Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 2, 2018.

1. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    According to Wowhead, the most recent patch for the Battle.net client has added a BETA option for Warcraft 3 Reforged. The beta itself is obviously not available yet, but the inclusion of references to it in the launcher strongly points towards it going live soon (i.e. most likely around Blizzcon).

@Ralle @StoPCampinGn00b @Archian - tagging you guys in case you'd want to write a news piece about this or even just to let you know that things are happening :)

Source: Warcraft III Reforged Beta Option Added to Launcher - Beta Near BlizzCon?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  2. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:

It is added to bnet database as an entry, but there is no build yet but the preperations has been all made now and a build can be released in any time now basically, there is a high chance of it being announced with Blizzcon schedule that will probably be announced next week as a virtual ticket goodie. Or it can just happen near Blizzcon(before,on,or just after it) as a somewhat preorderer exclusive thing.

3. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    My guess is that it will be similar to the Classic demo from last year's Blizzcon, i.e. if you buy a Virtual Ticket (or are present at the convention), you will have access to the Beta, while the actual (i.e. with more invites) Beta - if they aren't just branding the demo as a Beta - will happen shortly after Blizzcon.

Regardless, what this tells us is that it's getting really, really close, because they wouldn't be updating the launcher in preparation for the Beta if it wasn't near.

4. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yeah, since they do those kind of updates just about a week before the release of the thing. We can know more about it when they announce the schedule next week and hopefully have it as a virtual ticket goodie atleast.

5. sonphamthe11H

sonphamthe11H

Resources:
    Resources:
  6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  7. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Dark/undead Jaina skin/model (portrait)? Also the BfA Jaina version.
    But yeah, you can even see female versions like the DH. I totally hate Illidan's eyes being shown though. Kills the special thing about the character, being blind.
    There's also a satyr or Emerald Nightmare version for the KoG.
    I guess Furion and Tyrande now have green hair.
    Looks like there are two Arthas human icons, either different skin/model or one of them is the version after the character takes Frostmourne.
    Not sure if orcs have their noses too small though or not.

Lol, it's not easy it's story mode. Talk about politically correct but then does that make you abnormal not playing the normal difficulty?

Ha-ha they dressed the archer up.

Ah OK, the last link confirms the icons, so indeed Emerald Nightmare KoG (Cenarius), Frostmourne wielding Arthas, and the Dark Jaina was actually a female Death Knight.

The Spirit Walker looks too brutish for a spell caster.
    The Wind Rider is a bit too different from the original but you get used to it wearing a skull instead of a stuffed head.
    Grom's icon isn't that representative except for the eyes.
    Peons look as if they were possessed and it's not the chaos version.

9. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, the NE Archer was more sexy in the original and she's obviously been covered up to make the game more "politically correct"... but the armor is actually nice and come to think of it, it kinda does make sense that she isn't going into battle half-naked. So yeah, I'm a bit torn on this.

I like some icons/portraits more and some less, but still - I think that overall they've done a pretty good job and if this was Warcraft 4, I don't think many people would be complaining. Still, it's rather obvious that "Reforged" is closer to "Reimagined" than "Recreated" :) Personally I don't really mind it, but I can understand people who feel like it's too big of a departure from the original.

---

Some more cool stuff:

1. Blizzard & Flamestrike animations/spell effects:

Stevan Mitrovic on Twitter

Stevan Mitrovic on Twitter

2. Male Paladin in-game:

[​IMG]

3. Orc Peon:

[​IMG]

---

My comment:

1. Spell effects look absolutely amazing, but I'm really not sold on the casting animations by both heroes.

2. I really dislike the hair on the male paladin... it's too stylized after the modern US military.

3. Most of you are probably going to hate it, but I absolutely LOVE the Peon, because in the lore Peons were supposed to be these dumb and weak "failed" Orcs and at least to me, this new model sells that fantasy better than the old one (at least to me).

---

P.s. the guy who datamined these was asked to post more in-game screenshots/animations and said that he'll do it tomorrow once he gets home, so... I'd suggest bookmarking/following him on Twitter if you want to get the news right away. If you don't mind waiting, I'll post whatever I find here.

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's beside the fact that they changed the culture with this.
    Yeah, it's too WoW/HotStorm like.
    True.
    The peon has scoliosis now.

11. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    In a way - yeah. I preferred the old one, but I can live with the new one too.

As I've said, lore-wise peons are "failed" Orcs who are good for nothing else than simple labor, so making them look deformed fits perfectly.

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  13. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is it just me or did they make a lot of demonic creatures look a bit more humane? I mean things like Dreadlords, Satyrs, Succubus...

On the other hand, all the skeleton icons are super awesome! :)

P.S. @deepstrasz talking about covering up and Succubus (and derivative) - wanna bet how much they cover them up? :D

14. WGPavell

WGPavell

Resources:
    Resources:
    Anybody knows how to enable buttons in the menu of new beta?

15. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Technically, Satyrs are not Demons. They are corrupted night elves, so it makes totaal sense that they look like night elves. We're also getting female satyrs, which we don't have even in WoW or any other Blizzard game, save Hearthstone, which is really nice.
    Eredar are also not Demons, technically.
    Dreadlords and succubus have been definitely "WoWised". But it also fits they're models, cause they are basically Mel'Ganis from heroes of the Storm.
    Archer was dressed most likely cause she is based on Sylvanas from HotS, so she has simmilar leggings and shoulders.

16. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    In this case, "politically correct" is just a more mature look. Don't need them looking like they are coming back from the beach lol. For the current archer model in Wc3, I never thought she looked sexy lol, not while being so low-polly.
    - Exactly!! wtf is up with the hair... does it need to be geometrically straight? xD

17. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
  18. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Awesome. Not sure I like the flying machine so much. It's so big for a unit that is typically massed.

19. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Most of the units are fine, the heroes not that good, I do love the Paladin though:
    Wait so high elven and blood elven priest, sorceress and dragonhawk rider will have the sameskin?
    Is the Archmage a dwarf? His icon looks a lot like a dwarf.
    Mountain King looks nothing like he does in Classis.
    Blood Mage looks too much like a San'layn.
    OK, don't get me wrong it's not a bad thing, he is the best looking of all Heroes, I don't mean to sound insoulting to anyone or anything, but is the Paladin black?

20. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources: