1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III - Patch 1.30.2

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Dec 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You're a dinosaur, science has evolved since then:

2. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    Do you mean desyncs during loading / right after start? Because I still experience normal desyncs on maps which didn't before (1.29).

Also, I find it funny how me and others anticipated this situation so well. They patch bots and LAN away and their solution is a hot mess, meh.

Noticed some very annoying things rn idk if already mentioned:

1. Lobby bugs when a player leaves/joins during count down. You lose control over the chat input field and all keyboard input will cause hotkeys to fire.
    Press a by accident, and you're gone or cancelled your lobby. I can't chat, I don#t even know if players can still join - just broken. Fix the stupid countdown.
    Make it cancel like on bots, or don't let players leave.

2. You can get stuck in the main menu with a permanently grey battle.net button (I think caused by unstable net) without any information on what's the problem.

3. Pressing the LAN button will cause the game to soft lock then because it can't open this dialog.
    The dialog prevents me from entering LAN even when I have connection.
    The dialog also takes forever to load, causing me to close down the frozen game before it even appears.

[​IMG]

Why is bonjour suddenly a mandatory requirement? Makes no sense. Is this a mac regression that made its way into the window version?! Or did they really just patch away LAN?

3. GetLocalPlayer

GetLocalPlayer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didn't have any sync issue before the hotfix. Now I can't play any map, it drops me constantly.

4. PartumCreed

PartumCreed

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't host maps that were made after the new patches.

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Saving a campaign with the campaign editor immediately closes the editor. (a persisting issue from the previous 1.30 PTRs)
    However, if you save it as a different file (save as) it works.

6. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ahh, yes, I've have this bug as well.

But if you have opened one of the campaign maps while saving, it'll save just fine. The bug personally only happens for me when I save the campaign file without any maps opened.

7. Zak17

Zak17

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey has anyone seen the mpqs? I finally was able to update to 1.30 from 1.27 today and I can't seem to find them anymore. I kinda need them for a project unless all the files are being stored elsewhere?

8. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Changed in 1.29 I think. There is a giant thread about it "Stop the CASC madness"

9. Trakya

Trakya

Resources:
    Resources:
    Since 1.29 they removed war3patch.mpq file(for those who don't know old MapOptimizer used that file for protecting/optimizing maps) They change a lot of old files and probably mpq files are gone as well

10. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    So, looks like a new hotfix came right in:

1.30.2 Hot Fix 3 - 12/06/2018

I habe encountered the same thing, although not a softlock in the sense that i can just press no amd it tells me that it couldnt build up an connection. But still a very odd behaviour. Havent tested it with the newest hotfix, though

11. mori

mori

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I seem to be having far fewer problems getting into lobbies, now. In fact, I don't think I've had one instance when I couldn't get into a lobby after this hotfix. Good job (?).

Desyncs still happen but they seem to have become fewer too, so that's something to look forward to, I guess. Keep up this pace, pls.

12. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    We really need "Do you really wish to leave" for the Host in lobby. I have alreayd multiple times misclicked something that has caused the lobby to be cancelled. :( Some kind of verification "Are you sure YES/NO" would be nice.

13. SpiritTauren

SpiritTauren

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Did Blizzard change the way in-game time works? I had timers with very low counters (0.03 sec etc.) using them as "cooldowns". Now i have my units firing miniguns and assault rifles 2x faster or so. No code errors. Map complies well. Everything else works perfectly fine.
    Or is it just better response time from the engine itself now?
    edit:
    Omfg. You can change units' names in game now!!! Is it X-mas yet? Thank you, Blizzard <3

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  14. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Okay I figured out: if the host presses Start Game and the launch is getting cancells (by e.g. some one leaving) he cannot type into chat anymore (even if he clicks onteh chat) and any key he presses acts as hotkey (as if he held down ALT), this causes me to cancel lobbies quite often :( pls fix

15. Inthebag

Inthebag

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does someone have a fix for the grayed Battle.net and the server list buttons? This patch has really messed things up...

16. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS A MUST!
    Magnificent suggestion comrade!

17. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Kick and ban commands are not working properly.

You can't seem to be able to kick or ban players in-game and in the lobby the command "!ban USERNAME" does not work, it says it is executed but the user can still join back.

The commands really must work in-game. Also you cannot ban users that are not in your lobby. That is just stupid.

18. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    it works. I banned a player today from joining

19. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Good news guys: On Blizzard forums staff started to remove and\or ban threads\users when they are saying patch is broken or they say the bots need to be kept etc. ah also I'm also banned for saying that '2 users named King Omelette and Butcher are acting like bots for sure they even defend the first 1.30.2 patch without any hotfixes'

Good move Blizz :)

20. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    yes, i made a video of this above.

I don't think they ever stopped doing that. But might be more prevalent now.

That's because of your net connection. you need stable upload.
    E.g. when I upload something and my net is used heavily (i can still browse and everything) button stays grey. After upload it turns clickable. Major riggage.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.