1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft: A New Dawn

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Modding' started by Grey Nightmare, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well were not, so... :xxd:

2. Dentothor

Dentothor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    BAH. all these contradictory themes about what blood elves are and arent get me confused. i need some art. im looking at post thinking TL;DR

EDIT:
    Still bored.
    signature anyone?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm gonna go sleep now, I'll be putting some more lore up tomorrow if your bored, fancy doing some fresh, uncoloured sketches of Rexxar and/or Thrall?
    If not, I'll find something else for you to do tomorrow, till then good night ;)

4. Turminator8

Turminator8

Resources:
    Resources:
    By the way, I just watched that video grey posted about the possible way Wc3 was going to go, and I think it's brilliant. I would highly suggest following that path for PART of the campaign.

The reason I say part is, because it is such a different and big change it wouldn't be smart to alienate the RTS aspect so much. Instead, I believe we should have rts missions in the campaign with RPS missions inserted between rts missions.

So for example, one mission is a big RTS mission and when you complete it, the story either changes or goes into detail involving a hero/main character or a small party.

5. SasuhKun

SasuhKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wings of Vanity/Liberty. Right. Blizzard does have a lot of creativity these days, aight?
    What you said makes sense. Maybe Kerrigan's part Arthas part Sylvanas. Her part sylvanas was a excellent soldier, transformed into a monster by fate, and desires to return to its previous form, although using up all the power of her current form. As Arthas, after transforming she completely lost her mind, and began amassing a enormous and incredible force, and may or may not want to return to its previous form. Although it is hard, since he teorically lost all feelings and etc. Also, wouldn't Blizz's WC4 follow up after WoW? It is strange to create two separate, alternate storylines. No one ever did this before... Did they? Not a video game company, I mean.

6. Walle

Walle

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Sweet logo dentothor, i'll be using that signature!

7. Taylor_Mouse

Taylor_Mouse

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yep, the dwarf is using the Ghost animation, 1 thing bathers me of it, that there is an additional "death" animation, but it is stored into another file ( ghost_death.m3 ) and I don't know (yet) how to add it to the model in the editor...

Thnx for the comments guys

T.

8. Piwlady

Piwlady

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Good job all :) Looking forward to see some progress!

9. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    Haha cheers, nice to know we have some support piwlady :)

Taylor yes, it baffles and annoys me. They have several seperate death models for every unit instead of various death anims. It's going to prove problematic because even with importing wow models when they die it doesn't play the death anim, we'll have to copy, edit and reimport death models.. ._.

10. RoarMan

RoarMan

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've found a work around this, we just have to use proper events for each actor.

Right now I got the peon model you sent me to die properly without a separate death model or actor.

11. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    Omg Roarman <3
    Which reminds me, this is our new awesome Data Editor dubbed 'Dude' or 'New Guy' - he's cool :)

12. Turminator8

Turminator8

Resources:
    Resources:
    Grey, more lore on website please. : )

13. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh f*** lol, totally forgot I promised that :D
    *insert made up excuse*

Actually I'm not like the rest of those modders, if I promise something I try my upmost to deliver... I'll get right on it ;)

EDIT: Just might be a couple of hours, got some other mod related stuff to do D;
    *breaks into singing* and yeahahhhh... I DO IT ALL FOR YOU!

EDIT2: Just had a huge, unexpected but highly useful discussion (and AGREEMENT (for once!)) about certain gameplay aspects and directions of the mod that I can't talk about right now (how many times have you heard that? no it doesn't mean we didn't do anything it means were not going to tell you! Why? I don't freaking know, probably because we feel cool and powerful knowing something you don't? Yeah I know you know stuff I don't know. Nice try I'm not going to trade).

Anyway didn't get the lore done... hehe... I'll definitely put something up tomorrow - if I can be bothered getting up early, I'll do it then else, after work. IS THERE ANYTHING SPECIFIC YOU WANT TO KNOW LORE WISE (related to humans/orcs)? I can't promise I'll answer but seeing as I didn't deliver today, I feel inclined to give you a little something, so a choice in what I reveal is yours to some degree :D (if you post b4 I get round to it... 6-14hrs)

EDIT3: Roarman has been doing some AMAZING data stuff, he's been working on stuff I feel I can talk about, but meh, I'll let him do it because I'm feeling lazy right now.

-> It involves... a Great Hall, Peons... Other Structures and resources. :)
    and it's a lot more exciting than it sounds! HONEST D:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  14. Turminator8

Turminator8

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice! :p I was kinda hoping for some faction lore :p

15. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok so I didn't get any lore done... but! I did do some site work, I went on to do some lore and then realised... I didn't like the background section in some ways, for e.g. it doesn't actually tell you what page your on so I messed around with that, it now highlights your page on the navbar. :D

Also changed some pictures, fonts, textsize and layout a tad'
    All ready for lore additions throughout the week!

Factions? Alright, Forsaken and Theramore coming up!

And we've advanced on the hero idea somewhat, probably more on that much later in the month - see how TWIF gets on with it.

EDIT: The background page will wipe your current page when you highlight a subsection, this is necessary for the highlighting nav bit to work properly - I won't go into details but please don't complain, why are you moving your mouse up there if your not going to change page anyway!? :D

16. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The thread is now Operated by Grey Nightmare, Good Luck managing this.

17. SasuhKun

SasuhKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Something happened TWIF?

18. Reaper51

Reaper51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Grey does what now?

19. rcshaggy

rcshaggy

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you see the first post, he'll manage the thread.
    LOL....

20. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Why didn't Hakeem just transfer thread ownership to Grey? He did that with SoC and it worked just fine.
    Oh well. :p