• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Archon Mode

Warcraft III - Archon Mode

2 players controlling one force

Campaigns Included

N9dI2U8.png

Features and Extra Information

Save codes are written to a text file at the end of each map under "My Documents/Warcraft III/CustomMapData".
You can copy and paste this into the next map. Maps with multiple heroes will require a code for each.

On maps where groups are split up, you can control both groups at once
(e.g. Tyrande and Furion when they go their separate ways on Night Elf level 5).

Hard difficulty by default, AI is updated to Hard levels and triggers are set to Hard settings.

To lower the difficulty type -easy or -normal to handicap the enemy (40% and 70% respectively)

----- Prologue Campaign -----
The Warcraft 3 Demo Maps/Prologue campaign is included with all the Original Audio restored.

----- Reign of Chaos -----
In the Reign of Chaos campaigns all units have the correct stats.
Gyrocopters, Steam Tanks, Catapults and Ballista replace their TFT equivalent.
90 Food Cap

----- The Frozen Throne -----
Players can build shipyards on certain TFT missions that had goblin shipyards.

Blood Elf Campaign playthrough by WTii Warcraft

11/12/2019

Orc 03 - Fixed Save Error
Orc 05 - Fixed Shaman Skills
Night Elf 02 to 04, 06 to 07- Ballista can now attack trees
Night Elf 06 - Fixed Illidan Inventory
XNight Elf 04 - Fixed Player Slot Issue
XNight Elf 06 - Fixed Tyrande Save
XHuman05 - Fixed TimerWindow issue
XUndead02 - Fixed Player Issue
XUndead04 - Fixed Issue preventing the game from starting automatically

All missions - hid the ally resource multiboard
24/03/2019
Exhume Corpses and Abom Cannibalize removed from ROC Undead Campaign

20/03/2019

Prologue chapter descriptions updated.

Murloc, Sorc, Priest models updated to their ROC versions.

Kel Thuzad in Undead08 level increased to 8.

High Elven Swordsmen and Archers stats updated in Undead 03-05

1/12/2018
Fixed the player forces on Prologue03

04/04/2018
Rolled ROC and TFT campaigns into one map pack
Start screen is now more informative and prettier
Bug Fixes etc.

19/01/2018
Hero abilities and ability level are now saved
Player 2 can now skip cinematics
Minor bug fixes
Shipyards added to some maps instead of goblin shipyard

08/01/2018
Easy and Normal Difficulties have been added to the game

26/09/2016 - Fixed an issue with the save in XHuman01
Credit to:
AceHart - Original save/load system
Blizzard Entertainment (obviously!)

My Steam Workshop
Steam Community :: Kilmaat :: Workshop Items
Contents

01 Prologue01 (Map)

02 Prologue02 (Map)

03 Prologue03 (Map)

04 Prologue04 (Map)

05 Prologue05 (Map)

06 Human01 (Map)

07 Human02 (Map)

08 Human03 (Map)

09 Human04 (Map)

10 Human05 (Map)

11 Human06 (Map)

12 Human07 (Map)

13 Human08 (Map)

14 Human09 (Map)

15 Undead01 (Map)

16 Undead02 (Map)

17 Undead03 (Map)

18 Undead04 (Map)

19 Undead05 (Map)

20 Undead06 (Map)

21 Undead07 (Map)

22 Undead08 (Map)

23 Orc01 (Map)

24 Orc02 (Map)

25 Orc03 (Map)

26 Orc04 (Map)

27 Orc05 (Map)

28 Orc06 (Map)

29 Orc07 (Map)

30 Orc08 (Map)

31 NightElf01 (Map)

32 NightElf02 (Map)

33 NightElf03 (Map)

34 NightElf04 (Map)

35 NightElf05 (Map)

36 NightElf06 (Map)

37 NightElf07 (Map)

38 NightElfX01 (Map)

39 NightElfX02 (Map)

40 NightElfX03 (Map)

41 NightElfX04 (Map)

42 NightElfX05 (Map)

43 NightElfX06 (Map)

44 NightElfX07 (Map)

45 NightElfX08 (Map)

46 HumanX01 (Map)

47 HumanX02 (Map)

48 HumanX03 (Map)

49 HumanX03Secret (Map)

50 HumanX04 (Map)

51 HumanX05 (Map)

52 HumanX06 (Map)

53 UndeadX01 (Map)

54 UndeadX02 (Map)

55 UndeadX03 (Map)

56 UndeadX04 (Map)

57 UndeadX05 (Map)

58 UndeadX06 (Map)

59 UndeadX07a (Map)

60 UndeadX07b (Map)

61 UndeadX07c (Map)

62 UndeadX08 (Map)

Reviews
tulee
Hi Kilmaat, we finally beat the blood elf campaign. 4 Bugs we came across, but even with them it was a ton of fun! On "gates of the abyss", the second player does not get vision of the green draenei forces (still allied though) Also on that...
deepstrasz
Considering the fact that @Kilmaat's previous campaign modification is based on the same working system and also including @tulee's comments, I see no reason for this not to be approved.
Level 2
I found on my hard drive a download of this same page a year ago, before it was updated. I tested and it works. I make it available to everyone here, Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne campaigns.
I recommend that both versions be officially available for download, for people who HATE reforged

Reign of Chaos Archon Mode 1.27:
Reign of Chaos - Archon Mode.zip

Frozen Throne Archon Mode 1.27:
The Frozen Throne - Archon Mode.zip

Level 2
@Toranks Thanks!! It works on mine too!! So, it was the map version that was causing the problems after all. Thanks a lot!
If you have the 1.27 version of 2P player campaign (Download the Campaign), please upload that as well as some of the maps are done in v1.28, ie. most of Undead campaign and some of the Orc campaign.
Thanks again!

Level 23
Hello is this playable on reforged? I'll buy reforged with a friend to play this if it is. Thanks!
All maps in theory work on Reforged if they worked on classic, assuming there were no third party programs involved in their creation. Kilmaat's series will most likely work without issue.

Just on a side note, not trying to advertise someone else's project here on Kilmaat's thread or anything, but Thespoon's 2p series has been revamped for Reforged specifically, i.e it includes the newly reworked maps, if you are interested.
2 Player Campaign - Reforged

Level 7
All maps in theory work on Reforged if they worked on classic, assuming there were no third party programs involved in their creation. Kilmaat's series will most likely work without issue.

Just on a side note, not trying to advertise someone else's project here on Kilmaat's thread or anything, but Thespoon's 2p series has been revamped for Reforged specifically, i.e it includes the newly reworked maps, if you are interested.
2 Player Campaign - Reforged

You are right, reforged didn't break anything so I didn't need to make any updates as a result, but I wasn't planning on making the reforged campaign as the changes were very minor. I am happy to see TheSpoon coming back to work on the 2P campaign though!

Level 1
Hi! Just wanted to appreciate your work. The fact that you're still helping people is incredible! Originally I wanted to post about the game not being able to "see" maps, but I readed previous posts and downloaded the old version of this. A big THANK YOU.

Last edited:
Level 29
Hello a question, I see that the recommended version for your maps are 1.31/1.31
I use the old 1.27 since I dont like the newest patchs, the recommended version is a hard requeriment or it will work with older versions?
The recommended version is not really an important, but for this map it also works on older patches.
Read the post above. There is a download link for 1.27's Archon Mode. Do not bother clicking on "Download" button on the description.

Level 16
These maps do not work in 1.27. Where can I download the old version of these maps that worked in 1.27?
Exactly my problem as well.
Is there a 1.27 version of the maps?
please chapter 7 night elf region of chaos for 1.27
Hello a question, I see that the recommended version for your maps are 1.31/1.31
I use the old 1.27 since I dont like the newest patchs, the recommended version is a hard requeriment or it will work with older versions?
We clearly need a pre-1.27b version relisted.

I found on my hard drive a download of this same page a year ago, before it was updated. I tested and it works. I make it available to everyone here, Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne campaigns.
I recommend that both versions be officially available for download, for people who HATE reforged

Reign of Chaos Archon Mode 1.27:
Reign of Chaos - Archon Mode.zip

Frozen Throne Archon Mode 1.27:
The Frozen Throne - Archon Mode.zip
These links do not work anymore, @Kilmaat Do you have an archive somewhere with these?

Here is the last version of Archon Campaign before Reforged came out, though it may have bugs that I have since fixed.

Warcraft III - Archon Mode.zip
This doesn't support 1.27 unfortunatly

Level 16
Unfortunately, the author has just deleted that files. Your only hope is to download the latest one above (which only supports the latest WC3 version).
There is an alternate link: Download the Campaign.
I'm not sure how you think that's my only hope, That's not even for Archon-Mode, That's the link for the 2P Campaign. 2 Different projects.
Also, The author did not delete his link, its still works, while the other person who had previous files is no longer hosting them, thus why I asked the author if they have an archived copy.

Level 2
I'm having trouble connecting to my friend and vice versa through LAN. It kicks us both out into LAN menu. Please help me :(

Details worth mentioning:
We both have exactly the same version - 1.31
We can play basic game together using LAN without a problem.
We can play Blizzard-made customs without a problem.
The problem happens for every custom downloaded from Hive Workshop.
We see the lobby when we try to connect, it just kicks us both out when we click it.

We both tried running it as admin and disabling firewall. Perhaps we need to adjust some very specific settings?

I'm having trouble connecting to my friend and vice versa through LAN. It kicks us both out into LAN menu. Please help me :(

Details worth mentioning:
We both have exactly the same version - 1.31
We can play basic game together using LAN without a problem.
We can play Blizzard-made customs without a problem.
The problem happens for every custom downloaded from Hive Workshop.
We see the lobby when we try to connect, it just kicks us both out when we click it.

We both tried running it as admin and disabling firewall. Perhaps we need to adjust some very specific settings?
Both of you need to have the map. Has that been checked too?

Level 2
Both of you need to have the map. Has that been checked too?
We do, but now that I think about it the zip file makes a sub-directory. I'm not sure how exactly my friend saved it (he could have renamed the sub-folder to just "Archon" for all I know), does that matter? Also is it better to both have it directly in Maps folder or should we leave it in said folder how I unzipped it?

Level 29
We do, but now that I think about it the zip file makes a sub-directory. I'm not sure how exactly my friend saved it (he could have renamed the sub-folder to just "Archon" for all I know), does that matter? Also is it better to both have it directly in Maps folder or should we leave it in said folder how I unzipped it?
First, and foremost, you and your friend must have at least one Archon map, so the person joining doesn't have to download it after joining.
In addition, the map file name must be same. I think the map you're trying to play is quite diferent than your friend's one.

Level 2
Remove the readme.html that's included in the zip and it will work. I had the same issue when I first tried the maps and didn't realize that there was an HTML file making WC3 act up, you can store the maps in their own directory just fine. I believe that there should not be any issue as long as the game can find the maps somewhere in the Custom Maps folder

Sorry for necro-ing this, but I feel this is info that should be available for the people new to this pack