1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Gerard.

Gerard.

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've played WC3 1.30 and 1.31 on both Windows 7 as well as on Windows 10 but the game does not work properly unless I create a shortcut of the .exe file and add -graphicsapi Direct3D9 into shortcut target properties. Here is a list of issues that should be addressed for the next update:

1. WC3 worked fine for every update 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 until 1.31 came out in June and I was forced to use a shortcut and add -graphicsapi Direct3D9 to the target box in properties otherwise the game would crash. After every game I play now I have to open task manager to force WC3 to close because it won't go back to Bnet lobby after a game ends.

2. MyMGN created a reconnection tool called GProxy DLL on their website that supported wc3 up to 1.29.2 Even though I didn't disconnect very often GProxy reconnected me automatically to the online game that I disconnected from, until my internet connection was restored, up to 5 minutes later.

3. You should allow major clans like Clan ENT to register an official Hosting service similar to bots that would allow them to record stats of individual players for ranked games like Dota and Legion TD Mega for competitive gaming and also IP ban abusers and map hackers. Clan ENT has records of gaming stats and bans on their website. Clan VFG was also a major Vampirism Fire community that had official stats that were lost after bots were removed.

4. Bots had customized commands so players could view stats of themselves and other players and Administrators also had special commands for maintaining their servers and banning players who deserved to be. The commands you can use nowadays on 1.31.1 hosted games are very limited. Without bots you have given the game over to wild west style of play where map hackers, abusers and cheaters flourish without any repercussions. You can't even kick a player out of a game if they are ruining the game. Although players from Clan VFG still hosts Vampirism Fire games and have a command where if you type -kick blue, for example, players can type -yes and that player can be kicked out. Now map developers have to customize kick commands in their maps to boot players instead of being able to use !votekick command like in bots.

2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    That is likely due to your graphic driver or graphic accelerator having poor D3D11 support. Cannot really blame Blizzard for that as D3D9 support will be dropped soon, as it was with most Blizzard games.
    IP bans are not effective for logical reasons. Most users have dynamic IP addresses.
    Which is kind of intentional. Unless the map was designed around kicking such players it is not fair to allow players to do this and it could break many maps.

3. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    But the graphics in Warcraft 3 now don't even utilize Dx11 :]

4. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    wc3 reforged will

5. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    They do now...

They do not really need to. But they do in order to comply with Blizzard policy. Additionally Reforged will need to.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 11:43 PM
  6. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    a)official release on blizzcon,beta in few days xD? b) beta at blizzcon ,official release around chatolic christmas c)no beta at all

Still i think 31.12.2019 is not just a phrase i think its rather "until", and that 2nd november official release could be circumvent somehow.

Considering no news for 10 months and last patch testimony directly from dev, lead us to conclude they are in a trouble and a hurry.

This is why by realeasing the beta at blizzcon i think they can find a solid alibi with next 2 reasons :

1. I believe whole art job will be done until blizzcon in such a state nearly/as official release

2.Tehnically we are already in beta considering gameplay + they have time until blizzcon to do reforged only patch

Which might means that we will face "beta" almsot as full game ? But is that beta xD, and is this a practice seen yet i rly dont know

Anyway if that scenario happens (and i believe it can happen only due tremendous problems),it will give them 2 months time for official release around chatolic christmas.

Which would be more or less just patching the "finished" product ( by that time art is done,bnet integration done,engine done etc)

I dont know damn,i just dont wanna believe they will do official release without us tasting "beta", after what they would just patch it xD..

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 11:23 PM
  7. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Early Access on 31st December confirmed. :p

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 11:43 PM
  8. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    :O sauce?

9. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It was a sarcastic prediction.
    You people need to work on your understanding of sarcasm, seriously.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 11:58 PM
  10. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @EredarArbeiterYU: as of this writing, they still do not really require any D3D9 feature either imho. Nor any D3D8 one afaik.

Despite the fact that the original official requirements for WC3 mention a "8 MB 3D video card [...] with DirectX® 8.1 support", and also despite the fact that d3d8.dll is used by WC3 up to and including v1.26a, the list of officially supported video cards in 2002 shows that Blizzard was targeting Direct3D 6.0 / OpenGL 1.2 (or even 1.1?) compliant 3D accelerated hardware from the 1998-2000s era, such as (at worst) the Nvidia Riva TNT, the Intel i810 family of chipsets, the 3dfx Voodoo3, or the ATI Rage 128. Blame a four year development cycle which started in 1998, for a different kind of game.

The bump to D3D9 with happened with v1.27a, was to improve compatibility with Vista and above. As OSes get patched, the way they manage compatibility with legacy API might also change. As an example, starting with Windows 10 version 1809, the exclusive fullscreen functionality has been removed from system d3d8.dll according to this thread (it also says it is still possible to get the real fullscreen back, but that this could change in the future).

@Gerard.: Are your graphics card drivers up to date? Starting with v1.31.0, the game defaults to using D3D11.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019 at 3:42 PM
  11. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe they quit on Reforged and are just hoping people will forget and not noticed it will never come lol.
    Anyway... I used to think that 31st december was just a placeholder and that it will come sooner, BUT after all the silence I think they will either really put it out on that date or give us a beta or even postpone till Q1 2020. :/

12. SLICED

SLICED

Resources:
    Resources:
    There wasn't really silence.. there were some unit/hero artworks leaked at a Chinese market I think, plus the fact that Reforged will be one of the games hosted in a tournament in China at the end of November. Honestly, I don't think Blizz would do something scummy like that. They did keep their promise on WoW Classic, so I think they're really set on bringing the whole experience from the past as they intended to last year. Tho, idk if we're gonna see a Beta anymore.. it's too late for that, assuming the game will be released at BlizzCon 2019.

13. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    To me its simple to understand at this moment .

1. If no beta official release must be at blizzcon, since they didnt offer #something# tasty to people
    In this scenario they will have to mainatain the game and patch it, cause i doubt product will reach some more stable standard.

2.If there is beta, then it will be at blizzcon and it will look like almost finished product and it must be opened beta (cause of pre-pruchase), which they would literally patch it around chatolic christmas and officialy release the game
    We will have the game, and we will watch the stream. Its good for both old and new players who are about to buy the game,its good for marketing using their own event

This scenario aligns with rule that blizzard must offer #something# to people who pre-purchase.
    And like i said that beta will be more like finshed product than the term we used for it, so there will be no solid argument to ask for refunds.

Also,if they continue to fail with patches etc,they will continue patching the game until they reach some satisfactory stadium.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019 at 12:38 PM
  14. SLICED

SLICED

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yep, pretty much true. We could consider Beta what they've already showed us last year with the Culling of Stratholme scenario. At least, I only think that's what's going on in their minds, something like this: "Ahh.. we also need to release a Beta ? We don't have the time or the resources to prepare something like that for release at this moment.. Let's just assume that what we showed them already is Beta.."

15. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well the way thing look now....
    It's not a secret that the situation in Blizzard is not good. The company needs all the cash it can get. Having only one succesful game(Overwatch) is not enough to keep a large company as Blizzard running. So they have to release as much cash grabs as they can. That's why we got WoW Classic and why we're getting Warcraft 3 Reforged. So there definitely will be Reforged.
    What is obvious is that Reforged is not Blizzards priority(it's Overwatch). Warcraft related stuff aren't even second most successful Blizzard's game(it's Diablo). It's also obviouse that Reforged is a game with limited budget, that reuses HotS engine, almost all units we've seen thus far look and animate almost exactely like they do in HotS. So I personally expect it to be late and initially with a lot of bugs(last few years Blizzard developed a tendency towards buggy games). Though it "worries" me that there's still no beta. Some people say that it's a good thing and they will release it full, but I'm not convinced/sceptical, it's just not how Blizzard does things.

16. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm pretty sure World of Warcraft is more valuable to Blizzard then anything Diablo related.

17. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It is 100% true, especially with the huge success of Classic WoW. To be honest Blizzard can say we will just announce a new WoW Expansion and nothing more on Blizzcon it is enough for them, but probably because of backlash from Diablo Immortal they'll show some D4 news too.

I'm expecting Reforged to be in between of those 2 panels for 10 minutes, Pete will come and say it is released now thank you and gg.

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Leaks are not official, thus not relevant to as being non-silence.
    Beta is when mostly everyone can play it.

19. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't agree. Before Classic, WoW was slowely but surely dying. It was their most successful/important game by far during it's prime(WotLK), but after that it's numbers kept going down and down. Blizzard didn't really help with releasing bad expansions. WoD was the point that almost killed it for good. At one point in WoD it started to loose money acctually, and there was talk of ending it. Luckely they descided to risk it and put out Legion an expansion that would rivel WotLK. Legion revitalized it, but not even closely to a point during it's prime, and after that things started to get down again. Now WoW still makes money, it was making money all the time apart for a short moment in WoD, but not really enough as maintaning a large game like that is quite expensive.
    Judgeing by how things look now, how successful is Classic opposed to BfA, I wouldn't expect a new expansion anytime soon. I would expect an 8.2.5 and 8.3, maybe 8.3.5 to wrap up the story, but spread over a whole year. I would instead expect more Classic servers and maybe some TBC/WotLK servers.

20. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Even though it is not the place to talk it here but 8.2.5 is out by October, 8.3 and 9.0 will be the WoW's talk as usual cause their 'Blizzcon Cycle' are simple 1 year for x.2 announcements other of x.0 announcements