• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.30.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I recently played in 1.30.4 and had the following issues:

1. Orc Shaman now has english voice in the german version of the game.

2. Also the attached trigger only works in parts since the 1.30x patches though it fully worked in earlier versions and was left unchanged. The credits don't play and it doesn't run the loop actions 1-15 (special effects) anymore.

3. I further noticed that some sound channels have drastically different volumes than previously. (since 1.30x patches)

4. I get desyncs in several different funmaps that worked previously (my map is among these). Should I attach it?

Thanks for listening and hopefully you can fix it :)

zDaZQs5.jpg

2. Also the attached trigger only works in parts since the 1.30x patches though it fully worked in earlier versions and was left unchanged. The credits don't play and it doesn't run the loop actions 1-15 (special effects) anymore.
They changed the sound engine to FMOD, and that's why things work differently now. However, I believe that it is now actually working better than Miles, even though some things work differently than before.

Sound - Play Credits
- please go to the Sound Editor and check the sound properties. Change Effect to Default and Channel to General, if they are different.

Loop Actions
- Waits in For Loops don't work anymore so well. I noticed this in my testing.
- You should make a periodic trigger, which you turn on and off instead of using For Loops with Waits

3. I further noticed that some sound channels have drastically different volumes than previously. (since 1.30x patches)
Yes, but it might be that they are now working as they should, while before we were used to how Miles worked, even though it was partially broken.

4. I get desyncs in several different funmaps that worked previously (my map is among these). Should I attach it?
Yes, I think @Kam will appreciate it. Many fun maps have been desyncing since 1.30.4, and Blizzard has not released a patch to address the issues.

Last edited:
Level 4
Hey @Tommi Gustafsson and thanks for the quite detailed feedback.

Sound - Play Credits
The reason I mentioned it is that the sound plays if I play it from anywhere else, it just doesnt work in this trigger anymore :/

Waits in Loop Actions
uh - any idea why they work worse than before? I use wait's in loop actions a lot. Hope this is not part of the desync problem. Also maybe this can be fixed? It's a very convenient feature for a GUI mapper. I used it for the spawns in my TD for example.

Desyncs are very common in my map now i'm afraid. Launch it once with 6 people and you will have plenty of data im afraid :eek: There will usually be desyncs on gamestart and during the game. Map attached.

Thanks for investigating. Im pretty sure i also had it in some sort of footy I hosted but i didnt play in a while and can't test it with enough players currently.

Attachments

• Battle.net TD 1.27e.w3x
    5.1 MB · Views: 173
Level 2
It seems that the way integers are handled in the game has been broken somewhere.

For example, the following trigger used to work Perfectly, but now (sometimes or even often) does not:

Events
--- Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
--- (Ability being cast) equal to Self-pause
Actions
--- Set IntegerA = (IntegerA + 1)
--- Set Caster[IntegerA] = (Triggering unit)
--- Pause (Triggering unit)
--- Wait 2.00 seconds
--- Set IntergerB = (IntegerB + 1)
--- Unpause Caster[IntegerB]

Here the paused unit will now sometimes remain paused after the 2 seconds.
Before bnet 1.28 this didn’t happen, ever - even with many players casting the spell simultaneously.

Last edited:
Level 3
It seems that the way integers are handled in the game has been broken somewhere.

For example, the following trigger used to work Perfectly, but now (sometimes or even often) does not:

Events
--- Unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
--- Ability being cast is equal to Self-pause
Actions
--- Set IntegerA = (IntegerA + 1)
--- Set Caster[IntegerA] = (Triggering unit)
--- Pause (Triggering unit)
--- Wait 2.00 seconds
--- Set IntergerB = (IntegerB +1)
--- Unpause Caster[IntegerB]

Here the paused unit will now sometimes remain paused after the 2 seconds.
Before bnet 1.28 this didn’t happen, ever - even with many players casting the spell simultaneously.

Do you use IntegerA/IntegerB in some other triggers?

Level 2
well at least the description reminds me of my problem where i didnt change a thing about the map but some functions stopped working after the patches
I just discovered that some variables have had their “variable type” field nullified.
That is: The field is blank, and you have to specify the type again. Otherwise they don’t appear in trigger actions previously configured to use them.

Maybe it’s the same for you.

I’ll check if this fixes my issue, once I get the time to go through the rest of 500+ variables and test the map they’re used in.

Level 14
Either make raise terrain limits editable withing prefferences of world editor or fix game not accepting UI folder with misc text file for configuring it to be unlimited. It's messing up with terraining on my map now and i cant go back to older version to tweak it since it's made for 24 players now. And do it in the nearest update if possible. It's nessesary

Level 14
Ah and if it isnt still done(i was playing much innresent months online). Make games keep ongoing even if hosting player leaves/looses/disconnects. Its dumb and when we had bots we didnt have to worry about it.

Level 4
I just discovered that some variables have had their “variable type” field nullified.
That is: The field is blank, and you have to specify the type again. Otherwise they don’t appear in trigger actions previously configured to use them.

Maybe it’s the same for you.

I’ll check if this fixes my issue, once I get the time to go through the rest of 500+ variables and test the map they’re used in.

nice hint, but my variable types are okay

Status
Not open for further replies.