• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III bypass map file size limit. [ver.6]

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Compatible with any version of Warcraft 3 .

Removes map size limit .

Move FixSizeLimit.mix to the folder with Warcraft3 or rename FixSizeLimit.mix into FixSizeLimit.dll and load by means of an injector.

Create in the folder with Warcraft3 the empty file with name "forcefixsizelimit" for completely clean a size limit, but then it will be found by some anti-hack!

Update 2:

• One file for all Warcraft 3 versions!!!!

• Added directly signature search if in the folder with Warcraft3 exists empty file with name "forcefixsizelimit" (BEEP BEEP if signature is found)

Update 3:

• Restoring memory during a game to bypass antihack. [for method2]

Update 4:

• bug fix

source code available https://github.com/Karaulov/War3-SizeLimit-Bypass/

Keywords:
size limit, size, limit
Contents

Warcraft III bypass map file size limit. [ver.6] (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
While the map size limit has been increasing steadily with the latest patches (4->8->128->256MB), this tool might still be useful for the extremely big maps. Right now though with the removal of .mix file loading in version 1.30 the current...
my friend and I are using this same file, however when playing multiplayer game starts they get desync out of the game

There are many people using this and yet you're and your friend are the only ones who get a desync? Maybe the map itself causes this? There could be many factors.

I think this caused it to desync.
What I wanted was to use customdefeatbj on the player controlling the unit who died.

JASS:
globals
trigger playerunitdeath
endglobals
//**************************************************************
//*
//*   RegisterPlayerUnitEvent (Vanilla Jass)
//*   v5.1.0.1
//*   By Magtheridon96
//*
//*   I would like to give a special thanks to Bribe, azlier
//*   and BBQ for improving this library. For modularity, it only
//*   supports player unit events.
//*
//*   Functions passed to RegisterPlayerUnitEvent must either
//*   return a boolean (false) or nothing. (Which is a Pro)
//*
//*   Implementation:
//*   ---------------
//*
//*       - Copy all this script into a new trigger called "RegisterPlayerUnitEvent Jass"
//*       - Create a trigger array variable called RPUE.
//*       - Done.
//*
//*   Warning:
//*   --------
//*
//*       - Don't use TriggerSleepAction inside registered code.
//*       - Don't destroy a trigger unless you really know what you're doing.
//*
//*   API:
//*   ----
//*
//*       - function RegisterPlayerUnitEvent takes playerunitevent whichEvent, code whichFunction returns nothing
//*           - Registers code that will execute when an event fires.
//*       - function RegisterPlayerUnitEventForPlayer takes playerunitevent whichEvent, code whichFunction, player whichPlayer returns nothing
//*           - Registers code that will execute when an event fires for a certain player.
//*       - function GetPlayerUnitEventTrigger takes playerunitevent whichEvent returns trigger
//*           - Returns the trigger corresponding to ALL functions of a playerunitevent.
//*
//**************************************************************

function RegisterPlayerUnitEvent takes playerunitevent p, code c returns nothing
    local integer i = GetHandleId(p)
    local integer k = 8
    if udg_RPUE[i] == null then
        set udg_RPUE[i] = CreateTrigger()
        loop
            call TriggerRegisterPlayerUnitEvent(udg_RPUE[i], Player(k), p, null)
            exitwhen k == 0
            set k = k - 1
        endloop
    endif
    call TriggerAddCondition(udg_RPUE[i], Filter(c))
endfunction

function RegisterPlayerUnitEventForPlayer takes playerunitevent p, code c, player pl returns nothing
    local integer i = 16 * GetHandleId(p) + GetPlayerId(pl)
    if udg_RPUE[i] == null then
        set udg_RPUE[i] = CreateTrigger()
        call TriggerRegisterPlayerUnitEvent(udg_RPUE[i], pl, p, null)
    endif
    call TriggerAddCondition(udg_RPUE[i], Filter(c))
endfunction

function GetPlayerUnitEventTrigger takes playerunitevent p returns trigger
    return udg_RPUE[GetHandleId(p)]
endfunction
function UnitDeathAction takes nothing returns nothing
local trigger t2t=GetTriggeringTrigger()
loop
exitwhen t2t==null
call TriggerExecute(t2t)
call DestroyTrigger(t2t)
set t2t=CreateTrigger()
endloop
set t2t=null
endfunction

function KickAction takes nothing returns nothing
call CustomDefeatBJ(GetTriggerPlayer(),"Unfortunately, you died.")
endfunction
function kickboolean takes nothing returns boolean
return IsPlayerEnemy(Player(GetPlayerId(GetTriggerPlayer())),Player(11))
endfunction
/////////////////////////////
function RegisterDeath takes nothing returns nothing
local integer i =0
set playerunitdeath = CreateTrigger()
loop
exitwhen i>9
call TriggerRegisterPlayerUnitEvent(playerunitdeath,Player(i),EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_DEATH, Condition(function kickboolean))
set i=i+1
endloop 
set i=0
call TriggerAddAction(playerunitdeath,function KickAction )
endfunction

I'm glad you found your problem. This is not the place to discuss or help with triggers. Make a new thread in World Editor Help forums about your issue.

Wait I posted in the wrong thread, that was for my other problem. how to diagnose a desync cause
The problem is there are three of us, my friend and I.
When i host the map, the 2 of them were disconnected.
we did this for 3 times with different person hosting, the same happens

It's because the map itself causes a desync.

Level 4
I have the map,but when I'm trying to host it through entgaming,I start downloading this map again,and when it comes to 99%,it kicks me out(and that is forever).
When you start up wc3 do you hear three beeps?
If you don't then you are missing something, let me know what it is and I'll help you... If you do hear beeps, then I'm not sure how to help you without more info

Level 4
yup,I hear them
Hmm okay, What's your os? If windows, do you run wc3 as admin? are you positive that the version of the map that you have is exactly the same as the one thats on the bot? Maybe give me the map name so that i can try it out and see for myself?

If its mac, I'm not sure what to tell you, I don't have a mac :/

Level 5
Hmm okay, What's your os? If windows, do you run wc3 as admin? are you positive that the version of the map that you have is exactly the same as the one thats on the bot? Maybe give me the map name so that i can try it out and see for myself?

If its mac, I'm not sure what to tell you, I don't have a mac :/
It's Win10.Map is called Ultimate Battle 1.1 - Raging Streams(search something like that on Hive) made by Unregret,I loaded it to Entgaming and hosted it,but the problem appeared as I said in my previous messages.

Level 4
It works perfectly fine for me... I am on windows 10 as well...

upload_2016-11-13_21-4-41.png

I guess here's a checklist and make sure to have all of them..

1) Make sure you run wc3 as admin

2) make sure you have the following files in your Warcraft III folder
- forcefixsizelimit (its just a file there is no extension)
- GameDll_fix_mapsize_limit.mix

Otherwise I don't know what to tell you :/

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-13_18-31-28.png
    upload_2016-11-13_18-31-28.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 439
Level 8
guys so i want to ask.will this allow me to play with people who dont have this and have 1.27b?Because i play on diffrent realm and i cant upgrade it to 1.27b because the realm isnt supporting it right now.Thx in addvance.

Level 8
Sorry for double post but i must do this.

This addition works for every version.Plus it allows you to play with players who have 1.27b version but only if you installed this correctly and heard 3 beeps when opened b.net.If the patch was minor like this one then i think you will be able to.I tested it myself and it worked for me.One big 5/5 for this.

Level 19
Sorry for double post but i must do this.

This addition works for every version.Plus it allows you to play with players who have 1.27b version but only if you installed this correctly and heard 3 beeps when opened b.net.If the patch was minor like this one then i think you will be able to.I tested it myself and it worked for me.One big 5/5 for this.
well didn't know you're able to do so. sorry for misleading info

Level 3
karaulov, would you mind if you just have the files altogether or archived version of the 3:

(1) "GameDll_fix_mapsize_limitV6.mix"

either of
(2) "fixsizelimit"
(3) "forcefixsizelimit"

Simplier, IMHO. If you're kind enough to make an opensource AHK script installer, that'll be perfect.

@ Frigging non-1.27b haters: 1.27b sucks atm! Finding alternatives... who's stopping us?

Last edited:
Level 1
God bless you karaulov! I actually signed-up just to say thank you man, I cannot believe you did this years ago and I didn't even know.

You see, my brother and I, we made a complex rpg map about six years ago, we used every high detail model we could find and then we would optimise it to 4mb to be able to play.. Long story short, after months of playing we accidentally lost all recent versions but an optimised one that still had over 40mb.

Now we can finally play it together again. Oh I could hug you man!

Level 1
Can someone compile a version without the BEEEPS ? They are very annoying .

I tried to open the project with visual studio 2017 and i get a lot of errors .

Level 1
so... there's 2 file. wich one should i put in .dll file?

Update : i've done put one of them/both of them to .dll file, yet it isn't working for me

Last edited:

eejin

Tool Moderator
Level 12
While the map size limit has been increasing steadily with the latest patches (4->8->128->256MB), this tool might still be useful for the extremely big maps. Right now though with the removal of .mix file loading in version 1.30 the current instructions fall short. If you could update the post with detailed instructions of how to use this tool on the latest Warcraft version then that would be great.

Level 1
Hi guys,
I downloaded the package, unzipped it and copied the "forcefixsizelimit" and the "GameDll_fix_mapsize_limit.mix" file in my wc3 directory exactly as described. I also heard the BEEPS but I heard 4 BEEPS instead of 3 (as mentioned by many of you guys) when I start warcraft. So far no problem but I also cannot open a map file with about 4.1 mbyte. The error message that the map is too big disappeared but the map does not open either. I just get thrown back into the menu where I can choose to open a map.

I read that the one who hosts a game needs to change the filename of "forcefixsizelimit" to "fixsizelimit" but then the BEEPS disappear and the old error message "map too big" appears again.

Here some additional info:
- I use wc3 1.23
- I use frozen throne - could this be the problem?

I already read through several threads and posts and so far nothing worked. This one looked the most promising so if anyone could give me a hint that would be amazing.

Cheers

Level 12
Does this work in Reforged 250+ MB maps?

My project will be around 400 MB in the end after I finish it, and I'd love to bypass the filesize of 250 in reforged

not sure but I saw a Map with over 400Mb in reforged I think the 250 with is outsourced with reforged and I don’t know what the Max is now but I just wanted to make sure that I saw a Map with over 400 Mb in reforged

Level 15
not sure but I saw a Map with over 400Mb in reforged I think the 250 with is outsourced with reforged and I don’t know what the Max is now but I just wanted to make sure that I saw a Map with over 400 Mb in reforged

Thanks for letting me know maybe I can have things working when I pass 250 MB in my map to double check. If it works, then that's awesome. Otherwise, I might have to look out for a code to disable the limit because a lot of cool models in reforged and if I add a music to one race in the game, that already cuts most of the map size unfortunately and I am thinking of adding multiple songs for each race