
    • Game details should be further optimized. The progress control on the loading screen is ugly, compared with that of classic version. In the test map of the reforged beta, I don't know if it is logical that the entrance of a gold mine doesn't face towards the great hall. A harvesting peon enters into gold mine through entrance or rock? I don't know.

World editor:
    • To achieve cross-edit between classic and reforged, Blizzard choose to use the same editor for both. This is truely the optimal choice! However, I highly recommend Blizzard to rebuild world editor under Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 or higher which can improve the user interface of program, since the application framework now used in world editor might be .Net Framework 3.0 or lower (speculated), which is old and obsolete in modern era.
    • The trigger editor syntax highlighting (TESH) should be integrated. This is specially important for map makers.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  18. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    DotNET has never been a requirement for any version of the World Editor to run. So why should it be required in the future?

19. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, it seems my biggest fear came true... They DID RUINED Illidan's warglaives in Reforged by turning it into the ridiculously-looking green double-blade light saber toy sword appearance as per designed in WoW...

Oh well, I guess even at this one, they couldn't make it right... Sigh...

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm more worried about the eyes being visible through a blindfold!