1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III - Patch 1.29 PTR

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It means that only 4:3 aspect ratio resolutions will be shown. Or at least that is the modern meaning.
    The game still is 4:3, just that instead of black bars it will now fill those areas in with content.
    Any 24bit sRGB colour. Certainly no HDR colours are supported.
    These are purly UI limit changes. The game is still limited to 16 tile types and 2 cliff types. Note that cliff types still implicitly load their associated tile type which counts towards the limit.

2. Almia

Almia

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Am I late to read this?

I literally just jaw-dropped when I saw these patch notes, damn!

What shocked me the most is the 32786 limit to arrays, and also the natives for the SpecialEffects, goodbye Missile, Dummy, Particle libraries!

3. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Haha, I felt the same when I spotted the thread with 8 pages of comments. Spell creators and coders can go nuts now.

4. Abelhawk

Abelhawk

Resources:
    Resources:
    24 players?! What the crap colors will the new ones be?

5. E.M.C

E.M.C

Resources:
    Resources:
    At first I was super excited upon hearing this. In a way I still am, it's great that this game is finally getting some love that it deserves after all these years. I'm excited about changes in the editor since that will surely vastly increase the quality and versatility of custom maps, despite not being a good map maker myself. But I'm mostly excited by the long overdue balance changes. Unfortunately, while I know nothing is final yet, I strongly disagree with some things. So here's my opinion on the balance changes so far:

As a predominately Orc player, this balance change as it stands now will likely make the race broken on a top competitive level. It was only a matter of time before Blademaster got nerfed, which is fine, but other equally powerful heroes weren't, which is not fine. We all know that critical strike is OP, but Orcs have no choice than to rely on it - simply because Orc units don't deal significant damage. Orcs don't have a hard hitting magic damage air unit, and the only ground ranged unit with good damage is a Berserker that requires T3 which orcs rarely take. As a result, Orcs are entirely dependable on the damage output that Blademaster produces, so much that if he dies in combat the damage of the entire army can drop up to 80%. Some interesting changes were made to Far Seer and TC (removing mana on Far Sight is a good idea), but that's hardly a compensation.

Like I said, BM nerf is not necessarily a bad thing, but Demon Hunter received none. Hopefully his Mana Burn gets nerfed or otherwise Orc/Nelf matchup is broken. Same with Humans - basic strategy is mass caster with Brilliance Aura keeping your army in perma-slow once you run out of dispel. That means that in combat you have a limited window of time in which you need to win the battle or otherwise you're fucked. Your spirit walkers are out of mana, perma-slow is on and you need to use a speed scroll, tp or lose the game. In other words, nerf Brilliance Aura too. And don't get me started on CoilNova combo.

Other than that, I liked the changes on some underused heroes like Crypt Lord and Dreadlord (Carrion Swarm now attacking mechanical units too is a big deal). I feel like units need to be heavily balanced as well, but that's a topic for another time, let's just hope BM is not the only powerful hero getting nerfed this patch.

Also, I'm super excited for 24 players in a single map. Sexy.

For some reason the first map I'd love to play with 23 other people is Life of a Peasant.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2018
  6. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ix there a map pack? id like to see some new terreains for 24 players and all

7. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe they should make color combinations or gradients to make them more distinguishable (and so we can get a fancy rainbow Illidan). Or someone needs to make number attachments. Good luck to color blinds, too.

8. Illidan(Evil)X

Illidan(Evil)X

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Another hidden change:
    The modulo operator has been added.

Code (vJASS):
    local real r = 100 % 8
    call BJDebugMsg(R2S(r)) // Displays 4.000

9. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Holy crap :O

10. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    That could actually work very nicely. Like stripes / dots / cross / split colors. Then again, some units have very small parts of team color. But on the other hand I really can't tell difference between purple-ish colors now.

11. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What about the minimap?

12. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Yes, this is great News! I hope they will continue to add new natives, there is still a lot of stuff missing.

Also I'd love to have the possibility of adding more than 4 races to the map which can be selected via the race menu.

If Blizzard continues this Path I'll revive my mapping projects, some which have not be seen and heard of yet.

13. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Quite frankly minimap is a mess as it is, even with just 12 colors. The stripes and dots become problematic with models like Wisp.

14. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I already have an MPI system in mind for modular ability tooltip changes (Sadly no unit specific tooltip changes, but i don't mind that). This update enables me to save more than 200 abilities and upgrades in a map of mine, so this is very welcome. Hopefully i don't encounter any bugs while stresstesting the heck out of the new tooltip and interface natives :D .

15. Somebassoon

Somebassoon

Resources:
    Resources:
    DeleteHeroAbility; takes unit whichUnit, integer abilCode returns nothing // Remove Hero Ability
    DeleteHeroAbility; takes unit whichUnit, integer abilCode returns nothing // Remove Hero Ability

Its listed twice
    And if you can remove an ability, shouldnt you be able to add one?

16. Ceday

Ceday

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is a native for getting unit's base damage but not bonus damage(green number) from skills/items? Or am I missing something?

17. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    If this new natives managing Tooltip works in mp with GetLocalPlayer without desync, then player specific tooltips should be easy to create :), but needs testing first.
    Did someone test that, already?

18. Somebassoon

Somebassoon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any chance we might see the ability to set different layers of movement (like in SC2, where ground units collide with other ground units and buildings, Collosus with other collosus and buildings, and so on, but with customizable amounts of said layers, and stuff like whether it ignores ground blockers, terrain, water, etc. Id like to make what are basically flying units, that collied with other flying units in a lagless manner).

Also some better 3D sound support?

19. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @Tasyen: you don't even need to. You can change the tooltip of a specific level of a spell. Just give your Unit the level of the skill that corresponds with the player number and you are good to go, even without "getlocalplayer". And since you can acess the tooltip of an ability via trigger, i would rather don't use this.

You just need an API which registers a unit with the corresponding ability, change the level and provide some events which fire on leveling the skill (You can't use levels, the ability itself has to reset to the specific player level) and a storage space where you save the skills level for the specific unit.

Probably i gonna try to make it MUI, which changes the tooltip on the fly when selecting the unit, but then you run into problems when you select multiple units with different iterations of the skill.

20. GhostOfPast

GhostOfPast

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Here's my suggestion : make the editor able to create types of targets (other than organic, tauren, undead etc...) also for Damage/armor types.