1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Fill your cup and take your pick among the maps best suited for this year's Hive Cup. The 6th Melee Mapping Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. seasand3

seasand3

Resources:
    Resources:
    +++
    yeah thatd be really a good thing!

2. SharSash

SharSash

Resources:
    Resources:
    For some reason I have a feeling that if blizzard makes offcial map protection people will find a way around it in no time, I don't know why

3. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well you could always add an encryption key or something like it.
    It's all about making the process a real hassle.

4. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The dilemma is that you can't encrypt any part of a map without making the game unable to read it.

That's why in principle there's no bulletproof protection. If extra data is added to signal protection (be it something as simple as a single bit, or as complex as a digital signature), people can just change it, or truncate it, or extract relevant data. Bipartitioning the formats in "w3x playable" and "w3x editable" could also be bypassed by engineering a third-party converter.

The best bet is indeed the hassle. It doesn't even have to be a real hassleā€”I find current protection methods suitable because they bar 99% of would-be looters. Only it won't stop those Chinese money-mongers from profiting.

5. Adunai

Adunai

Resources:
    Resources:
    Like one ones the Archer, Dark Ranger, Death Knight, Druid of the Talon, Jaina and Malfurion have?

The only unit to wear a cape properly is the Blood Mage/Kael.

6. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Casters and hunters wearing hoods/capes/coats makes sense, and the DK is a hero mockin the regal look of a paladin :peasant-rolling-eyes:

7. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Home Scroll Portal cooldown doesn't work.
    Cleaving Attack draws aggro range is bugged and draws aggro from much further than specified.

8. Adunai

Adunai

Resources:
    Resources:
    What is it? The Town Portal Scroll? And does it even have a cooldown?

9. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Town Portal.
    It's always 0 even if you change it.

10. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:

When I speak of cape, im actually talking about the back armor clothing in wow which is ridiculous to be worn by most model heroes and units

Archers, Dark Rangers, Shandris, Riflemen... HOODS/COATS not capes, which makes sense for the appearance of a long range hunter..

Jaina, Furion, Ordinary Archmages, Kael/ Blood Mages, Far Seer (except Thrall), priests, sorceresses, shamans, necromancers, etc... ROBES not capes, which make sense for magical spellcasters...

Paladins, Death Knights... BACK CLOTH TABARDS not capes, which is a realistic symbol for armor-plated knight warrior carrying the banner of his faction/country...

When I speak of capes not fitting for every unit, Im actually talking about those units that does not wear such things lorewise, and appearance-wise would look stupid and does make no sense at all... such as for Demon Hunters, Mountain Kings, Blademasters, Dreadlords...

They should not turn the armor and weapon model appearance close to WoW... it is stupid for a concept of topless demon hunters or blademasters to wear superman capes pretty much like how every armor gear appearance in WoW works...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  11. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Are suggestions still a thing?

I was playing today and noticed that I needed to kill my workers to reduce upkeep.
    So my suggestion is rather quality of life improvement, and let's give those poor hard workers some dignity!

Suggestion:
    Add a 'retire' function for workers, purely aesthetic, where they are removed from the game.

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sure, but that's strategy. It takes time to kill a unit so you can relieve upkeep.

13. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah, so it would mess up the core of classic Warcraft 3. Well, maybe add game modes? Classic Wc3, and Refined one.

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, you could abuse it to train a stronger unit instead say, trade 5 lumber workers for a Tauren or Chimaera.

15. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Theoretically, you can do that now, too. The difference being it takes time to kill them off, instead of retire them. Right?
    So perhaps a time wise penalty to be added? 5-10 seconds before the peasants are 'retired'.

Edit: I understand that this too, changes the strategy of War3 and for the most part people are trying to keep it oldschool.

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And they should be immobilized and possibly made invulnerable so that they won't give you resources in the last seconds, be easy targets to enemies or disappear before enemies can kill them.

17. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've got the updated editor working now, but it's so fucking slow now what is this?

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    For Reforged? You're on a Reforged thread.

19. Xen Skooma

Xen Skooma

Resources:
    Resources:
    ALL models should have swimming animation. Even though it wouldn't be used. but could add new ways for custom maps

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Flying and levitating too.