Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Artistic/Textures/UI Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Sieben, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    *was
    Communities centered around all roleplaying maps collapse because of desyncs and disconnects ruinning even moreof the games.
    Overall number of olayers diminished severly aswell to a point where only european server is relatively decently populated, and only maps that are played are relatively fast and simple with low amount of slots to fill especially to reduce chnaces and severity of desyncs.
    RF was highly destructive to the community so far....

2. SebioL

SebioL

Resources:
    Resources:
    On the other hand, I believe that a lot of people are currently playing more Offline, especially the new generation that is joining. Despite all the inconsistencies, the new game still becomes a reference, not only because of its appeal to the graphics engine, new UI or artistic designer, but because it brought the name WC3 back to the shelves, the game has a reputation and international headlines, any relaunch can attract a lot of people, even if most are still outside of online networks.

3. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    It did do that.....in worst and most damaging way possible, way that turned away almost every newcomer from the game. It would do it for the best if it was a more faithful remaster. Minus all the outrage, issues and other mess that killed it in the water... it would ofc still probably have problems with desyncs but that would be more of the same from 1.31. and prior, while without broken menues and singleplayer or missing features... and no outrage for not meeting the promises and entirely broken game. It would just grow even through some minor growing pains.... and we would enjoy the game still in bigger numbers

4. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Ported Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yo can we improve the lighting or shading system so it actually enhances the models' look

5. SebioL

SebioL

Resources:
    Resources:
    I confess that I always liked the "childish" style of the models. But I think that the new designer brought a new feel to the game, maybe we just need to get used to it. The models with a high amount of polygonal and in Blizzard standards, we have already experimented a lot with the HOTS modifications / conversions. But this is a much debated discussion, I will not go into that.
    We really need to manipulate this graphics engine better, perhaps with a lighter and more practical MOD than Quenching, we also still have serious problems mainly in textures, even converting models from other games to HD form, we still find it difficult to apply their textures with the same quality.