1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You mean directly in GUI? It already exists in JASS

2. SpiritTauren

SpiritTauren

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Adding it to GUI would be sweet.
    I need a custom script line that queues animation by its index. So far, I found only the one that queues it by string.
    Would you kindly PM me or post here what you know of it? I've spent some time searching the hive forums, and the threads showed me that there's none. Several users claimed that one can call animation by index (that I know myself), but that there's no such option for queue, unless you create custom functions
    in JASS.
    To play animation I'm using this:
    Code (Text):
    call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_FctVAR_Cycled_Unit, udg_FctVAR_AttackAnimIndex)
    ByIndex doesn't exist for Queue.

True/False?

3. Restor

Restor

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dont know if someone already mentioned it, or if it is possible in editor already (I think not), but It would be cool if every player could have his own minimap that differs from others (my minimap would in that case be different than your minimap) AFAIK there is only one "shared" minimap for every player

4. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I'm afraid I kind of misunderstood what you meant, also I misread "adding queue animation by index" for "set animation by index". I've searched a bit there isn't really any queue unit animation by index, you're right.

Each player has its own minimap that differs in what aspects? That's so vague.

5. viktor1995

viktor1995

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh god, please no. Finally they can make it more serious as they wanted in the first place, they went for the goofy "cuter" look because of engine limitations. Reforged is restoring the intended visual you can see from the concept arts (not to mention the previous two instalments of Warcraft rts). Please Blizzard don't ruin it with goofy look, its already stylized enough.

6. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Restor nice to see another oldguy 'round here ;D
    You mean in terms of UI? Underneath, I'm pretty sure each player already has his own minimap instance: currently, it changes accordingly when you modify the player's camera bounds.

7. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think he meant the actual minimap image file. There is one that is shared among all players, but he would like to be able to pick a different image for each player.

8. SpiritTauren

SpiritTauren

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Attention! Do not mistake this post for help request. I explain the issue and provide current working solution (known to hive members), which could be simplified with a small tweak to World Editor.

Another topic to discuss: creating (and saving to) item types (in fact, integers) from hashtables. Adding a preset line to trigger actions wouldn't hurt.
    To create an item from item type stored (as integer) in hashtable, one has to do it manually via custom code, since available GUI preset actions work only with items and item handles, but not types.

For example:
    For a random inventory slot (IndexA 1 to 6=max inventory size):

After initialization, generic custom item types are stored as arrays. Then I distribute some individual (virtual) item hashtable stats to units. Finally, these units should get real items in their inventory associated with additional data stored in hashtables.
    I do not wish to spawn an item to save its handle (because it doesn't load when you remove item afterwards, and I cannot allow waits, and many other reasons).

Instead, I save item types of all items (by inventory index and unit's unique ID, for each in-game unique unit) to hashtable as integer:

Code (Text):
    call SaveInteger(udg_HashtableName, GetRandomInt(1, 6), udg_UniqueUnitID,udg_ItemTypeArray[udg_ItemTypeIndex])

then, to create an item of a specific item type (which will be given to unit shortly after being created) loop IndexA=(1 to 6):

Code (Text):
    call CreateItemLoc(LoadInteger(udg_HashtableName, GetForLoopIndexA(), udg_UniqueUnitID), udg_TempPoint )
    , remove leaks etc.

then, whenever necessary, item types of items in inventory slots must be saved: item type=TempItemType, loop indexA=(1 to 6):

Code (Text):
    call SaveInteger(udg_HashtableName, GetForLoopIndexA(), udg_UniqueUnitID,udg_TempItemType)
    In fact, same idea as the first code line.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  9. AlwaysAndForever

AlwaysAndForever

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    - Add "Folders" into Variables section, so we can put some variables in the folder and make them easier to find (which variables are for which triggers). Just like Trigger Editor.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think it is also good to add folders to the Sound Editor and Import Manager. And we can delete the folder instead of find files and delete them one by one. Because some maps use a lot of files and sounds.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And in the Trigger Editor, Variables section, Sound Editor and Import Manager make us create folder into folder.
    Example: Abilities Folder in that folder we can create new folder hook, arrow, shockwave and ....

And can you make drag sound instead of move sound up or down!? like Trigger Editor.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And why I cannot delete the folder!? It's custom folder in Units section, instead of remove them one by one.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  10. SpiritTauren

SpiritTauren

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    That's a brilliant idea. As of now, I have to call all important variables (especially the ones that cannot be recycled, due to their real time check) in a specific way (with prefixes, thus wasting the name length on them), or it becomes a mess. And trust me, if you haven't worked on a project for a couple of months (or even years) and return to it, you don't want to spend hours trying to understand what atrocious unspeakable things you did in the past, that your past self decided to punish your future self with this never-ending glory list of variables. Whilst comments help with trigger structure and parts within triggers, it is very unsettling to keep a manual track of variables. The worst part is when you create several variables for a large chunk and then find a way to recycle some, and won't need that many after all. Then the fun part starts when you have to remember and weed out the unused ones. Folders could bring us salvation. Regrouping for the visual purpose only is akin to Blizzard's own editor () suffix part for each unit/ability etc.
    Vars.jpg

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  11. Napoqe

Napoqe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some Suggestions:

Reforged I wish that do not end up with dialogue textboxes. Because most community campaigns I think are amateurs and do not have voice actors for speaks and talks.

The hotkeys of the classic and reforged items have to be different (for me it's bad). Can be customized, defined by map maker, etc. On my keyboard, which follows the Brazilian structure, the numlock numbers are so far away that I think it takes 2 seconds to reach with my left hand on them, or I have take away my right hand from the mouse to use them. Also counting on the confusions.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  12. Astrella

Astrella

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  13. Napoqe

Napoqe

Resources:
    Resources:
    I read some of your link texts. And I think most cases do not require this complexity. Just look at the example of Dota 2, but I also think this option good however it does not cover the part of the items.
    I think it would be cool if Blizzard made a graphic interface in the game options for hotkeys. Besides making it more comfortable for most players and helping those noobs.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  14. Astrella

Astrella

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh yeah, definitely including a proper in game interface for it would be preferable, just wanted to help you along for the moment. :)

15. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Will all models get updated in reforged, or it will be like this?
    upload_2019-2-5_12-46-56.png

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Do you mean, the editor icons?

17. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
    .mdl, .blp .... All of these art stuffs. I was afraid that they only reforge some of them, maybe only what in melee and campaigns.

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, the campaign contains more than the melee assets (basically all of the game's artistic resources) and those will be modified as already mentioned by the Classic Team. More than that, there will be new skins/models too.

19. Napoqe

Napoqe

Resources:
    Resources:
    One of the main goals of Reforged is new game arts, but with the same classic Warcraft 3 gameplay. Maybe the only arts that will not have "Remake" are the bonus like those of Starcraft like Marine, etc. However, could import from 2.

20. Garfielf

Garfielf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Diagonal cliffs