• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Map making contest 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
erm, can I change my map type AGAIN? I sorta realized I can't do cinematics for shit, but I have this troll race I made after the comp started sitting around and...... Well, you get the point, I want to change to Altered Melee and just add my troll race to either a bliz map or get my terrainer friend to make me one.

Level 3
Okay, so I'm not gonna make it to the deadline. Which means that I'm out of this competition.

Not that it matters, though. I was the only one in my category - no one likes winning by default.

I will finish the campaign though. Look for "Swift's tale" when it's finished (or whatever I'm gonna call it. Will probably be something with Swift)

Level 5
i am going to submit my map within some minutes, its not nearly finished because i am dramatically low on time lately and i have to many ideas to put into the map, ill add some hints and make it more playable first.

Edit: sended i hope

Level 3
Extending the deadline wouldn't help me. Though in my case, it's really all my fault - the first month, I hardly worked at the campaign at all. If I would have worked as much back then as I do now, it would have been finished.

Level 2
Again?..

It's kinda annoying that so people havn't finished their map yet (including me) so we have to delay the tournament even more :(

I know it's not your fault, but could you please set a date and stick to it so we know when to actually be finished?

-Soultaker

Level 24
well at the moment I'm still decideing. I will not be adding any one to the list though now, and only people in the list can submit there maps unless someone joins in the next 8 hours. So pretty much what I'm doing is allowing people to submit there maps late, not really extending the contest.

Level 5
Bob did you receive my map? i hope i sended the good version, plz check if you have time, mapname: Link 0.412
it can be that i accidently sended you version 0.411

Myclam--

M

Myclam--

aye, well i submitted mine since theres no way i can do anything within the next like week with my school schedule...and yes theres a few documented bugs but whatever, non-detremental ones

i maybe should have included a small manual with it oh well

Level 7
Despite quitting this forum dueto "Problems" with some of the administration i decided to continue with entering this contest. unfortunately i have been Away for a week, and unable to work on it much before that ..... and when i got home I found out there was a major bug in the map. So Chances are i wont be entering after all.

Ill also use this to give everyone a formal farewell. I might visit now and again but i got 2 much to do and dont really care anymore.

Myclam--

M

Myclam--

hmm, after running my map its probably best to try to single player :p, although multiplayer works, definately a bit more buggy

oh well, regardless, if all else fails, suicide :p

Level 18
I'm almost done, my map will be in by midnight tonight (GMT +11), I'm just bugfixing up some of my more complicated features. Also, I know I can have triggered spells and abilities, but can I also have a trigger to replace whatever starting units player 1 is given with the troll equivelant?

Level 2
I didn't notice that the results has be publiced, because this is the one thread I'm looking at in this forum. So if somebody else like me didn't look over the forum, then you should know that they have been released.

- Soultaker

Status
Not open for further replies.