• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.28.6 PTR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
kpfasdkölasdöljkasdljasdljkasddaslköjasdldasljkasdöljkasdf lkjasdöljasd.
I hope you guys don't analyze what I wrote there, just that you understand that I like ice cream which was what I meant.

We would have let it slip.. But you sorta corrected DSG on code.
"Code changes is changing game data. Game data include the code."

That's why we're correcting you back :)

Level 5
does somebody know why i can't add custom campaigns??

the "campaigns" folder does not exist. i must do something before or what?

So how many of the next patches are going to be about the ladder/meta of the game? Because difficulties aside removing some of the limitations on the WE would make certain maps more accessible for creation without 3rd party tools i.e. Azeroth Wars, Lordaeron: The Aftermath etc which require JNGP to remove limitations. Whilst these maps are more prone to crashing they are relatively stable aren't they? So where does the removing limits issue come into play?

Level 14
If it's possible allow us to chose maximal resolution in 4:3, dont cap it at 1024x768, if i have 1080p screen it should go to maximum height available like it did prior to 1.28.
EDIT: also UI scaling, like in wow, would be handy, i recently hopped onto new laptop that has smaller screen and at same resolution ui got noticeably smaller, it's not that major issue but scaler would be a lovely addition. Also if you didnt fix bnet side of these weird issues with whispering yet please do so.(didnt check it in longer while i had busy 2 weeks)

Last edited:
UI scaling will be difficult because the Warcraft III UI take the entire screen, to add an UI scaling option, Blizzard will have to recreate an UI. In WoW it's different because, exemple, the spell UI is at the down center of the screen, but he don't touch the sides of the screen, so simply change size of it until it take the width of the screen. (Sorry for my English :/)

kpfasdkölasdöljkasdljasdljkasddaslköjasdldasljkasdöljkasdf lkjasdöljasd.
I hope you guys don't analyze what I wrote there, just that you understand that I like ice cream which was what I meant.

We would have let it slip.. But you sorta corrected DSG on code.
"Code changes is changing game data. Game data include the code."

That's why we're correcting you back :)

Ouch!
Google-Translated that thing, which is: "Dump the oil to the dough and drop it off." (Pls. ignore)

But, it's great to see that Warcraft III is being updated.

I can see Warcraft III as the baseline / blueprint of sorts for the ultimate gaming engine, (where nearly all aspects of games are explored such as First-Person, Third-Person over-the-shoulder, Third-Person, Narrative-Person [for selection and stuff], dynamic animation and lighting, in-game triggerable cinematics, Google-Map esque's transition, AI intelligence testing [OpenAI bot, anyone?], Chess Engine, RTS, MOBA, PvPR [Such as CR], dynamic language interpretation, (either implicit or explicit) (such as JASS, JASM[Deals with bytecode directly as far as I know], vJASS, cJASS, Zinc, Wurst), optimal path searching, optimal collision detection, open-access to most natives useful within the game, Aesthetic make-over [UI], model editing, animating, optimal rendering, sorting [Quicksort and in-place LSD Base 10], address finding, etc).

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
This is outrageous. First they change the proportion of the game, with those 2 black sided rectangles for no apparent reason. Then the size of the letters in game are smaller, hard to see, IT WAS DAMN FINE BEFORE, why change something that was perfect?! Also the quality of graphics is weird, maybe it changed to default or something. Apparently now cant even download new patch by clicking battle.net, my patch is 1.28.5.7---- (the rest numbers I don't remember) but the latest patch is 1.28.6, isn't it? why are we the people that need to manually find the latest patch in the internet? The only good thing is the reduction of latency, balances, some fixes and an expansion on map file size, still, there should be a limit to it, I don't really know how much it is now but 20mb seems enough and borderline, no one wants to be 1 hour downloading a map with 150mb. But seriously, the 1.26 patch was the best so far, then 1.27 ruined everything, I barely see people online, NONE of my friends are online, just auto-hostbots, hundreds of them everywhere, so I don't see how this game got better or worse. I'm just disappointed.

This is outrageous. First they change the proportion of the game, with those 2 black sided rectangles for no apparent reason. Then the size of the letters in game are smaller, hard to see, IT WAS DAMN FINE BEFORE, why change something that was perfect?! Also the quality of graphics is weird, maybe it changed to default or something. Apparently now cant even download new patch by clicking battle.net, my patch is 1.28.5.7---- (the rest numbers I don't remember) but the latest patch is 1.28.6, isn't it? why are we the people that need to manually find the latest patch in the internet? The only good thing is the reduction of latency, balances, some fixes and an expansion on map file size, still, there should be a limit to it, I don't really know how much it is now but 20mb seems enough and borderline, no one wants to be 1 hour downloading a map with 150mb. But seriously, the 1.26 patch was the best so far, then 1.27 ruined everything, I barely see people online, NONE of my friends are online, just auto-hostbots, hundreds of them everywhere, so I don't see how this game got better or worse. I'm just disappointed.

You can remove the black bars by unchecking "Fixed Aspect Ratio" in the Video settings.

The latest patch is 1.28.5. PTR has 1.28.6. PTR is downloadable from a link, while the official 1.28.5 can only be gotten through battle.net (afaik).

Level 14
You can remove the black bars by unchecking "Fixed Aspect Ratio" in the Video settings.

The latest patch is 1.28.5. PTR has 1.28.6. PTR is downloadable from a link, while the official 1.28.5 can only be gotten through battle.net (afaik).
4:3 resolution is capped for no aparent reason at 1024. There is bunch of issues with resolution detection.

Edit:
Can we ask Blizzard to fix the PM system.......................................?!............... plz.
So its still broken? Blizzard please fix bnet side whatever youbdont to whispering please fix it of its some phantom muting mechanic remove it.

Also recently ent hosting bots cd keys have been banned.
Please dont listed to single lost people that complain on them on bnet forums these people are mostly unaware newbies who habe yet understand that. They dont even know that native hosting is broken by nat(and port forwarding required to make it work is not possible on some router's firmware).

Last edited:
Level 14
Whisper phantom mute is still a thing, please tell people who deal with bnet to get rid of that thing! I cant talk with my friends with whispers anymore, it cuts me off after around 8 messages(Including automated friend notification of joinin games/bnet!!!! FIX IT!! PLEASE!)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Also recently ent hosting bots cd keys have been banned.
About time. Maybe the owners should have read the ToU...
Whisper phantom mute is still a thing, please tell people who deal with bnet to get rid of that thing! I cant talk with my friends with whispers anymore, it cuts me off after around 8 messages(Including automated friend notification of joinin games/bnet!!!! FIX IT!! PLEASE!)
Blame advertisement robots, especially for Diablo II products or renting Warcraft III robots.

Level 1
Hi, I'm a big fan of Warcraft 3 and I wanted to know what's going on with the game, I'm aware of some updates and I have no idea what to do, do not know anything about this subject, someone who can help me?,
and asks me for a cd key, I do not know what to do

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Hi, I'm a big fan of Warcraft 3 and I wanted to know what's going on with the game, I'm aware of some updates and I have no idea what to do, do not know anything about this subject, someone who can help me?,
and asks me for a cd key, I do not know what to do
I suggest buying the game so you have some legitimate CD keys. Piracy is a crime in a lot of the world.

Reactions: pyf
Level 21
^ Only between pirates, piracy seems to be a well respected method of acquisition :goblin_wtf:. And even then... a pirate's wolf is a pirate still.

Level 14
Phantom muting is still in place, please if someone at classics game's is reading this - Can you relay that to people who operate classic battle.net? It prevent me from having conversations with whispers. It must be removed, it has no purpose and just hinders functionality for normal users.
All that i've seen of those supposed spam bots was single rare clan advert that appeared once every few logons which is less than current information about email we get every time, outside of that there was no whisper spam i could ever see, none. If someone somehow got spammed we have commands like squelch(tho it should ne renamed to mute for more intuitive use)

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi, I'm a big fan of Warcraft 3 and I wanted to know what's going on with the game, I'm aware of some updates and I have no idea what to do, do not know anything about this subject, someone who can help me?

Level 22
I do not think they maintain it for PTRs as the executable is subject to change when released. Usually within a day or so of a patch being released they have updated it to work.

This is no longer a PTR, the patch went live days ago, maybe weeks ago. How is nobody on THW aware of this?

Edit: I just checked my version number and it's 1.28.5 again... What the fuck? I'm 100% dead positive I updated to 1.28.6 a day or two ago. I even looked at the version number to double check and it said 1.28.6. I feel like I'm having some kinda lucid dream wtf.

Link to a version switcher?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
the patch went live days ago
No it did not... Latest version is still 1.28.5.

When the patch does go live then WEX/Sharpcraft will be updated within a few days. Until then WEX/Sharpcraft will run on 1.28.5, and if they do not then there is some other problem either anti virus related, permission or configuration related.

Level 6
Are the new patches only available with a CD key ? I bought the game a decade ago but I lost it, didn't see any reason to buy it again honestly...

Level 5
Have you looked at Wex for patch 1.29 yet?

So I have been working on this map in Wex for about a month now, I loaded it onto patch 1.29 and have had some problems.

Terrian is no longer working as well can only use shallow water. and all my mountains change drastically. Not near as much control compared to how WeX was working. Though the patch changed my map and may have corrupted it.

Please, is there an update for Wex or anything to make it better?

Level 14
So, why no offline updates? They are useful for people who don't have internet connection. Besides, offline patches can be switched and stored a little easily. Please don't make this into WoW patching system.
Agreed, but more importantly there should be some legacy installers and builds in case of issues best for 1.27, 1.28.5 and ptr version of 1.29. Because right now these must be either personally stored or illegally sourced. Also for next PTR people need to check older maps cuz noone bothered to check popular customs go see if they still run properly in their original forms excluding some edits for 24 players because these dont count and were fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.