1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III - Patch 1.30.1

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Magepowers

Magepowers

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map right here is one out of many similar to the previous post right above this one. Many many maps act like this ever since 1.30 was released.
    The first picture is from patch 1.28.5, the second picture is from this current patch, 1.30.1. However, the second picture is what would have been seen on 1.30 as well

This is what it looked like prior to 1.30:
    upload_2018-9-19_15-27-15.png
    And this is what it looks like now after patch 1.30:
    upload_2018-9-19_15-31-15.png
    When trying to host the map, this happens in 1.30.
    upload_2018-9-19_15-49-38.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  2. BobOfficialPando

BobOfficialPando

Resources:
    Resources:

Attached Files:

3. MOS_19D4GB4PL

MOS_19D4GB4PL

Resources:
    Resources:
    Right after I updated to 1.30, this map (Undead Assault) does not play it's custom sounds properly anymore, majority is almost muted while others (mainly gunshots) are stopped right after beginning (only standard rifle works because it had an instant loud crack). Throwing "Ground Flares" (item with ability) no longer causes "radio beep" sound too, but the sound remains when objectives are given.
    Well, this might be an issue on my side, but I also experience now severe FPS drop during playing.

Attached Files:

4. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    While it does not prevent me from working on it from a technical point of view (I could work with multiple installations of WC3 as has been suggested), it's a huge pain in the ass to manage and adds a non-negligible amount of overhead. With an already tight schedule on my side, I personally decided not dealing with it for now and instead wait for the next patch to resolve these issues (mainly because I need the fixed item tooltip native and default-enabled local file support for what I'm trying to do for the next release).
    I'm putting my trust in you guys you can fix this in a timely manner.
    Remember that big projects are not the only thing that matters for the community now. If we remember the 90:10 rule, what was released with the newest patch has affected many other people aswell that might not outright say it here. So, yes, this is important and should be a priority (if you can't implement TESH right now, this is fine because it only affects mappers using vJASS, but the doodad limit is critical for a much larger amount of users).

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  5. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    Yea, I noticed this too but it's hard to confirm. The map i attached earlier (city defense) was noticeably more laggy than it used to.
    I don't have any easy to reproduce example though.

It would be just a one-time setup, and then work - Wurstpack would even do it for you. But blizz prevented all these kinds of "automatic" compatibility now by removing all mpqs and other data that is required to build such a compatability wc3 install. Uploading them is probably not too good of an idea.

So yeah, while my jngp still works because saved my pre 1.29 game folder, I'm hoping for an official fix asap.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  6. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Zwiebelchen I do not know how many doodads you are using, but I calculated that a map of maximum size (480x480) with great many doodads everywhere would end up somewhere between 150000–180000. Am I right?

7. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It's currently around 50.000.

I have complete trust in Kam and MindWorX on that front and I have absolutely no problem remaining patient here.
    I have been playing WC3 for over 15 years now. There is no reason for me to assume that I will suddenly lose interest in it.

8. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We appreciate the trust. It will be some time before we address non-critical bugs but we will get everything healed up.

9. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is there a way to change standard interface hotkeys? I don't know since which patch I'm having this problem but some of the interface hotkeys are messed up.

I'm attaching an image with the Custom Games hotkey which should be "D" (from partiDa personalizada) in the Spanish w3 and currently is "N". Even the word is not well-written; it should be "personalizada".

Attached Files:

• 2k.png
      2k.png
      File size:
      135.8 KB
      Views:
  10. yi5752

yi5752

Resources:
    Resources:
    I need tesh!I need tesh!

11. MN Lahmar

MN Lahmar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The music volume is messed up and sometimes it doesn't play at all. Also, i have noticed that sometimes the combat sounds (like metal slice) can be heard loudly out of range.

12. 252542477

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi,I played 1.30 and one suggestion:Can the environmental fog effect in the certain battle map be deleted?it very affecting players vision during the battle.The audience can't see game clearly too and made game graphic even worse.

13. MN Lahmar

MN Lahmar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Can someone please explain this error: 01BC3906-6CE7-40A0-BF3F-15F69AD6D87F

14. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    @Kam I investigated the city defense some more.
    Turns out the crits are unrelated to triggers, I removed them all.
    To reproduce the critical error, just start the map as Undead player (P10 or P11) and select one of the zombies on the blight near the graveyard -> CRIT.
    Just selecting the unit crashes the map. I couldn't find anything wrong with the unit.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

15. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    The same thing was reported in another popular map, Lordaeron The Aftermath.
    I'll copy a report from another player

"Playing the game now, as gray selecting a single Dalaran Exile will crash gray(tested in single player) but selecting them with other units and selecting more than one doesn't cause the crash"

and

" Troll Shadow Priest has same problem as Dalaran Exile

Barren Last Tuesday at 1:18 AM

Also Troll Ice Priest

Malis Last Tuesday at 12:20 PM

it appears that, in wc3 1.30.1.10211, at least in 1.53f, the fel elves priest unit seems to cause a crash when selected. i realize now that's an old version of the map, though it is still the version of the map in the "link to latest version" post

Malis Last Tuesday at 12:44 PM

just tested with 1.54e, appears to still be true

(apparently as with Dalaran Exile and troll casters)

the problem persists even as far back as 1.51

and as with dalaran exile, only a problem if only 1 of them is selected

Barren Last Tuesday at 8:00 PM

Also Dalaran Constructionist (for purple, I think that's it) has the problem as well
    "

All of these happened since the 1.30 chaotic patches and even now in the current live patch! :( This problem never existed before.
    Selecting certain units - crash. No idea why... maybe their sound pack that activates when u click them triggers a crash?

But another player said that the problem is in the unit training tool tip..
    "
    Richardik Last Sunday at 3:17 PM

^thats a problem with tech tree names of "novice, adept, master"

" Idkk but please fix it. :c

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  16. Tuwnew

Tuwnew

Resources:
    Resources:
    Since I updated my game, I can't find any .mpq files. Where are they?

17. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They are gone. Warcraft III now uses CASC.

18. aeman

aeman

Resources:
    Resources:
    finally i can play this game again

19. Gottfried

Gottfried

Resources:
    Resources:
    My apologies, because I do not want to read all the eight pages, but... when I save in the campaign editor, the whole editor crashed. I just report it.

EDIT: I save the campaign editor empty, when nothing was imported. Just the empty campaign editor save makes the editor crashed. (For the ones, who told me I wrote no details, but no details needed, when you save an empty campaign and it freezes and crashes)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  20. tomoraider

tomoraider

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here are some issues I encountered with sounds in patch 1.30.1. I apologise if any of these have already been reported. I encountered all of this in my campaign, Curse of the Forsaken, and last time I played in patch 1.29, all of these sounds worked properly:
    • Playing 3D sounds with triggers does not work. Some imported sounds which were not classified as 3D sounds did not play either, but from what I checked with my triggers, I think playing these sounds with "Play Sound At Point" does not work, while "Play Sound" does.
    • "Add 3D Sound Across Region" does not work. Adding an ambient sound to the region itself in Region Properties does not work either.
    • "Attach 3D Sound To Unit" does not seem to work either.
    • Playing an imported soundtrack with "Play Music Theme" freezes the game for about half a second.
    • At some point in the game, certain sound effects completely stopped playing, such as quest discovered/completed/updated sounds, as well as imported voice lines. Playing a voice line with "Cinematic - Send Transmission" did not work after this point and the dialogues just showed up for a second. Reloading a save seemed to make the voice lines play again, but not the quest sounds.