1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III - Patch 1.30.1

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Sep 14, 2018.

1. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    I use 1 old working cd key of Roc since more then 10 years, and 1 newly digitaly purchased(maybe 1 year ago).I had no problem playing wc3 online on official bnet on all realms,on any previous versions ,until now,when i unnistal and trying 2 days to install again:D

Should i buy both cd keys digitaly? Tnx for direct link,friend already sent me.

News : I installed wc3 from app you sent ,then wrote cd keys.Then ,,Warcraft 3 was unable to initialize. Error 0.

Does anyone having some issues with this new patch about installing , starting on windows 10 for example ?

Sorry i am disturbing again, kinda lost hope and patience. Tnx for any help you provided :)

2. Jouven

Jouven

Resources:
    Resources:
    No more crashes.
    The only issue now is the sound triggers, EotA has a song that plays on the hero selection phase at the start, now it doesn't (there are other triggers but that's the easiest to spot failing).

Did the patch notes specify OpenGL support drop? otherwise I don't understand avoiding the issue mentioning other options instead of just saying "no more OpenGL" or "it will be fixed"

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  3. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We are looking at sound issues.

OpenGL is no longer supported by OpenGL.org. The OS and drivers and HW are not designed around opengl 1.4 anymore. Much like the decision to drop XP support this aligns with the other Blizzard franchises and our industry.

4. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    OpenGL is not supported by OpenGL anymore?

So how do Mac clients play Wc3 then?

Is it possible to replace the rendering engine with Vulkan?

Thanks for making me unable to play a game I purachsed and played before just fine on this OS.

5. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Don't know, but WC3 1.30.1 works fine on our macOS (latest version).

6. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Kam I fail to see any updates about the "error 0" problem. Is this something that the dev team is looking into? I believe I am not the only one to become annoyed with how these last patches has impacted the community. So far we've got sound problems, world editor and WC3 wont start due to the "error 0" problem and desyncs. Also, due to hardset doodad limits in the World Editor some map developers can't continue to work on their maps.

7. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Anachron Vulkan is the future.

Error 0 is a result of another instance of Warcraft III running - check your task manager. We are aware of the issue and are working on it.

There should be no more crashes related to FMOD but if you encounter any let us know. Miles was in a substantially broken state for most of it's lifespan so we are tuning FMOD to replicate behavior users are used to. If you have specific examples post them and we will look at them.

The doodad limit is a new issue to me. We did not decrease the existing limit. Would you provide an example map that was able to have doodads added in 1.29 and can't in 1.30?

8. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The OpenGL specification has been managed by the Khronos Group since 2006.

OpenGL is not OS-dependent. OpenGL drivers support the previous versions of the specification afaik.

9. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Kam

I just updated my w3 in my desktop pc and got the famous error 0. Basically, after finishing the installation, a w3 process remained open. If you close the process and try to open w3, it will open again w3 process without doing anything. If you try to open w3 again, it will throw the error 0.

Opening w3 without internet (and without any other w3 instance), will launch w3 correctly.

10. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @chusrubi2 We are looking into it currently. Thank you!

11. Civiliznations

Civiliznations

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Kam

Are the desync issues being worked on as priority as well? It's about as serious as the crashes in last patch. Is there any idea what is causing them?

12. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So far we have not run into issues in testing and I have not seen any on my home machine. Would you provide details on the desyncs? What map, etc?

13. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    http://notd-aftermath.com/redist/NOTD Aftermath 1.6a.w3x This map has been desyncing since 1.30 launched.

I have also read tons of reports on discord of players desyncing in all types of maps.

14. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We fixed a number of desyncs in the 1.30.1 patch so we need reports from the current live patch.

15. Civiliznations

Civiliznations

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Kam

The new desyncs are occuring when you play on one map and then play on another without restarting Warcraft 3, this is since the latest patch but not the one before. My 2nd post in this thread gave some examples of maps which cause them, but you should be able to reproduce it on a great number of custom maps judging by the number of people I'm seeing desync.

16. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    My post was directed at the current live patch. The map still desyncs, and I have seen many people in discord mention they desync a lot on the current patch.

Apparently that helps but it doesn't stop everyone from desyncing.

17. K.D.G

K.D.G

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Anachron
    i too missing -opengl can not play anymore...

18. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Blizzard has been using Miles v6.1d (developed circa in late 2001) in Warcraft 3.

Since then, Rad Game Tools has kept developing the Miles Sound System:
    Miles Sound System Development History

Starting with Patch 1.27b (released in December 2016), the original file mss32.dll was replaced by a signed version of it. But it was still that good old version 6.1d from the year 2001.

19. Death Adder

Death Adder

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any decent map-maker is using some sort of modded world editor, and that means they can remove the doodad limit with the press of a button.

However, because the standard world editor has this limit, maps that go past the limit can't be saved with the newer versions.

20. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Meh, didn't seem to work for me :/