1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Except not only no one cares about aesthetic variation in melee games but also should be kept untouchable. If variation was used, it should be used only in custom games then.
    That looks like more a lazy and impatient mapmaker style which rushes things. Instead, a mapmaker should learn/acquire the ability to carefully analyse and do his stuff while understanding what he's actually doing, then when a great amount of things are done and look solid, run a test. Rushing and hoping to do things fast is a give away and will take more time to review and refix things, not even realtime map making will save you from there. Rome wasn't built in one day :)

2. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    importing with drag and drop?
    creating new objects on the terrain with drag and drop?

3. IsBrainExist

IsBrainExist

Resources:
    Resources:
    Exactly! I'm lazy and impatient. You know about me too much... but I think there are lazy, impatient people more than diligent, patient people.
    I agreed that realtime editing, RE may make mapmakers lazy and unplanned.
    However, even if RE comes true, planning is still very important thing as you said.
    I believe that RE and good planning can make good synergy.

4. Jeppe109

Jeppe109

Resources:
    Resources:
    My input (Disregard what has already been mentioned):

More campaign units, so for instance the keystone altars in Silvermoon aren't just Altars of Kings
    Player-owned terrain and destructibles
    Riders on the Storm Reforged
    Founding of Durotar Reforged (with fast travel)
    Warchasers Reforged (Where you don't get stuck at the beginning if you don't kill the creeps before too many spawn)
    Ability to swap out textures on models, so we won't have hundreds of slightly recolored duplicate models for creeps and campaign units.
    Ability to make custom sound sets for units without having to replace another one.
    Ability to remove a Haunted or Entangled Gold Mine from the game without creating a normal gold mine in it's place. Also, to make custom Gold Mine buildings that leave a gold mine behind when destroyed. In general, less hardcoded unit deletion; so the hash id of units is saved in more cases, like when an acolyte is sacrificed to make a shade, or when a wisp is used to build an ancient.
    Build style not race-dependent, i.e. the ability to give all races speedbuilding or autobuild
    Placable and editable clouds in maps, rolling weather.
    A new water texture instead of recycling it like was done for Starcraft 2
    Shapeable buildings and caves, where the roof becomes see-through when units enter.
    Multiple floor support for custom maps.
    Thick forest "cliff" type like in the Alpha.
    Crisper keyboard control, support for camera panning with the mouse and first person elements...
    Pathing palette, instead of having to place hundreds of pathing blocker doodads.
    Better trigger UI, ability to easily make index tables for units and other objects.
    Skybox for abyss
    Ability to interpolate instant movement from triggers, to allow for smoother custom spells
    Ability to get AI variables for triggers, like what they consider their primary base, first hero etc.
    Ability to attach models to unit portraits, so we won't have to reimport them to make minor changes.
    Modifiable Building "flying" Height
    Ability to make more models walkable, not just Bridges but buildings too.
    Animated lava
    Water flow
    Less Campaign Items; Make most of them map-specific, rather than bundled with the game
    Make Unit is a Hero a boolean in the unit editor
    Support for advanced inventory systems and crafting mechanics for use in custom maps
    Tree animations can be globally changed through triggers for multiple weather types
    Mal Ganis' Dark Conversion changes owning player
    Easily able to make AI unable to give orders to certain units you need for triggers.
    Player units can be made uncontrollable (i.e. "wards") through triggers, without having to take up a player slot
    Better support for multiple blight-type terrain mods
    Buffs part of ability code
    Ability to change basic command and UI icons per-race or player, like in the beta.
    Support for more stats
    Easily coded units in cages, patrol patterns etc.
    Replaceable build animations and other spawnmodels (i.e. Undead, Night Elf and Naga build anims, Illidan caged, building debris etc)
    Ability to make custom lipsyncs
    Support for Custom Campaign Cinematics
    Ability to save parts of a map script for piecewise import in later maps.
    Support for custom tiles
    Ability to Set Fake Player Name for Unit
    Color Wheel Team Colors for Custom Maps
    Limit Race choices for Custom Maps
    Ability to change Minimap texture in the course of a game (So it can be changed to fit new camera Bounds, for instance)
    Ability to change Player Placement Priorities in a map (i.e Teams together and the like)
    Ability to choose the function names of drag-and-drop triggers
    Ability to change internal names of map strings, consistent internal names for map title and description.
    Better local variable usability
    Better support for custom playlists
    Light map editor, with placable light sources and the like
    Ability to disable certain animations for units, and play animations for attachments (so riding units can be made more easily)
    Ubersplats placable in standard editor (floor runes, scorched earth, bloody writing and the like)
    Support for custom ubersplats, pathing maps and lightning effect

Support for players joining custom maps mid-game, and observers joining matches mid-game

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  5. IsBrainExist

IsBrainExist

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hero my one Suggestion for make GUI script more efficient. It's about if functions.
    See the example.
    • Example
      • Events
        • Map Initialization
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • If (All conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Condtions
            • (Random integer number between 1 and 10) equal to 1
            • Or - Any (Condtions) are true
              • Conditions
                • (Random integer number between 1 and 20) equal to 1
                • (Random integer number between 1 and 30) equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • Else - Actions

And this GUI trigger in Jass.

Inefficient Jass

Code (vJASS):

function Trig_Example_Func001Func003C takes nothing returns boolean
        if ( ( GetRandomInt(1, 20) == 1 ) ) then
            return true
        endif
        if ( ( GetRandomInt(1, 30) == 1 ) ) then
            return true
        endif
        return false
    endfunction

function Trig_Example_Func001C takes nothing returns boolean
        if ( not ( GetRandomInt(1, 10) == 1 ) ) then
            return false
        endif
        if ( not Trig_Example_Func001Func003C() ) then
            return false
        endif
        return true
    endfunction

function Trig_Example_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
        if ( Trig_Example_Func001C() ) then
            call DoNothing(  )
        else
        endif
    endfunction

//===========================================================================
    function InitTrig_Example takes nothing returns nothing
        set gg_trg_Example = CreateTrigger(  )
        call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Example, function Trig_Example_Actions )
    endfunction

I think making new function for And Condtions(Trig_Example_Func001C) is inefficient, new function is only needed for Or Condtions(Trig_Example_Func001Func003C).

And

Code (vJASS):

if ( not ( GetRandomInt(1, 10) == 1 ) ) then
            return false

this thing is very ridiculous.
    It's exactly same as 'if ( GetRandomInt(1, 10) == 1 ) then'
    So, I want to improve this like below.

Efficient Jass

Code (vJASS):

function Trig_Example_Func001Func003C takes nothing returns boolean
        if ( ( GetRandomInt(1, 20) == 1 ) ) then
            return true
        endif
        if ( ( GetRandomInt(1, 30) == 1 ) ) then
            return true
        endif
        return false
    endfunction

if ( GetRandomInt(1, 10) == 1 ) then
        if Trig_Example_Func001Func003C() then
            call DoNothing(  )
        endif
        else
        endif
    endfunction

//===========================================================================
    function InitTrig_Example takes nothing returns nothing
        set gg_trg_Example = CreateTrigger(  )
        call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Example, function Trig_Example_Actions )
    endfunction

If functions are very important and oftenly used in trigger, so I think this must be fixed.

6. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Might as well remove the brakets, use "=" instead of "==" and even remove "end" statements, if you want cleaner code

7. IsBrainExist

IsBrainExist

Resources:
    Resources:
    -Replace '==' with '='
    I think '==' is 'always' confirmed as boolean comparison in jass.
    So if '==' are replaced to '=', the script must distinct whether '=' is used as 'set variable = blah blah' or 'boolean1 = boolean2' in context.
    That distinction requires more calculations so I think it will be inefficient and slow eventually.
    But I can't confirm that because I don't know all about internal mechanisms of jass.

-Remove 'end...'
    Removing end declarations may cause confusing.
    Let's see new example below, it's similar with example above.
    Code (vJASS):

call DoNothing(  )
        endif
        else Actions
        endif
    endfunction

function blahblah

Remove 'end' as you said, then

Code (vJASS):

call DoNothing(  )
        else Actions

function blahblah

It looks nice, but it's confusing because where 'else Actions' should be included.
    It could be

Code (vJASS):

call DoNothing(  )
            else Actions
        endif
        endif
    endfunction

function blahblah

or

Code (vJASS):

call DoNothing(  )
        endif
        else Actions
        endif
    endfunction

function blahblah

This kind of confusing case may be applied to endfunction, or end blahblah too.
    So end declarations must not be removed. (but I think endfunction is possible to be removed.)

8. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Why in the world is it even needed to change the syntax?
    endfunction and endif are needed to declare where the function ends, just like when you declare a function, you must declare where it ends, easy, simple, efficient, easy to follow the logic, repetitive, easy, simple, efficient, easy to follow the logic, repetitive, easy, simple, efficient, easy to follow the logic, repetitive. Removing makes no god damn sense.
    Not to mention it would break a lot of maps who use jass or even vjass. That's not what any one wants, right?
    if boolean_a == true is like saying boolean_a is Equal to True, just like an integer if integer_a is Equal to value. It's a universal limitop just like != besides, you don't want to break custom maps with this irrelevant change :p haha

9. Sxar

Sxar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    For the game: choices that open missions or even secret maps. I think most of the players don't want to play again the same whole story again without nothing new. Instead a single player adventure with choices in-game like starcraft 2 campaing for warcraft would be awesome.

Here are a few ideas for the campaign:
    - The propeth make the offer, you can take it or reject it even with Jaina, then fight with Arthas till the end for eastern kingdoms.
    - Grommash can reject the demon's blood.
    - Kael can reject Illidan help and fight with Garithos
    - Sylvanas can control Garithos instead to kill him but kill Varimanthras instead.
    - Jaina takes Frostmourne instead after rejects the propeth and seen Arthas dies.
    - Uther or Antonidas travels with the human forces instead to Kalimdor.
    - The final battle against Archimonde would be awesome if it's a mix of all the heroes and choices you have already made through the whole campaign.

For World Editor: simple 3D basic model editor integrated.

10. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is some hardcore retcon! I would like to see what WoW would be like with all those choices :p

11. seasand3

seasand3

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey guys,
    here is my ideas/my wishlist for enforged! i posted this on a blizzard forum aswell:

first off: i think wc3 reforged is the best thing been done with the warcraft-franchise, thumbs up!!
    this is my wishlist for wc3 reforged:
    - defend animations for murlocs and skeletons, (and maybe ice revenants and other units with shields)
    - burrow animation for cryptlord
    - hotkeys for itemslots (in custom maps if there are balancing-reasons not to implement them into the melee game)
    - more than 12 ability slots would be great for custom maps (im mostly a mapmaker;)
    - compatibility for model-formats (like for example .x ). A lot of maps use custom models, it would be great if there was an easy way to port those to something near the new graphic-level (if that means to redo them, a proper way of import and compatibility would facilitate that a lot)

Alright, thats my thoughts for reforged. that and: the ghouls and, above all, the dreadlock model look terrificly awesome;)

12. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    While World Editor feature you asked would be great, about other stuff here is my thought:
    Blizzard give me back my money for both classic and reforged if you choose this way of 'altering' story

13. Sxar

Sxar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    It's simple: that would mean that Blizzard will have a HUGE altered story in Azeroth to continue exploding it with alterated time lines of this content in a short time. They already have explored some of this stuffs with WoD and Infinite dragon flight or even the frostlich Jaina in hearthstone. However, that will also do the campaing replayable. For a single player game that is absoluty wonderful. Of course, WoW main events still being the principal timeline.

There is a game for nintendo's DS, Radiant Historia, that explode this kind of timeline development in a REALLY smart and majestic performance.

14. Zephyrius2412

Zephyrius2412

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    * What could be awsome is to make recolored textures or parts of textures for creeps (which were so far just tinted with editor and that was not really aesthetic), or just make a recoloring option for the armor ? OR, but that implicate more work, define for every models parts that could be separately tinted, like the armor, the skin, the hairs, etc... and we could choose blend type like in Photoshop (am I gone too far ?). You will say it will be possible with the internal model editor but it would implicate to have an additional model for each recolor we want and it could be difficult to targat a part of the model and modify it etc... if you understand what I mean.

* Expand the limits of the interface by making scrolling bar for unit selection pannel (similar to Starcraft II) and for the buttons pannel (when the number is exceded).
    * Zoom for minimap ?

* Blizzard could see for a "bonus campaign" in a different timeline where some things are altered.

As I repeat, everything we suggest could be done for Reforged or in extensions or patches.
    Don't forget we will probably pay the game once and that's it, so Blizzard can't find budget in a unique payment. It's better (I think) to divide additional content in extensions, but never, NEVER make little payments like in Starcraft II to buy that (people will hate this), but consistents extensions with maybe physical release ?

PS: Sorry for my English.

15. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
  16. Zephyrius2412

Zephyrius2412

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
  17. Razorburst

Razorburst

Resources:
    Resources:
    that when autocompleting skill descriptions, real values are written, they are only set integers and it is annoying to replace one by one each '' 1.50 '' '' 1.60 '' especially in passive as critical blow or evasion

18. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    Able to send statistics to map author. Totally usefull to balancing map, especially moba :p Like their pickrate, win/loss ratio, for every hero. And maybe option for players to send replay data.
    So there is a trigger to send a bunch of data (created by yourself) to the author. Well, it require the map to be integrated directly with their account. And when hosting there is an option to disable it.

19. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    • You know what would be great? If we have a better control over our units and armies. For example we can select a group of units based on type with a hotkey. 1 = footmen 2 = riflemen 3 = sorceresses , etc...

20. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    That would disable control groups.
    You can already select all units of type ctrl clicking a unit.

Or clicking the unit type in the selection bar, will select all of that kind.
    Or just pressing tab / shift tab.