1. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft III - Patch 1.30.4

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Landmine, Jan 16, 2019.

1. DoctorGester

DoctorGester

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I literally did not blame it on floats, like I said in my first post which you might have read before replying: "it's just an example", not even specific to warcraft 3, but pointed at general lockstep tech.

And yeah sure it worked so fine that there is literally no such thing as a floating point type in starcraft 2, where instead fixed type is used, clearly they just selected an inferior solution to degrade their game performance and make people buy more powerful PCs, not because floating point calculations are extremely hard to make deterministic across different machines.

2. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ok then, misunderstanding happened

3. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    Please fix the sounds issues. Right now sounds like Infernals and Elementals dying, Undead humming sound, Dark Conversion and probably some others are not geographically localized and are instead played at max volume to all players ears directly!! -_- This makes it a torture to play the game sometimes.

4. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Did something happen to unlimited raise and lower terrain? It seems like WE is ignoring Miscdata i put in the UI folder. It doesnt allow me to make more extreme terrai variation it smooths itself out forcefully again.

5. Vidovit

Vidovit

Resources:
    Resources:
    Damn i keep crashing with the latest war3.. just crashed in 2 mele 4v4 rt games before the loading screen. Had a normal game before that without issues.
    Before that like 8/12 players desynced in azeroth wars, and in the rmk everybody did after like 10 mins.
    Reforged better have a reconnect option because this is unplayable.

6. Robbepop

Robbepop

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
  7. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    And some custom icons that previously worked fine now are defunct and just look like bright-green squares. :/

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It would be helpful to link to which ones so they could be fixed by someone.

9. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well the one I could find on Hive Workshop is this one:
    BTNKilJaeden

That one stopped working. Also one for an Orc Warlock hero, but I am not sure which one of them it was on Hive...
    Edit: the KJ icon does show up when it's the unavailable shade of the icon, like when you press F10 then it shows correct until you go back to game.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  10. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    In map Lordaeron: The Aftermath (current version 1.57) LORDAERON: TA v1.57 - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com
    Pick purple player (Dalaran Remnants), then take his starting hero to Dalaran crater (I assume you know well enough where it is :D), then his ability "Rebuild New Dalaran" (it's called something like that) will become usable, use that abillity and it should give that player a new capital city (along with a new hero and new units), the floating city of New Dalaran located just off the north-east coast of Northrend.
    Now in about 100% of the cases doing this will cause everyone in the game to be thrown out into the scoreboard and the game is over (playing alone will of course have no issues cuz desync can't happen in singeplayer :p but this is a MP map ofc). :/
    For some reason though, doing this late-game, (like 30 minutes into the game or later) might not cause a desync!! BUT doing it early (which is the time it makes most sense to do it!) will 5/5 times cause a desync. :/
    Btw the ability to rebuild Dalaran can also be cast deep inside of Dalaran dungeons which you can enter through the portal (it makes no difference for desync if it's used outside or inside the Dalaran ruins).

11. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Bug in 1.30.4 World Editor: You cannot choose all text in a multi-line text box by pressing Ctrl-A.

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  13. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's 1.30.2 lol, that's an old patch from december, we're on 1.30.4, it got bumped due to a reply

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    LoL. I read it wrong. Instead of realizing the OP date, I read the last post date :mad:

15. Juntacadaveres

Juntacadaveres

Resources:
    Resources:
    this game constantly kickes me out

16. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's called desyncing, I'd recommend you to restart your pc (not just warcraft) if you're suffering desyncs every single game.