• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft Europe XL 9.0.1

Matthew Meyer Presents

Warcraft Europe XL 9.0.1
Created by Matthew Meyer

Map Info:

Warcraft Europe is the homeland of the Humans, Orcs, Undead, and Night Elves. Embark on an epic quest to conquer all of Warcraft Europe for you and your allies! Kings and Queens have ruled over different empires in Warcraft Europe and had established castles housing great wealth and protection. Conquer these castles to secure a great wealth of gold supply.

Features:

Warcraft Europe is a legendary proportion medieval fantasy melee map with different terrain types, doodads, and creeps.

Some else stuff about map:

Warcraft Europe is a project I enjoy making! Have fun building you medieval fantasy kingdoms with your friends!

Screenshots and Videos:

Image Description:

Castle in Atlantis:

warcraft-iii-2023-07-07-22-33-58-906-png.439549
warcraft-3-custom-warcraft-europe-9-5-png.460507

Image Description:

Castle in the Mediterranean:

warcraft-iii-2023-07-07-22-34-05-546-png.439550
warcraft-3-custom-warcraft-europe-9-7-png.460509

Image Description:

Castle in Eastern Europe:

warcraft-iii-2023-07-07-22-34-11-631-png.439551
warcraft-3-custom-warcraft-europe-9-8-png.460510

Image Description:

Iceberg Castle:

warcraft-iii-2023-07-07-22-34-17-993-png.439552
warcraft-3-custom-warcraft-europe-9-6-png.460508

Image Description:

Human Settlement:

warcraft-iii-2023-07-07-22-33-39-637-png.439546
warcraft-3-custom-warcraft-europe-9-1-png.460503

Image Description:

Orc Settlement:

warcraft-iii-2023-07-07-22-33-51-968-png.439548
warcraft-3-custom-warcraft-europe-9-2-png.460504

Image Description:

Undead Settlement:

warcraft-iii-2023-07-07-22-33-33-129-png.439545
warcraft-3-custom-warcraft-europe-9-4-png.460506

Image Description:

Night Elf Settlement:

warcraft-iii-2023-07-07-22-33-45-960-png.439547
warcraft-3-custom-warcraft-europe-9-3-png.460505

Change Log:

Added:

• New Custom Units
  • New Custom Heroes
  • New Custom Ships

Added:

• Infernal Machine Added
  • New Castle in Eastern Europe
  • Hero Abilities Adjustments
  • Tiny Shipyard Adjustments

Added:

• More Creeps Carry Items
  • New Unit Abilities
  • More Doodads
  • New Custom Hero Abilities

Added:

• Terrain Edits
  • Unit Stat Edits
  • Hero Ability Edits

Added:

• Terrain Edits
  • Unit Edits
  • New Units

Added:

• New Gold Mine Amounts
  • New Custom Items
  • New Custom Hero Stats

Added:

• New Gold Mine Amounts
  • Custom Unit Stat Adjustments
  • New Ice Island and Castle

Added:

• New Custom Unit Stats
  • New Warcraft Atlantic Island
  • New Custom Items
  • Map Fixes
  • Custom Navy Workers that can build Shipyards for each race.

Added:

• New Custom Unit Stats
  • Night Elf Custom Swordsman Defend Ability Fix
  • New Gold Mine Amounts

Added:

• New Custom Hero Stats
  • New Custom Unit Stats
  • New Gold Mine Amounts

Added:

• Gold Mine Added to Denmark
  • Unit, Item, Ability, and Upgrade Adjustments
  • Tiny Shipyard Items for Each Race

Added:

• Custom Unit Fixes
  • Custom Ship Adjustments
  • Castle Gold Mine Adjustments

Added:

• Belgium Added to Map
  • Custom Unit Fixes
  • Custom Item Fixes

Added:

• Map Returned to Melee
  • New Terrain Features
  • New Gold Mine Quantity and Gold Amounts

Added:

• Map Changed to Altered Melee
  • Map Now Features Custom Units and Heroes
  • Iceland Had Ice Terrain Added To It

Added:

• Terrain Edits
  • Doodad Edits
  • Player Edits
  • Hero Edits
  • Unit Edits

Added:

• Terrain Edits
  • Doodad Edits
  • Player Edits

Added:

• I made some adjustments to the terrain to be more consistent.

Added:

• Mountains added to Europe to add a level of difficulty and strategy.
  • Gold Mine amount and gold amount per gold mine adjusted.
  • Map returned to melee from altered melee.

Credits:

Warcraft Europe Map Maker:

• Matthew Meyer

Author's notes:

Good luck! Have fun!

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates
Contents

Warcraft Europe XL 9.0.1 (Map)

Reviews
22:40, 20th May 2014 Orcnet: Map Approved, can be acceptable

M

22:40, 20th May 2014
Orcnet: Map Approved, can be acceptable

Level 11
V9.1 will probably be my last update until I start adding custom models. It includes a few small updates to objects, in particular units costs. I do have other projects so it might take quite a while before I complete the models and add them.

Level 11
russia is not a part of europe and also the screencaps only show what already exists in the melee game on a map that is definitely not europe
if this were a baby, i would suggest abortion

I would have fit Russia in if I could have use a larger map than epic. Other than that I tried to be as accurate as possible. I still think it was a pretty good job overall, but not perfect.

Level 1
i played your maps and you really need fixes like sounset changes and cuatom abilities, also for dranei worker you can find it in ujimaniao,s.resources in the lost one pack! use murgul slave as murloc peon!cmn and rename some buildings and change icons and models!

Level 11
i played your maps and you really need fixes like sounset changes and cuatom abilities, also for dranei worker you can find it in ujimaniao,s.resources in the lost one pack! use murgul slave as murloc peon!cmn and rename some buildings and change icons and models!

I fixed the sounds and Murloc Peon in V9.2. I will look into using custom models and abilities or making them myself. I will probably change the building names when I change the building models.

Level 2
Is there any intent to give Night Elves a custom race within them? Undead get Demons, Humans get Draenei and 'Icecrown', Orcs get the Naga/Bloodelf Alliance and Makura, but Night Elves get nothing. Even shifting Naga to the Nightelves might be enough.

We should probably have Akama for a Human(AKA Draenei) hero. Draenei without their Elder Sage isn't....right.

Last edited:
Level 11
Is there any intent to give Night Elves a custom race within them? Undead get Demons, Humans get Draenei and 'Icecrown', Orcs get the Naga/Bloodelf Alliance and Makura, but Night Elves get nothing. Even shifting Naga to the Nightelves might be enough.

We should probably have Akama for a Human(AKA Draenei) hero. Draenei without their Elder Sage isn't....right.

I do not have any plans for a new Night Elf race because you cannot create a second custom wisp type worker that can harvest gold from an Entangled Gold Mine, I tried.

I will consider an Elder Sage hero for the Draenei.

Level 11
I changed this map back to a random race, random start location, altered melee map. If you play as Human you have a 50% chance of being either Dragon Human or Blood Elf. Blood Elf if one of my new races!

Level 11
I am working on a Draenei race next! You will have a random chance of being Dragon Orc of Draenei!

It might take a while though.

Sorry I do not have any custom models yet. In the future I may create and add some, but I am not sure yet.

Level 11
YES!!! Instead of Russia you could make Baltic union or something like that...

P.S. Overall cool idea/ nice map ^^

That is a good idea! If I had more room, a size above epic, I defiantly would have included Russia because it is such an important country in the history of Europe. If I ever redo this map I will be sure to include it.

Level 11
That is a good idea! If I had more room, a size above epic, I defiantly would have included Russia because it is such an important country in the history of Europe. If I ever redo this map I will be sure to include it.

The only problem I had with fitting Russia into Warcraft Europe was that I needed a rectangular map, and I used an epic sized square map, not knowing, at first, what would fit in.

A new rectangular map can be done, but than I may have problems fitting in some other European countries, like Spain, Italy, Greece, and the British Isles.

Level 11
I have completed my main updates for this map in V30. Enjoy!

If you have any suggestions or bugs let me know.

If I think of anything else to update, such as general improvements, I will do so.

(EDIT): I actually may not be done with this map yet, I may add a new race!

Last edited:
Level 11
In V32 I increased the Gold Mine amounts to 25000 each. So far I added a Race Dialog, where you can choose your own sub race. Each sub race has it's own custom units.

I plan on making a new Orc sub race called The Ancients.

I am also working on custom AI for each sub race.

I am also thinking about making a random chance sub race/AI array for computer players to make things more interesting.

Level 11
I have resolved issues concerning the Blood Elf Heroes and Temple of Tides, Seas, and Oceans.

Like I said in the Dalaran Schism comments, I will take my time and resolve the Blood Elf issues for each map.

Level 11
I found a problem concerning the Temple of Seas/Oceans upgrade, concerning the Altar of Kings. I changed the requirement to it's correct altar: the Altar of Tides. I will fix my other maps also, in time.