1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III - Patch 1.29.1

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bond009

Bond009

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think their bright idea to fix old maps from having neutral passive be player 16 violet and so on they made it behind the scenes be players 25-28 = players 13-16 and vise versa. so now in 1.29.1 when you save a map and use Vex's optimizer it it has the bug that old maps had now with new maps.. unreal.. lol

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    They are working to get the option back, but it is likely non trivial.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I really want them to fix minimizing for Win7. I get the game in the background instead of down on the taskbar.

4. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Love the updates.. keep them coming.. Plenty more stuff to fix.

5. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    it's because of the windowed mode. I preffer this because its fast to alt tab and game is still rendered. If you want it to minimize as before add line to shirtcuts path for native fullscreen mode

6. Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Even the smallest thing can screw a replay up completely.

7. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well easiest solution would be official version shuffling software or redoing the way replays are recorded to be like Dota 2(incredibly hard so better option is some smooth replay software)

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, I don't remember any particular game doing it like that. Usually my games went down on the bar and that's what minimizing means.

9. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well if you turn on windowed mode in any other game it will work like it does now in Wc3. Windowed-Fullscreen(with no window borders) is best display mode to me, alt tabs fast, normal fullscreen makes game stop rendering, pause itself sometimes and bringing it back up especially with Source running games from Valve takes aaa lot of time and may even crash it rarely if too much stuff happened that it needs to catch up with. There are other minor gains from that like fixing screencapture with using just PrtSc button(which may not work on some of the games, especially some older Need For Speed games dont work with that for me and i have to use screen capture software to do that....)

10. Kaijyuu

Kaijyuu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Other windowed fullscreen games I've played allow for minimizing, from what I remember.

11. doom_sheep

doom_sheep

Resources:
    Resources:
    item pathing is gone
    [​IMG]

12. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Which thread is it that we can post bugs and such for them to fix? i have a few id like for them to see.

13. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  14. fang24

fang24

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah cool. Thank you.

15. Trakya

Trakya

Resources:
    Resources:
    Did someone mentioned that when you're hosting and you refresh slots. The Text bar is no longer selected and you have to select it every time before you post something on lobby.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  16. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    I still dont get that hate for black bars.......i mean option for stretch and proper non stretched 4:3 and for having stretched menues and 16:9 ingame should be there .....but why some people hate something that is minor side effect of preserving the proportions of the screen? Something that is practicly invisible to you when you focus on the game......
    Its practicly taking a square image and sizing it up sideways in MS Paint to make it rectagular....It just looks awfully out of proportion on everything....especially before we got ingame 16:9 with camera further away it was just atrocious to play in stretched 4:3...and people do it in mania to get rid of the black bars.....Do they quit watching movies with letterbox too?

17. Trakya

Trakya

Resources:
    Resources:
    Because the black bars hurt my eyes. And requires more focus on screen at least for me. I guess haters of black bars agrees with this.

18. Kaijyuu

Kaijyuu

Resources:
    Resources:
    I grew up watching letterboxed movies (with the black bars on the top and bottom) as we never had a widescreen TV so it doesn't really bother me.

If anyone's interested I believe the technical term for what wc3's doing is pillarboxing.

19. fang24

fang24

Resources:
    Resources:

I can not speak for others but here are my reasons why I don't hate them but do not like them.

1. They together take up half my screen. While I do not mind a tiny line once half your screen is gone it is too much.
    2. Any level of unplayable field makes it harder. in a RTS stradigy game Lets say you need to quickly get a unit to a choke point so you move the mouse fast. Now you are 4 screens away and have to scroll back to find out it was all ready took by your enemy.
    3. The smaller size and bigger letters means anyone can just spam words endlessly and now no one can see in game because it is in the center of the screen.
    4. My eye site is bad. Smaller screen means I can't see the gui or menu giving me a massive disadvantage.
    5. It was not broke but they tried to fix it with out leaving the non broke thing in just in case.

As for the hate of others. Best I can say is they are just so sick of Blizzard putting in half broke updates removing stuff that worked and only really quickly fixing something that is broke if it is a boon to players or hurts the buying of stuff in the shops. (That is mainly what I saw many many many others say/show anyway.)

20. MooNek

MooNek

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't mind the black bars in menu, the problem is when Multiboards and In-Game Messages appear out of place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.