• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.30.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi,I played 1.30 and one suggestion:Can the environmental fog effect in the certain battle map be deleted?it very affecting players vision during the battle.The audience can't see game clearly too and made game graphic even worse.

Level 23
@Kam I investigated the city defense some more.
Turns out the crits are unrelated to triggers, I removed them all.
To reproduce the critical error, just start the map as Undead player (P10 or P11) and select one of the zombies on the blight near the graveyard -> CRIT.
Just selecting the unit crashes the map. I couldn't find anything wrong with the unit.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• City Defense v0.53-mod.w3x
    131.9 KB · Views: 92
Level 5
The same thing was reported in another popular map, Lordaeron The Aftermath.
I'll copy a report from another player

"Playing the game now, as gray selecting a single Dalaran Exile will crash gray(tested in single player) but selecting them with other units and selecting more than one doesn't cause the crash"

and

" Troll Shadow Priest has same problem as Dalaran Exile

Barren Last Tuesday at 1:18 AM

Also Troll Ice Priest

Malis Last Tuesday at 12:20 PM

it appears that, in wc3 1.30.1.10211, at least in 1.53f, the fel elves priest unit seems to cause a crash when selected. i realize now that's an old version of the map, though it is still the version of the map in the "link to latest version" post

Malis Last Tuesday at 12:44 PM

just tested with 1.54e, appears to still be true

(apparently as with Dalaran Exile and troll casters)

the problem persists even as far back as 1.51

and as with dalaran exile, only a problem if only 1 of them is selected

Barren Last Tuesday at 8:00 PM

Also Dalaran Constructionist (for purple, I think that's it) has the problem as well
"

All of these happened since the 1.30 chaotic patches and even now in the current live patch! :( This problem never existed before.
Selecting certain units - crash. No idea why... maybe their sound pack that activates when u click them triggers a crash?

But another player said that the problem is in the unit training tool tip..
"
Richardik Last Sunday at 3:17 PM

^thats a problem with tech tree names of "novice, adept, master"

" Idkk but please fix it. :c

Attachments

• Lordaeron TA v1.54e.w3x
    9.8 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Level 8
My apologies, because I do not want to read all the eight pages, but... when I save in the campaign editor, the whole editor crashed. I just report it.

EDIT: I save the campaign editor empty, when nothing was imported. Just the empty campaign editor save makes the editor crashed. (For the ones, who told me I wrote no details, but no details needed, when you save an empty campaign and it freezes and crashes)

Last edited:
Level 26
Here are some issues I encountered with sounds in patch 1.30.1. I apologise if any of these have already been reported. I encountered all of this in my campaign, Curse of the Forsaken, and last time I played in patch 1.29, all of these sounds worked properly:
  • Playing 3D sounds with triggers does not work. Some imported sounds which were not classified as 3D sounds did not play either, but from what I checked with my triggers, I think playing these sounds with "Play Sound At Point" does not work, while "Play Sound" does.
  • "Add 3D Sound Across Region" does not work. Adding an ambient sound to the region itself in Region Properties does not work either.
  • "Attach 3D Sound To Unit" does not seem to work either.
  • Playing an imported soundtrack with "Play Music Theme" freezes the game for about half a second.
  • At some point in the game, certain sound effects completely stopped playing, such as quest discovered/completed/updated sounds, as well as imported voice lines. Playing a voice line with "Cinematic - Send Transmission" did not work after this point and the dialogues just showed up for a second. Reloading a save seemed to make the voice lines play again, but not the quest sounds.

Level 6
srry guys i'm kinda pissed off so i need to post this. It has been more than 15 years now since the release of warcraft 3 and I have one question:

WILL SOUTH AMERICA EVER EXIST TO THIS GAME?

Thank you all and good night.
With love.

Status
Not open for further replies.