• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft II: Human Campaign

Stormshock Presents

Warcraft II: Human Campaign

Created by Stormshock

Campaign Info:

This campaign is based on the Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness campaign. In this campaign you play as Human. The missions take place in the region of Hillsbrad, which lies south of Lordaeron. The campaign consists of 6 maps; an opening and ending cinematic and the first four Human missions (Act 1). You play the Nation of Lordaeron and must fight against the Blackrock Clan. When you play this campaign, you will notice the differences between Warcraft II and Warcraft III. For example the health and damage of units is very low compared to Warcraft III units. Beside of this difference, you will notice many more of them.
I got the idea to make a Warcraft II campaign when I was reading comments on the internet about people searching for Warcraft II maps within Warcraft III. I have played Warcraft II myself and decided to make a campaign about it.

Map information:

Each mission starts with an intro cinematic, which explains the goal of the mission. When the cinematic is over, you will see the starting situation of the town. Beside from the units and buildings, there is a Gold Mine and lots of trees to harvest resources. Like Warcraft II, there are no other neutral buildings or creeps.

Human Tech Tree:

In the list below are all Human buildings and units shown with a short explanation:

• Town Hall: used to train workers and return resources.
  • Barracks: used to train land units.
  • Farm: used to increase the amount of food.
  • Elven Lumber Mill: used for more lumber production and range-unit upgrades.
  • Scout Tower: observation tower which can be upgraded into a defensive structure (Guard tower).
  • Shipyard: used to train ships.
  • Oil Refinery: used for more oil production.
  • Foundry: used for ship weapon and armor.

• Peasant: used to harvest gold and lumber and construct buildings.
  • Footman: melee unit to attack enemies and defend the town.
  • Elven Archer: range unit to attack enemies and defend the town.
  • Human Oil Tanker: used to harvest oil and construct Oil Platforms.
  • Elven Destroyer: range ship to attack and defend naval buildings.
  • Human Transport: ship to transport land units by sea.

Screenshots:

The Orcs are once again on their way to destroy the Human kingdom.

9aNNyQX.jpg

The war between Humans and Orcs continues, but not only by land...

XU7bbMf.jpg

...but also by sea.

FROLhKV.jpg

This war will cost the Humans dearly.

nWz6p10.jpg

Versions:

Changed:
  • Changed the title of the campaign to "WC2_Human_Campaign".

Changed:
  • Changed the icons, models and sounds of the units and buildings.
  • Changed the tileset from summer to winter.

Fixed:
  • Fixed an issue where the Oil Tanker would always return to the latest drop-off point. It also does not return to the Town Hall any more.

Added:
  • Added an advanced building button for the Peasants.
Changed:
  • Changed the model of the Circle of Power.
Fixed:
  • Fixed an issue where you could get infinite oil.

Removed:
  • Mission 3: Removed the Lumber Mill and one of the Chicken Farms. They were not intended to be there.
Changed:
  • Changed the models of several ships.
  • Changed the model of the Human Refinery.

Added:
  • Mission 3: Added a hint for the second part of the main quest.
  • Mission 3: Added a temporary point in the script to reduce some of the memory leaks.
  • Added some doodads in the sea area.
Removed:
  • Mission 4: Removed the Oil Patch near the Town Hall, since the Oil Tanker would not return to the Shipyard.
  • Mission 4: Moved another Oil Patch further away from the starting base to make the distance the same as the removed Oil Patch.
Changed:
  • Mission 2: Increased the range that the Circle of Power detects an captured Elven Archer to 250 (up from 150).
  • Mission 2: Decreased the hit points of the captured Elven Archers to 30 (down from 32).
  • Increased the amount of Oil of Oil Patches to 75000 (up from 50000).

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • Blizzard for making this tutorial.
  • www.thehelper.net for answering some of my questions.
  • www.hiveworkshop.com for answering some of my questions and giving feedback.

Models:
  • Mephestrial for making the "HumanOilTanker", "HumanOilPlatform" and "OrcOilPlatform" model.
  • Red XIII for making the "WCIIHumanOilPlatform", "WCIITownHall", "WCIIHumanFarm", "WCII_GreatHall", "ElfLumberMill", "WCIIOrcWarTower" and "WCIIOrcFoundry" model.
  • supertoinkz for making the "Orc Oil Tanker" and WC2 Human Transport Ship" model.
  • Dmitry Rommel for making the "UndeadTransportShip" model.
  • HandCLAW for making the "WC2 Troll Destroyer" model.
  • AnemicRoyalty for making the "ElvenDestroyerTC" model.
  • Mechanical Man for making the "Refinery" model.
  • TheSecretArts for making the "Barracks" model.
Sounds:
  • MDLarson for combining all Warcraft II sounds.
Guides:
  • modPeon for making the map "(Warcraft II) Garden of War" with an armor guide.
  • aple for making the map "[GUI] Advanced Build Mechanic 1.0" with an advanced worker guide.
  • Blizzard for making the "Hillsbrad", "Theramore" and "Gilneas" map.
Icons:
  • Blizzard for making the Warcraft II icons.

Author's note:

Last but not least I want to thank you all for playing this campaign. If anyone got a comment about this campaign, you can leave a message on this site.

Keywords:
Warcraft, 2, II, Tides of Darkness, Human, Humans, Campaign.
Contents

Warcraft II: Human Campaign (Campaign)

Reviews
10:56, 23rd Apr 2014 Orcnet: Can be approved
Level 1
good campaign, but in chapter 2 ork was ataking base, one archer was like some hero and has an oun name, in chapter 4 is a bug with oilship when build an island town hall there start to harvest oil to that town hall and just stand an the shore

Level 15
I really like the Idea that at last someone makes Warcraft 2 Campaign, because I really like Warcraft 2. The map was cool, however:

At the third chapter the game crushes when I am about to build the oil platform, and I cannot continue the game. Maybe you should reduce memory leaks.

Apart from that, it is a good map, everything is like in WC2 were: units, music, resources etc. The terrain is also well-done.

So good luck with map, and make more maps in it.:thumbs_up:

Short Review

1. I like this campaign but I couldn't say more of the story because I was stocked in the 4th map.
2. The some parts of the terrain might need some smoothing, though. But you have used up tile variations nicely. You also have doodads and some neutral units, that's cool.
3. I am just stocked on the fourth map when I was tasked to build some oil platform. You used a hunt goldmine ability so the building looks for a goldmine to hunt. It is very much impossible because the unit that will build is an aquatic unit.
4. The other thing that I like in this campaign is the use of sounds. That's really super cool for a custom campaign.
Suggestions
1. Do some fixes with the 4th map I think. The one that gives a task to build an oil platform.
2. Also, you might want to add a hint that there is a unit that builds this certain building because the peasant doesn't have that ability. A player might wonder who will build it.

Vote: Needs fix/Awaiting Updates with no rating

Level 1
Mission 1 Not Working

I downloaded the game, feeling ready to try out this game remake into TFT custom campaign, however, I got through the cinematic and I tried clicking Mission 1 to start the mission. It did not start the mission and kicked me straight back out to the campaign menu.

Don't know if that is a bug, but I want to let you know about it so the problem is fixed if it can. Thank you.

Also, it would be nice if the rest of the campaign was created for both human and orc so I can view the entire Human campaign in this game. Also if you can try to create the BNE version where it contains some Human/Orc components from Warcraft II Beyond the Dark Portal.

Level 16
I downloaded the game, feeling ready to try out this game remake into TFT custom campaign, however, I got through the cinematic and I tried clicking Mission 1 to start the mission. It did not start the mission and kicked me straight back out to the campaign menu.

Don't know if that is a bug, but I want to let you know about it so the problem is fixed if it can. Thank you.
Be sure you have the latest version of TFT, thus ensures the game works properly. The Campaign works perfectly for me.

Also, it would be nice if the rest of the campaign was created for both human and orc so I can view the entire Human campaign in this game. Also if you can try to create the BNE version where it contains some Human/Orc components from Warcraft II Beyond the Dark Portal.
Based on this Demo that has been created, the number of views, rating, and downloads will show the author if he wishes to continue this project.

I will add this has been a very well put together project thus far and I have high hopes to see it continue. The cinematic could use the build-in war2intro.mp3 found in the sound editor and voice acting (or the original audio) would be great for the narrations.

Level 28
Little bug on the first mission: building three farms marks that requirement as completed. Then when the barracks is built, the quest shows that you still have to build 4 farms. But then you go to the score screen, so not much of a problem.

As for the extra quests... Well, they do add a little extra to the game, so I don't think there's much of a problem. However, you should put a counter (number of ships destroyed/number of units rescued etc.)

Bug on the fourth mission: building a new town hall on the gold island causes oil tankers to drop off their cargo there.

More as I come across them.

Last edited:

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

It's a good one,but why not add new models to ground units? 'Scars of conflict' mod have few very good models that could be of use in here.Also... it's a bit short.

Level 4
I actually wanted to see a Warcraft 2 campaigne in Warcraft 3 style not an Wc3 campaigne in Wc2 style : / anyway nice

Level 2
that's what Letgoit2, Me and many more players want to see
1) Warcraft 1 & 2 remake with wc3 style/engine
2) Warcraft 3 story Continuation (what happens after FT in wc3)
3) Warcraft 4 Action role-playing (that's not for the internet)

Level 16
The author want's to create a Warcraft 2 story in Warcraft 2 style
If we wanted that we would play the original that has Heroes,cinematic with sound and has no bugs/errors
So, don't play this then.. what's the issue?
The author made a pretty well made campaign about Warcraft II imo. It's only a demo though too.

I just don;t see your point to criticize over idea that's not what the author intends to make. From what I see here, and what the author has created, it's very well done.

_And that's the bottom line_

Level 2
So, don't play this then.. what's the issue?
The author made a pretty well made campaign about Warcraft II imo. It's only a demo though too.

I just don;t see your point to criticize over idea that's not what the author intends to make. From what I see here, and what the author has created, it's very well done.

_And that's the bottom line_

The author made a campaign and calls it Warcraft II Tides of Darkness. which means he made a better version of the original.
But that's not the case he didn't even make a replica. He put some maps together and call's it Warcraft II Tides of Darkness

The problem its not the author it's you that you didn't realize what Letgoit2 meant with hes post
(I actually wanted to see a Warcraft 2 campaign in Warcraft 3 style not an Wc3 campaign in Wc2 style)
when he download the game expected something better than just a copy

If i make a warcraft 3 game i will not call it Reign of Chaos or the Frozen Throne unless its the same or a Better version

Last edited:
Level 2
What? where does that mean its better then the original?!!!

The only reason to do a remake its to take something old like movies and games and create a better version

But i never said it is better. the author did by calling it Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness

Level 16
The only reason to do a remake its to take something old like movies and games and create a better version
Not true, sometimes people just want to add their own flavor on it, not say their version is better then the original.
But i never said it is better. the author did by calling it Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness
No where does it read "This is a better version then the original" stop assuming. The descriptions reads "based off Warcraft II", Not better.

Level 2
No where does it read "This is a better version then the original" stop assuming. The descriptions reads "based off Warcraft II", Not better.

The descriptions reads ''This campaign is based on the Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness'' which means its a fan-made sequel or expansion but the title of the game its Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness like the original
Making as believe it is a remake and since it was made with wc3 engine the game is better than the original (with better terrain,units,dialog's,cinematic's and many more

Level 16
The descriptions reads ''This campaign is based on the Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness'' which means its a fan-made sequel or expansion but the title of the game its Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness like the original
Making as believe it is a remake and since it was made with wc3 engine the game is better
just because an engine is better, doesn't mean the campaign story is better, that's just an opinion.

and you are entitled to yours, but your assuming to much by claiming the authors is saying this version is better, which there no indication of that.

You don't like it, fine. No one is disputing that, but your also saying they said it was better then the original here, that's just you assuming.

I'm not going to turn this entire thread into an argument. I like what the author has done here, and will continue to look for an update/ complete version.

Level 2
just because an engine is better, doesn't mean the campaign story is better, that's just an opinion.

and you are entitled to yours, but your assuming to much by claiming the authors is saying this version is better, which there no indication of that.

You don't like it, fine. No one is disputing that, but your also saying they said it was better then the original here, that's just you assuming.

I'm not going to turn this entire thread into an argument. I like what the author has done here, and will continue to look for an update/ complete version.

i have no problem with the games story the Terrain/Bugs its the problem.
If this campaign its not better than the original but worst then why make it and why call it Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness like the original?

Level 4
Not true, sometimes people just want to add their own flavor on it, not say their version is better then the original.

ohh dude really ? i just say i would like to see a warcraft 2 campaigne in Wc3 style nothing more i didnt said that this campaign sucks, i write that down in chat so maybe one person will make an remake :D someday ^^ because i got my campaign that isnt finished yet ... life in peace bro :goblin_good_job:

Level 16
ohh dude really ? i just say i would like to see a warcraft 2 campaigne in Wc3 style nothing more i didnt said that this campaign sucks, i write that down in chat so maybe one person will make an remake :D someday ^^ because i got my campaign that isnt finished yet ... life in peace bro :goblin_good_job:

The quote you made wasn't addressed to you though, so what are you trying to say? I never said anything about what your claiming.

Level 4
The quote you made wasn't addressed to you though, so what are you trying to say? I never said anything about what your claiming.

yeah its ok , its ok . I thought you didnt understand what i want in my first comment because of that long conversation, that was made.

Level 12
Hey, what happened to the orc campaign? Also, 4 missions is really short, original campaign had 12. So will you be continueing to update this project? And what about Beyond The Dark Portal? Will you make that too?

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Love it but its too short. Make the other missions as well!

Level 2
This is amazing.
the guy said Map can be approved. are your for real!! why dont you try to master something like this!
why is this a guy a moderator???? it is like meh i approve your map so kiss my feet.
please dont delete my post likeyou did before because i am telling the truth.

Level 4
Yep it's good I had fun playing it, but it has some problems, but then again it's a fan release so it can't be perfect