1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, but its been so long now.

2. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There is still time ;)
    Its a big project for the Classic Games team. Let’s be patient and help them by testing and provide feedback: Warcraft III - Patch 1.31 PTR

All good things comes to those who wait ;)

3. Crett

Crett

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any chance they'll remove the movement/attack/turn speed limits? they limit the scope of many maps, in my opinion

4. Garfielf

Garfielf

Resources:
    Resources:
    An easier way to change models would be nice, as opposed to having to use the Tinker's Ultimate for everything

5. hexhound

hexhound

Resources:
    Resources:
    the #1 thing i would want is a native way to maintain ladders and ban lists for custom maps.

The competitive custom map community took a very big hit when bots were removed. i understand the need to do that, but it becomes exponentially more difficult to maintain a community and to sanction bad actors without the ability to keep track of them, or the carrot of trying to get a good record keeping people honest and fighting until they can't win anymore, instead of leaving as soon as a round doesn't match their idea of a good/perfect start. i think the fear of a loss going on your permanent, account-tied record is necessary to keep competitive-style maps fun in the long run.

6. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We need a map encryption for Warcraft Reforged or people will steal credit for all our hard work.
    Map protection software go out of date really quickly and the developers have stopped updating them.
    It would be great if we had map encryption in the Reforged World Editor so we wouldn't have to make go through this process every every single time.
    Because if the classic team doesn't make one, the community will anyway but it will take time.
    Each patch seems to break the map protectors, so it would be nice to have one official one that didn't break.
    Honestly i just don't see how Reforged custom games will endure if don't have a way to encrypt maps.

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Unless they make custom games like the StarCraft II Arcade where you can only find a map based on the original author who uploaded it. Well, I guess there are some exceptions but I also guess reporting there is a thing.

8. seasand3

seasand3

Resources:
    Resources:
    +++
    yeah thatd be really a good thing!

9. SharSash

SharSash

Resources:
    Resources:
    For some reason I have a feeling that if blizzard makes offcial map protection people will find a way around it in no time, I don't know why

10. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well you could always add an encryption key or something like it.
    It's all about making the process a real hassle.

11. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The dilemma is that you can't encrypt any part of a map without making the game unable to read it.

That's why in principle there's no bulletproof protection. If extra data is added to signal protection (be it something as simple as a single bit, or as complex as a digital signature), people can just change it, or truncate it, or extract relevant data. Bipartitioning the formats in "w3x playable" and "w3x editable" could also be bypassed by engineering a third-party converter.

The best bet is indeed the hassle. It doesn't even have to be a real hassle—I find current protection methods suitable because they bar 99% of would-be looters. Only it won't stop those Chinese money-mongers from profiting.

12. Adunai

Adunai

Resources:
    Resources:
    Like one ones the Archer, Dark Ranger, Death Knight, Druid of the Talon, Jaina and Malfurion have?

The only unit to wear a cape properly is the Blood Mage/Kael.

13. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Casters and hunters wearing hoods/capes/coats makes sense, and the DK is a hero mockin the regal look of a paladin :peasant-rolling-eyes:

14. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Home Scroll Portal cooldown doesn't work.
    Cleaving Attack draws aggro range is bugged and draws aggro from much further than specified.

15. Adunai

Adunai

Resources:
    Resources:
    What is it? The Town Portal Scroll? And does it even have a cooldown?

16. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Town Portal.
    It's always 0 even if you change it.

17. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:

When I speak of cape, im actually talking about the back armor clothing in wow which is ridiculous to be worn by most model heroes and units

Archers, Dark Rangers, Shandris, Riflemen... HOODS/COATS not capes, which makes sense for the appearance of a long range hunter..

Jaina, Furion, Ordinary Archmages, Kael/ Blood Mages, Far Seer (except Thrall), priests, sorceresses, shamans, necromancers, etc... ROBES not capes, which make sense for magical spellcasters...

Paladins, Death Knights... BACK CLOTH TABARDS not capes, which is a realistic symbol for armor-plated knight warrior carrying the banner of his faction/country...

When I speak of capes not fitting for every unit, Im actually talking about those units that does not wear such things lorewise, and appearance-wise would look stupid and does make no sense at all... such as for Demon Hunters, Mountain Kings, Blademasters, Dreadlords...

They should not turn the armor and weapon model appearance close to WoW... it is stupid for a concept of topless demon hunters or blademasters to wear superman capes pretty much like how every armor gear appearance in WoW works...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  18. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Are suggestions still a thing?

I was playing today and noticed that I needed to kill my workers to reduce upkeep.
    So my suggestion is rather quality of life improvement, and let's give those poor hard workers some dignity!

Suggestion:
    Add a 'retire' function for workers, purely aesthetic, where they are removed from the game.

19. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sure, but that's strategy. It takes time to kill a unit so you can relieve upkeep.

20. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah, so it would mess up the core of classic Warcraft 3. Well, maybe add game modes? Classic Wc3, and Refined one.