1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Whisper

Whisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is Wc3R development dead?

2. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I had quite high hopes to see an update today but looks like it is still 'dead'

3. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Guess it's too much work working on the classic wc3 fixing stuff and at same time developing Wc3R.

4. Imperator

Imperator

Resources:
    Resources:
    Have we heard any news at all since wc3r was announced?

5. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, nothing since the Blizzcon.
    Blizzard must be still working on Warcraft III though, since the game received its latest update a month ago. I suppose they work on both classic and Reforged games at the same time.

6. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Are we *supposed* to hear any news at all, before any official beta testing of WC3:R?

7. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hope so. People are getting really impatient on the official forum.

8. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Is it Operation CWAL all over again?

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    warpten?

10. SnowYell

SnowYell

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi

So I have just downloaded through the link Blizzard provided here:
    1.30.2 Patch Notes

And now I can't seem to find World Editor anywhere. Where is it located?

11. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1.30.4 Patch Notes is the latest.
    Also, the World Editor should be in the folder where the game was installed, where the game .exe also is.

12. Yogi-Sothoth

Yogi-Sothoth

Resources:
    Resources:
    More faceless ones models. I would love to see a C'thaxxi model in WCIII reforged.
    More outland tilesets, plus I want these unitized in the campaign
    Water settings: Ocean (water with waves), Lake (water that flows), stale (water that doesn't move)
    Dummy RPG units with the ability to pick up weapons, and armor.

13. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am still strongly against UI change, it's needlesly made to look like league of legends and other moba games, while you forget that people use more spells than 4 on characters in custom maps, and 12 button grid is a must, it's used by hundreds of maps in unique ways with submenues and other stuff. Not to mention that you are throwing away tousands of icon assets that community has made. UI should be like original and customizeable on top of it not to be replaced by this moba style cookie-cutter open ui. Also Round buttons/icons are also bad, they show less of the icon, are incompatibile with original assets and ones we created over the years and should be refashioned to square button layout, there is no reason for them to be round at all.
    What should be done instead on top of original style ui is to allow people to rebind abilities, choose from several presets, be it original binds in english or any other language(they do differ), bind stuff for each spell or command grid slot by yourself, or have modern bind preset that overwrites hotkeys from the map, setting bottom row to QWER layout, mid row to 1234 and top row to stay how it was in english (M-Move, S-Stop, H-Hold, A-attack).
    Option to add new menues for equipment or more spells or custom item systems natively with option to hide them like team resources tab but from bottom right corner or to use space of 16:9 ui to the right of the original grid(4:3 players would get roll up instead).
    This way you preserve the assets created by us, and make it compatibile with older maps, and allow new icons to be used in classic wc3 aswell. Having it as it was in Culling demo is big NO. Also dont even mention that people see more, because it's both unreliable and unreliable "advantage" with original ui it's fair and 99.9% identical for everyone since all racial UI's dont stick out too much in any case. There is no need ot change that, and players dont need to see more of the screen. What could be usefull is to bring back that camera height from 1.28 that was patched out if you really want to improve visibility a bit

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Kacpa2 chill man, it's only for the campaign.

15. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And the round icons are simply a matter of webdesign, it has nothing to do with the game itself.

While I don't really care what the UI looks like (apart from visual style), they should definitely take care to maintain compatibility with custom maps that make use of 5+ buttons. However, compatibility with existing custom maps is a stated goal of the Blizzard Classic team, and they are aware of its importance.

Personally I have faith in the development team (not so much in the 3rd-party art department) to respect the modding community and its existing creations. It is after all the sole reason this game is still so popular more than 15 years after its release, and they are aware of that.
    Many of the developers are in fact part of this community themselves, and the way they communicate with the community and listen to suggestions and feedback is frankly unparallelled as far as I know.

16. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Even so, it still makes no sense to change it honestly.

17. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I dunno, there's definitely room for improvement. For example, it makes more sense to put command buttons at the bottom and abilities at the top, and now they can take advantage of full widescreen space. It would be weird if they didn't redesign the UI.

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And it's probably for ladder too.

19. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    One thing that surprises me is how they still haven't revealed Night Elves cosmetics. I mean - come on - it's one of the 4 playable races not some side detail.

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe to avoid us commenting like we did with the rest :D shoulder pads and all.