• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft dies when....

Status
Not open for further replies.
TDR said:
Dear mister Dionesiist,
I am realy, realy sorry but I have to brake my vow and not be nice for a few seconds because I must tell you this: you are a fucking idiot.

Level 36
HT offers a good argument here. Have you people not read anything that I've said here?

WCIV is all but confirmed at the moment, and since that IS the case, it is assumed that Blizzard will RETCON WOW. This means that everything that has happened in WoW will be considered non-canon or alternate universe. This means that the official canon will carry on where Blizzard left it: at the end of The Frozen Throne.

Campir: I apologize for being so mean, but you people just jump to the most wild conclusions without any base evidence, which makes me incredibly angry. I meant no long-term offense.

Level 12
Pshh who the fuck cares if a blizzard employee slipped that they had a WCIV concept brewing... You all remeber Starcraft Ghost? They had that game nearly finished and then scrapped it. WCIV is like... Barely in development... I'm still more then positive it won't come out. But like you touched on with the diablo thing, that's just my opinion... Also I'll give you a better argument on why it won't get made, as you requested.
You said that it's stupid to think Blizzard won't make WCIV because it won't make as much money as WoW. Well clearly blizzard doesn't give a fuck about there lore as they displayed in WoW, they care about making money. So why would they devote there time to making a game souley to expand on the lore that they so clearly don't care about, when they could be making another WoW expansion that would make them LOADS of money.
Also I don't mine you call me ignorant as I called you the same. But don't tell me I know nothing about blizzard. I love there games and have been a fan of theres for along time. I'm no expert but I'm not and idiot.
Also SC was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more popular then wc until wc3 came out. And you're right about the differences between gameplay, but honestly, an RTS is an RTS. Just like an mmorpg is an mmorpg and a FPS is a FPS.
Also you're weakest argument was: 'they never said WCIV wont come out so that means it will!'. Way to optimistic dude. That's like saying 'blizzard never said they wouldn't cure cancer so that means they will!'. Don't expect blizzard to out right say there will never be a WCIV.

Let me pick apart what you said and correct it then answer it...
To the first bold, Starcraft isn't warcraft, they are more creative with warcraft then with startcraft, plus after they nearly finished it, they scrapped it because they didn't like how it was turning out, so then later on another company got rights to make it, and I think its currently being worked on.

To the second bold... You claim its in developmentm but won't think it won't come out? Why? Warcraft is the one franchise they can mold into w/e they want, they can easily make a original lore for it, they can either go past WoW lore or ignore it.

to the third bold... Yes WoW did make a LOT of money, and is one of the reasons with the lore altered. But its also because they keep adding and adding, and have to make it make sense within the lore, they may add stuff in the lore we haven't seen, or slightly change what was said or happened for it to make sense, and they did that a LOT, and because it makes so much money, and fans keep asking for more, they keep milking it, which is the reasons for the expansions, and the patches with new content, they always have to add more content, would you rather all of it fit nowhere? For it to make sense that have to alter the lore a bit, sometimes it gets really stupid and contradicts things like MURDIDAN NEVER DYING AND LOST HIS MEMORY!?! WHAT THE FUCK?! Fans want more, and it makes loads, its more of fans wanting more, so they have to keep adding content to satisfy there customers, and they get more money as the process goes on, and they keep having to alter this and that until its just a mess. Which is the reason its best just to ignore WoW, because its not really following the original lore, its more of a spin off in my opinion. And they want it to make sense, but there is only so far you can go before it is just screwed up.

To the 4th bold... Reason I call you ignorant because what you posted and how you posted it/typed it. Lot of people have the same argument, saying its "because wow makes so much money, they won't make it!" or "WoW took over where warcraft 3 left off, your all dumbasses ever thinking they would make another RTS". Its shit like that I hear a lot, and its ignorant and annoying.

To the 5th bold... I NEVER said you knew nothing of blizzard, I said you apparantly know little or none about gaming companies. Knowing blizzard means nothing, knowing how gaming companies work is another. Look at star wars, they make them constantly, it sells, they have made every genre of star wars... MMO...RPG...RTS...FPS...and so on. Blizzard is slowly expanding there genres, More then likely they will have dozens of different genres for the franchises within a few decades. They started from RTS, then RPG, then MMORPG, soon they will likely make a starcraft FPS, and so on.

to the 6th bold... Are you a blonde? Seriously lol, I was talking about warcraft 3 NOT warcraft 1-2... Jesus...Why would I say warcraft 1-2 are more popular then starcraft? I was talking about warcraft 3... jees....

to the 7th bold... Well your kinda altering what I've been saying and Implying, I was trying to say, if they don't say they aren't going to make it or are done with it, then more then likely they will continue it/make sequel. Seeing how that always happened with games unless they said they stop. And its not Optimistic, to be honest, I'm totally the Opposite, seriously lol. However, this goes back to what Iw as talking about with gaming companies... Woop de effing doo if they made a MMO of it.. Does that mean anything? Nope, unless they said WoW is taking over and no more RTS, they never said or implied this.. And I think 4-5 reviews they hinted of a possible Warcraft 4 being next on the list.

To the last bold... Ok, all companies will say when there done with a game, if they don't that means its up to the development teams when they want to make the sequel, and sometimes when there done with it, they will outright say they are through. Unless someone else gets the rights to make this. Companies do say this. And blizzard is a young company, no way in hell they are going to stop on all the genres there franchises are on, because EVERY franchise game they have made, gets a LOT of fans, and becomes very popular, because they take there time for there games, make sure its perfect. They gain more while continuing there franchises. Just because one makes more doesn't mean they won't continue the one that doesn't make millions monthly... They have more then one development team bud...

Anyway, I'm done with picking apart your post ^.^ =P

I seriously doubt there'll be such a thing as Wc4. It's called WoW for all you unbelievers.

I'm serious about this, if there is a Warcraft 4, you get to be my bitch for rest of your lazy life =P And you will pay me 100 million dollars, if you deny this then I will make a deal with the mafia and make them gang rape you then throw you with the chickens...

If I'm wrong I'll shoot myself in the head after cutting off my penis with a rusty dull Machete...

Deal?

Level 7
I've enjoyed your comments but am gonna' have to end the argument as I'm pretty much gonna' be in denial about the coming of WcIV until it comes out. Don't get me wrong, warcraft 2 is my favorite game on the planet, warcraft 3 comes a close second, I love the warcraft series and want a WcIV, however Blizzard has shown there lust for money and this makes me doubt they'll come out with WcIV...

That's all I have to say!

Level 12
It annoys me people think just because WoW is out they wont make a Warcraft 4... THEY HAVE MORE THEN ONE DEVELOPMENT TEAM! They make w/e game they want to make, a different team MADE WOW. THEY have NOTHING to DO with each other...

Level 4
Those two (SCII and Diablo) is online game. WarcraftIII can playable on offline.
So? No... Coz there is no other game that have good gameplay like Warcraft. Then, Warcraft is more creative than SC or Diablo coz it have a world editor..
loooooooooooool SCII is an RTS and can be played on and offline oh and the world editor was based on(and improved) from the Starcraft Campaign Editor(which was itself based and improved from Warcraft II Map Editor)

Level 12
Starcraft 2 and diablo 3 aren't online games... They can go online however, btw Starcraft 2 has a editor, a BETTER one then warcraft 3, its been said a million times in the Q&A

Level 2
Warcraft III will never die, because of dota & a few hero maps that Starcraft just can't effectively implement. SC2 will be a greatly needed transition

Level 12
Warcraft III will never die, because of dota & a few hero maps that Starcraft just can't effectively implement. SC2 will be a greatly needed transition

To be technical, Nothing last forever, just like American won't last forever, Dota won't be around "forever" Same with people playing warcraft 3, in 20 years no one will play these games to them they have really bad graphics and such. by then WAY better games will be out, and it wont be played anymore. This is inevitable. Warcraft 3 will still be for long time yes, prob for about another 10 years tops, by then a sequel will come out thats WAY better then 3, so people will switch over.

Level 2
Okay, I meant it won't die truly until WC4 is out. Blizzard said in Q&A that they will allow a hero system, but you won't be seeing the mass variety of spells the warcraft heroes had to offer. Yeah people can spend the time to remake them in SC Jass, but it won't be completely replacing WC3

Well Tauren, LUA is used for scripting bosses in World of Warcraft, I doubt they would transfer engines like that, it'll probobly be C, atmost C++.

Yeah, and lua was made ONLY FOR WOW. No, it wasn't. It's a common scripting language, easy to learn and use. You'd expect and average mapper to know C, let alone C++? Blizzard starts from the fact world editor is dedicated to gamers who want to try out game design/make maps for the game. Besides, allowing you to program the game (it's no longer scripting) in C or C++ would be just unsafe and retarded.

Level 5
Warcraft is dead because of WoW and more players play wow because of the latest expansion Wrath Of The Lich King..
more players will play warcraft ones Warcraft IV is out..

Level 5
yea.. but i've always been thinking is warcraft alive because of Dota??

Status
Not open for further replies.