• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.29 PTR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Has somebody already written/started creating a mouse-based combat system? You could add combinations of mouse clicks to provide special attacks or load an attack when you press the mouse button longer.

I haven't done a Combat system but played a bit around with the way you could cast abilities.
  • Init
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Abilities shown when is activated --------
      • Set Abilities_Active[1] = AbilityA (Active)
      • Set Abilities_Active[2] = AbilityB (Active)
      • Set Abilities_Active[3] = AbilityC (Active)
      • Set Abilities_Active[4] = AbilityD (Active)
      • -------- Abilities shown when is not activated --------
      • Set Abilities_Inactive[1] = AbilityA (Inactive)
      • Set Abilities_Inactive[2] = AbilityB (Inactive)
      • Set Abilities_Inactive[3] = AbilityC (Inactive)
      • Set Abilities_Inactive[4] = AbilityD (Inactive)
      • -------- Trigger being fired by cast --------
      • Set Abilities_Trigger[1] = Poisen <gen>
      • Set Abilities_Trigger[2] = Ice <gen>
      • Set Abilities_Trigger[3] = Fire <gen>
      • Set Abilities_Trigger[4] = Darknes <gen>
  • activate ability
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer i) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Ability being cast) Equal to Abilities_Inactive[i]
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Remove Abilities_Active[Abilies_Index] from (Triggering unit)
              • Unit - Add Abilities_Inactive[Abilies_Index] to (Triggering unit)
              • Unit - Remove Abilities_Inactive[i] from (Triggering unit)
              • Unit - Add Abilities_Active[i] to (Triggering unit)
              • Set Abilies_Index = i
            • Else - Actions
  • Cast
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) issues Mouse Down event
      • Time - Abilities_Cast_Timer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- left Button pressed --------
        • If - Conditions
          • (Trigger Mouse Button) Equal to Left Mouse Button
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- is click dobleclick --------
            • If - Conditions
              • Abilities_Clicked Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Temp_Point = (Mouse Position for Triggered Mouse Event)
              • Trigger - Run Abilities_Trigger[Abilies_Index] (checking conditions)
              • Countdown Timer - Start Abilities_Cast_Timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 0.00 seconds
            • Else - Actions
              • Set Abilities_Clicked = True
              • Countdown Timer - Start Abilities_Cast_Timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 0.24 seconds
        • Else - Actions
      • -------- is timer up --------
        • If - Conditions
          • (Remaining time for Abilities_Cast_Timer) Less than or equal to 0.00
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- dismiss casting --------
          • Set Abilities_Clicked = False
        • Else - Actions

Attachments

• 1.29 Casting System.w3x
    21.2 KB · Views: 156

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
... holy

COW

OK, so, ok. So, Ok!

So alright, it essentially replaces the damage event entirely? Like, you can just arbitrarily set how much damage is dealt to anything, upon it being damaged, by anything?
It eliminates a lot of the code required in Damage Engine, but still would be better to detect the event damage type to have the need of the system further reduced.

Level 21
I confess I wasn't particularly hyped about that change, due to the way Warcraft III struggles when many units are in play.
Actually, the issue is units per player. Having more players does not make units bumping into each other much worse.

Now if only there was a way to detect whether an ability is currently being targeted(click it, but don't say the target yet). If we could do that, we'd be able to have range indicators like in LoL.

Soon implies expectations or deadlines to be followed, which is a more fitting term given the possible date of the patch, but I'll stand by what I said, which implies levity, due to inevitability of the situation. :grin:

Stone maw,
Up a paw,
In Merthold't hold,
Do I draw,

A mighty swing,
A dash, a sting,
Refined senses
Deceitful glances,

What is a battle
To a child,
What is war
To the mild,
Be meek, be humble,
Or be proud and crumble,

In a cesspool of wretches,
Do I hear the misgivings of witches,
And hear what I see and touch,
A deed of such evil,
Such horror, sullen anvils,
Do dull weapons bring to life,

And rife is the day when I shall say "too much"

Like a charlatan, she eludes me,
Like a temptress, she invites me,
In a web of blood and sweat,
A web of passion and regret,

Incessantly, she cried to me,
And thus, I did so willingly,
Lunged myself at her side,
Little did I know, a victim I was to her stride,

With gracious eyes, I only wish,
To see the enchantment that made her go swish,
In the end, I lost, but despair did not sift,
For what I beheld is but a gift,

EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_EVADE

The time has come,
A ghastly boat,
With loads of rum,
Just be afloat,
In the coast,
I see you there,
I dare to boast,
I can hit you from here,

Laughing like a mad hatter,
Gloating over there,
She doubts my powers,
And she doesn't care,

And so I laid my eyes bare,
And dealt a mortal strike,
From here to there,
Wriggling though it was,
It flew like the wind,
And from heat it aims,
Until I marked her...

EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_DEATH

Level 4
hey, very nice update

though the link to the patch notes and download (blizzard forum) is currently broken!

on a thought about funmaps:

i think all these balance changes to heroes will influence old funmaps when no custom values for certain spells have been applied?

especially the change to the blademasters critical strike will now make a vast difference in funmaps like footmen frenzy etc. where the impact of damge items can be HUGE.
So I don't care so much for ability nerfs and buffs but the new calculation for the critical strike will have a big impact on many old funmaps and I dont like that :(*

*I see there seems to be a very nice workarround for that, as the old calculation is beeing used in old maps, i guess you are reading the editor version which has been used to save the map and use the setting of that version. It's very sexy however. Just checked it out in the editor and tested it with Footy 4.2 :)

Last edited:
Level 8
You will not be able to save maps that use vJass or Wurst with the new vanilla editor (since you need JassHelper), you can open them as normal tho.
You can use the WEX version that compiles 1.29 code (0.1.3), to work (open, compile, and code) as normal, but make sure to configure it accordingly (the world editor directory is indeed the 1.29 editor).
Also, someone said that some maps that use a function that returns null, but should return string will become unplayable (please someone confirm this).

Then there is some kind of fear that Blizzard will modificate some natives or the editor itself, since they are still settling the update, potentially making maps to stop working when the update arrives. The Blizzard affiliate and Hive user Kam, said that Blizzard will make sure that backward compatibiliy is a priority or at least is in Blizzard update team's mind (READ: modders should not worry too much about this).

Hope you understand me because english is not my native language.

Level 11
Where can you download this new patch?
You cannot download the patch yet, it has not been released. It's still a PTR (public test realm = test phase). But you can download the PTR (which is the full game, separate from the current official version 1.28), check out the first page of this thread, there's a download link.

Check out this link

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 35
Last edited:
Level 1
i downloaded that but my ptr is still 1.29.88 instead of 1.29.89. idk why im having this problem. do you know how to fix it? tnx

Level 1
i downloaded that but my ptr is still 1.29.88 instead of 1.29.89. idk why im having this problem. do you know how to fix this? tnx

Level 1
But my map uses UI and Vjass made by myself. If the new editor is not supported, then updating it will have no effect on me.
I'm a Chinese, so I'm not very good at English.

Status
Not open for further replies.