1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Artistic/Textures/UI Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Sieben, Nov 4, 2018.

1. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
  2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I wouldn't be surprised seeing a Disney Warcraft movie sometime in the future.

3. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well Disney will buy everything and everyone eventually....and it will be horrible xD

4. Duke

Duke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So If there are any experienced modelers in this thread I wanted to ask - do you think "simple" model edits will still be possible on HD assets? Like now I can take a unit, import a head geoset from another one and glue it. Then import animations, wrap some different texture and I have a brand new model with realtively little effort. I can do that with Magos, mdlvis and Matrix Eater without the need of heavy weight 3D modeling software. Would you say this still will be viable? Or will the effort and knowledge required increase dramaticaly?

5. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It can be done but model format will be changed so tools have to be upgraded or you need to first convert new format back to mdx,edit and then convert it back, but changing a head or weapon will still not be a big problem

6. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Depends if format changes to blizzards .m3 one.....if it does then simple edits for less experienced people are thing of the past because it will require learning 3ds max and or Blender and converting the models there and back in. Unless Retera will work extra to make .m3 version of the matrix eater but it may not be so easy because m3 isnt like mdx. Maybe some built in coverter like neodex could help but its still adds to complexity and will cause loss of some effects, animations and rigging may partially corrupt and so on. For sake of makong it easy for all people and not limiting model edits and such to just more advamced modders it would be best if format stays the same. But then Blizzard said they will release tools to work on the models so we may get something as a code base to work off if format is changed. In the past what we got was mediocre and locked to single version of 3ds max so it was kind of shit, but we got tools made from this for more versions like neodex. So in the end i dunno if it answears your question exacly but in short it may lock out newbies severly or only slightly depending on the tools if format is different or not at all if it is the same as now

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  7. Duke

Duke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks guys. I hope that modders will come up with some tools that will be able edit new formats the same as mdx. I would greatly miss being able to do these quick edits

8. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's why they should try their best to keep it in mind. Officially released tools are mostly useless for such stuff, they usually only serve as basis for community made ones later that are much better. I doubt it will really change, all tools we always had for most blizzard games are community made, Blizzard artists always work on 3DS max so, only thing we got was version bound converter/import-export tool with some game specific effect support.
    Addition of these metallic effects and other stuff may cause issues tho....magos wont handle this neither will mdlvis, so simple model rewrapping and vertex editing may be done for if they do it wrong.

9. Duke

Duke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well lets hope for the best then

10. czh123

czh123

Resources:
    Resources:
    The rebirth mod like patching up a sable coat with a dog's tail ,the newest Rebirth version Arthas model has too many bugs,especially the cloak, and most of models portrait are awful,some parts are dark,the mod like a semi-finished products.

11. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Can you specify the bugs? I have seen no problems with portraits, Arthas' cape is what it should be as you can see from here https://i.ytimg.com/vi/TwtbTUF_EdE/maxresdefault.jpg

also I suggest you to take a look at him in this video where he is shown close up, ingame view and also in a cinematic.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  12. czh123

czh123

Resources:
    Resources:
    I doubt whether you are blind,the cape obvious doesn't fit with the body well,the cape need to be moved above,and the hammer is too ordinary,not like the advertising image.

Attached Files:

13. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Cape is made same as the picture I've shown, the referance is there, hammer has been changed for to be inline with Warcraft III ordinary look is the needed one again referance is here https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/767876.jpg , cape has no problem at all, only team color is shown like this in mdlvis and not in game

Adsız.png I would keep this look if it was what Arthas was looking like in Warcraft III but it was a model made back then when we only had Hearthstone as a referance, Bfa came up and it ended up looking alot better

14. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DistortedConsciousArthropods-mobile.jpg as you can see cape ends same as it did in BFA, those parts on shoulders were added to show that they are the area that cape starts, here is the reason, that's why it is not moved more above and will not be moved above further in the future cause it is how it was made in the cinematic which we duplicate the same look

15. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It is from the same cinematic, It looks like this with animation set and bones we have thus I won't edit it more, I'm pretty happy with it and people are too

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think you're just too choosy.

17. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It is actually a part of armor https://media.discordapp.net/attach...-wallace-bfa-armor_1.jpg?width=755&height=472 it should be even lower like this but I moved it abit more above for making it's bones fit with wc3 animations, I will not work further on it since it will turn out not connected to the parts of the shoulder pads which meant to hold the cape

18. czh123

czh123

Resources:
    Resources:
    I‘m sorry,I’m mistaken about you

19. czh123

czh123

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm in the Return of storm QQ group,I admit their models are better than rebirth,because their models are call for much deliberation.

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please use the green Edit button at the bottom of your posts and add text there instead of writing one post after another of yours unless it's an important update.
    Site Rules