• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.31 PTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Level 1
Warcraft 3 1.28 version is installed on my computer. I am trying to update version 1.31, but warcraft 3 reforged wants me to download it. 1.31 I can't. help with this. I have reforged installed but want custom code. You need to buy this game. Can anyone do 1.31?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You need to buy this game.
Yes you need to buy Warcraft III to play it. This has always been the case. Either a RoC CD key for Classic alone or Reforged for Classic + Reforged is a requirement to play Warcraft III.

The PTR is no longer available and newer versions of Warcraft III have been released since then. You will need to download Warcraft III from the BattleNet application to continue using the latest version of Warcraft III. If you are a long time player then you need to make sure your RoC CD key is attached to your BattleNet account so that Warcraft III with classic graphics can keep being played. TFT was merged into RoC so TFT CD Keys are now worthless.

Level 11
Warcraft 3 1.28 version is installed on my computer. I am trying to update version 1.31, but warcraft 3 reforged wants me to download it. 1.31 I can't. help with this. I have reforged installed but want custom code. You need to buy this game. Can anyone do 1.31?
You CAN play 1.31 patch, though you will need to download a game folder from people, who have it saved as backup (look through the forums). It is NOT a pirate version, however, so you will need a valid Key to activate it.

Version 1.31 is the latest version of original Warcraft 3 (Though personally, I'd suggest getting 1.30.4 or 1.29 instead, for they are more stable).

TFT was merged into RoC so TFT CD Keys are now worthless.
It isn't worthless, for you may still need it for activation of the older patc

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
It isn't worthless, for you may still need it for activation of the older patc
It is worthless because as far as I am aware Blizzard no longer authenticates their presence. Sure they can be attached to your BattleNet account but Warcraft III still requires just a RoC CD key to function.

Since TFT CD keys are not authenticated, a generated or place holder one could be used for legacy purposes of installing and running TFT. The RoC key still must be genuine since that is still authenticated and used to play Warcraft III.

Level 11
It is worthless because as far as I am aware Blizzard no longer authenticates their presence. Sure they can be attached to your BattleNet account but Warcraft III still requires just a RoC CD key to function.

Since TFT CD keys are not authenticated, a generated or place holder one could be used for legacy purposes of installing and running TFT. The RoC key still must be genuine since that is still authenticated and used to play Warcraft III.
I will try it out again when I get the chance, but I had to activate patch 1.30.4 game a few weeks ago, and had to enter both keys.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I will try it out again when I get the chance, but I had to activate patch 1.30.4 game a few weeks ago, and had to enter both keys.
As far as I am aware that just checks the structure of the key and does not perform a licence check on BattleNet. The licence check is now performed when logging into Warcraft III, which is only possible with the current version of Warcraft III.

Status
Not open for further replies.